Anyone Keep Goats?

• Thread starter The Hemp Goddess
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O..Ya 20 top of the line solar panels "this past winter" 30K....$10K Back from the fed.s out the door fully installed $20K......Ouch....:48:...

Wow,,,that is scary,,they even put the % of electricity used and stated how much more then it was then your neighbors.
Big brother as usual ,,,WATCHING everything we do. Can we say NSA.

Mine has that too and also tells me how much mine has changed from a year ago. There are a hundred reasons for one person/family to use more power than their neighbors. First, there aren't a lot of all electric homes anymore--that alone can make a huge difference. I cannot remember the last time I plumbed an all electric home. The number of people in the family makes a huge difference. Is there 1 shower in the morning or 6? Laundry for 1 or a whole family of active children? A difference of 79% could well be simply that your home is all electric and your neighbor's isn 't. Homes with gas appliances--furnaces, water heaters, stoves, and dryers (the power hogs) will consume a lot less electricity. Unless it it is 790% higher, I cannot see how this would raise a red flag or be considered probable cause. Just how much wattage are you using for your grow? I believe that you use LEDs don't you?

The problem is called Red Flags,,,,same way the IRS works,,,Red Flags. Dont get so relaxed in an illegal state that you dont pay attention, ,,because they do.

Yes THG I use LEDs --- Right now I'm running 8 Mars 300 Reflector Series !-- Gonna be adding more when I convert to gas appliances !-- There never has been a spike in my usage that would say this is when he fired up the grow !

I didn't realize you had that many. You must be running around 1200w then. How big a space are you lighting with these?

THG -- I run the 6 in this pic --one in the nursery and I got a test box in bloom elsewhere !-- I'll be putting 20 of these in a spare bedroom as soon as they even think about ending prohibition in Texas !

View attachment 20160702_094407.jpg

Oh Keef, good luck with that. I figured that I would die before Idaho (the Texas of the west) ever legalize MMJ.

How do the two lights per sq meter work out for you? I was disappointed with the results of a 700w Mars in a sq yard area.

Doing the best we can under the circumstances THG !-- Still got questions but I think we can make it work !-- Things evolve !-- Come a long way since that store bought aerocloner !-- Built my own dam system !--U ever ran an aero cloner U know plugged microsprayers and the pump warming up your res. will make U crazy !-- Been one problem after another and it seems to have all come together finally! -- Now if I can make it produce consistently !

I snapped a pic of the back of the backyard from the deck so you could see what I have. Unfortunately the big beautiful steel building on the right of the second picture is not mine, but the neighbors next door. Good neighbors--they came over last Sunday and ran a brush hog over the back area. I am not sure I have enough room to justify renting goats--my sis did do that with her 2 acres in Idaho, but here the entire property is just .62 acres. And not all of that will be "goat habitat". There is a decent sized piece fenced off for plants.

We had a chance to pick up a couple of free goats, but I could just not get a gate made and the fence repaired in a timely manner. I had a bunch of inside stuff to do. After going with no kitchen for 3 weeks, we are getting the kitchen cabinets and countertop installed tomorrow! So, by the end of this week, we should have a functioning kitchen again. I am going to do the backsplash tile, the flooring, and (of course) the plumbing. Other than the plumbing, I can do the other things at my leisure.

I am loving living in a legal state so much. It is scary being in your mid 60s and risking incarceration every day of your life, just because you choose to grow your own medicine. Half the states have seen the wisdom of legalizing MMJ, let's hope the rest of them see the folly of their ways and follow suit. Congrats to you in Ohio.

Nice pictures, yer livin' the dream, THG, I'm stuck in a 3bed rowhouse

Wow,,,that is scary,,they even put the % of electricity used and stated how much more then it was then your neighbors.
Big brother as usual ,,,WATCHING everything we do. Can we say NSA.

Those damn smart meters. We got sucked in thinking we'd all be able to take advantage of lower rates... WHAT LOWER RATES?
Bastids.
Very scary when you see it in graph form by day too, those patterns really stick out. But I hear they just want the bill paid and only get testy you're stealing it.

The problem is called Red Flags,,,,same way the IRS works,,,Red Flags. Dont get so relaxed in an illegal state that you dont pay attention, ,,because they do.

