Anyone Home Brew?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feynman

Reaction score
I'm finishing up my forth batch of beer and was wondering if anyone home brews? I've been doing it for about two years but not constantly.

I've done some kit brews, but I've been holding off for a couple years-long story.

Gb

ive been thinking of trying it out... got any good sites with info?

after im done cleaning & adding on to grow room im going 2 brew a barley wine. looking for around a 15% brew then in final ferment thinking bout throwing in some bubblelicious for a lil extra kick in the pants. do you have any input on this. also this will be my 1st brew.

If you have the right setup, sounds like a very good co-hobby for growing weed. Having a few brews going in the same room with the ladies will give them some additional CO2.

How long does it take to brew? Dunno if I have the patience. :p

420 HEMP ALE

Ingredients:

* 6 LBS AMBER LIQUID MALT EXTRACT 1 LBS AMBER DRY MALT EXTRACT
* 1 LB CRYSTAL 75L
* � LB CARA-PILS
* 1 OZ CRUSHED HEMP SEEDS (Order Hemp Seeds Here Click)
* 0.6 OZ CASCADE (60 MIN) BOILING HOPS
* 0.5 OZ CZECH SAAZ (2 MIN) FININSHING HOPS
* IRISH MOSS 1/2 TSP LAST 15 MIN
* ALE YEAST
* RECOMMENDED WHITE LABS YEAST: WLP001 California Ale Yeast

Mix all the above ingredients in a big pot then bring to a BOIL for at least 60 MIN.

In the last 15 minutes (or after 45 minutes boiling) add the Irish Moss (� tsp).
TARGETS:

- OG: 1.057

- TG: 1.016

- ABV: 5.4%

- IBU�S: 18.2

- SRM: 17

Enjoy,

Cannabis beer

One of my favorite recipes for beer brewing is to use a standard porter or stout recipe, with the addition of 1/2 ounce of distinctly flavored herb. The best I've found is the sort of spicy flavored inland Mexican sativa, seeded tastes better than sensemilla. Throw the herb into the wort once it starts to boil, boil for at least 30 minutes. Continue with the brewing process as usual. I called this the "Special Recipe Stout", and it was a real hit at a biker bud's birthday party. Nice crisp herb taste, two pints and your eyes turned red and cottonmouth set in, so better drink another... I imagine that an indica would taste pretty nice in a pale ale or other highly hopped brew. An irish red with one of the berry flavored buds might also work well.

Still sounds too complicated b.u.

With a beer store on every corner, it's just soooo damn easy. :D

I love wine and bottle my own, also bottle my own grappa. I've thought about bottling my own beer for years though, just never did it. I love seeing the end result of your own work, so cool and personal.

bud.uncle said:
Cannabis beer

One of my favorite recipes for beer brewing is to use a standard porter or stout recipe, with the addition of 1/2 ounce of distinctly flavored herb. The best I've found is the sort of spicy flavored inland Mexican sativa, seeded tastes better than sensemilla. Throw the herb into the wort once it starts to boil, boil for at least 30 minutes. Continue with the brewing process as usual. I called this the "Special Recipe Stout", and it was a real hit at a biker bud's birthday party. Nice crisp herb taste, two pints and your eyes turned red and cottonmouth set in, so better drink another... I imagine that an indica would taste pretty nice in a pale ale or other highly hopped brew. An irish red with one of the berry flavored buds might also work well.

BU i posted a thread bout a month ago & asked when 2 add weed to brew. i thought it would be added 2 boil. then i was told 2 put it in final ferment. now ur saying boil. have you done both ways or just in boil. seems that boil would extract thc better. in the other method youll need higher alc content. read 12-15% so maybe a barleywine? i love barley wine. what r ur thoughts would b better?

Latest posts

Back