I've heard of the flags but I also think they look at their return these days.
I'm a loser, small, stumbling business, huge debt, I pay my personal tax and remit HST, but I haven't filed a company return in 10 years. They just remind me every year. There's bigger fish in the sea and less resources these days.
Hopefully.

You're absolutely right though, no complacency, never relax.

That is very true,,,they mostly just want thier money ,,,but never ever let your gaurd down. Lots of ppl in prison because they thought,,,it will never happen to them,,or nobody cares,,nobodies watching . Most likely they arnt,,,but what if they are because they have been alerted or you have been Red Flaged. Chances are nobody has a clue,,most the time they dont give a crap, ,,but sometimes ppl tell ppl things they shouldn't. Ive seen best friends turn on each other and snitch,,,or punks that dont wanna do time,,,turn into freaking snitches. So tell no one,,and you probably will never have a problem.

But damn 79% more? :rofl:

I am so high and messen wit you.

Blame it on the ha-ha -Hot Tub !-- Many of these houses are weekend beach houses --Some belong to Snowbirds-- Winter Texans who come down for the winter to get away from the cold !-- So it looks worse than it is !--- Around $300 a month for household and grow power ?--Really not that bad !-- The plan is to level out about here then start switching to gas appliances and cutting power use while adding more lights !--

Sopappy, I am loving our place. A lot of people would think a little 60s ranch house that needs a lot of work a nightmare, not a dream. But me, yeah, I am quite the happy camper. I am not sure what a rowhouse is, but it sounds better than an apartment. I hate living in apartments.

Weedhopper, you are right about never letting your guard down. I have grown for decades without getting popped. You only do that by being careful. However, my electrical usage was usually the least of my worries. One of the reasons that I grew hydro is that it looks awfully funny dragging in bag of soil and additives when there is 5' of snow on the ground. I also worried about odor and the trash you create when you grow and took steps to never have stuff like that lying around. I still believe that 99% of busts are because someobne has loose lips.

Keef, sounds like your place is opposite of where I used to live in Idaho. We had "flatlanders". People who spend the summers in the mountains and then closed up their places for the winter and went someplace warm (like where you live). I lived in a "subdivision" (I use that term very loosely) that has 366 properties. Of those, only about 60 residences were occupied all year round. Even though we have cheap power, it was not unusual for my power bill to be $300 in the winter. The last 3 places I have lived, I have removed the electric stoves and ran gas. I just hate cooking on an electric stove. If you have not done it before, I think you will love cooking with gas and you will be amazed at the recovery time of your water heater.

It has been so darned hot here, but is starting to cool down some. High today is predicted to be 87. A real relief from the 100+ we have been having. Looks like we have about a week of this before its back to 100 again. Hoping to get some yard work done.

Yep,,,loose lips 99% of the time THG,,,and thats with anything to do with the Popo. The Electricity usage is just one way for them to get your butt once the Popo has been alerted.

THG --This is the first electric house I ever owned !--There is a natural gas line at the street but not to the house !-- If they ever let us have those meters like Cane has with his solar system --I confuse the hell out of how much power I'm using !-- So many things to look out for !-- The Po-Po down here have a special task force !---If any weed is found in a bust that is not brickweed the case goes to them !-- They are tasked with tracing it back to the source !-- (The farmer)---No way in hell would I turn loose of any of my weed down here !-- They get to jack thier arrest numbers up busting people for simple possession! ---

That is very true,,,they mostly just want thier money ,,,but never ever let your gaurd down. Lots of ppl in prison because they thought,,,it will never happen to them,,or nobody cares,,nobodies watching . Most likely they arnt,,,but what if they are because they have been alerted or you have been Red Flaged. Chances are nobody has a clue,,most the time they dont give a crap, ,,but sometimes ppl tell ppl things they shouldn't. Ive seen best friends turn on each other and snitch,,,or punks that dont wanna do time,,,turn into freaking snitches. So tell no one,,and you probably will never have a problem.

But damn 79% more? :rofl:

I am so high and messen wit you.

Yer absolutely right of course, I thought about it when I opened my email this morning.

View attachment yikes.JPG

Latest posts

Back