anyone know what might be causeing this

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skullcandy

Reaction score
I have this plant in dwc using advanced nutrients PH perfect this plant started yellowing abut a week after I started to flower it I used bud factor x, B-52 vitamins, bud candy, and all of the ph perfect I thought it was the iron so I added cal/mag seemed to slow it, once I stopped all the additives it still continued to worsen I am currently using 3 tsp of micro , 1tsp. of grow, 12 tsp. of bloom from the ph perfect and this is in 3 gallons of water . tomorrow is 7 weeks of bloom I just got done changing the water waiting to see the results I thought it might be nute burn but I currently have everything under what the manufactor suggests which is 3.2 tsp per gallon am not sure what I am doing wrong any suggestions as to how I can adjust to fix this. I will be flowering till 9 weeks or till all the trichoms turn amber and they have already started .

07112013-1.jpg

07112013-2.jpg

07112013-3.jpg

07112013-4.jpg

Almost looks like heat stress, I just posted a thread with a similar problem to double check if that's the issue... What are your temps? What kind of lighting and how far? Do you use any foliars? If so do you use them while lights are on?..

That almost looks like leftover damage from either a magnesium deficiency or a toxic buildup that you have probably already fixed. I would stop adding any grow nutes to a plant that is past 5weeks in bloom as I don't believe it needs it at that point and just adds to the chances of toxic buildup. :)

Rich420 said:
Almost looks like heat stress, I just posted a thread with a similar problem to double check if that's the issue... What are your temps? What kind of lighting and how far? Do you use any foliars? If so do you use them while lights are on?..

temps vary from 85-95 I use Leds they at high temp put out around 90-95 degrees plants are 12- 16 inches away from the top of the plant, I did use a foilor spray during veg liquid light with the lights on. this problem did not statr untill a couple weeks after I stopped using the foilor so I ruled that out.

Those are quite high temps to keep the plants constantly exposed to. I wouldn't keep them that high if it can be helped. I don't think that is the issue here but it can't be helping. If you have them under LEDs and still have that kind of heat, I have to ask what kind of ventilation are you running at this point, and are they in an enclosed area that can be cooled?

I have them in a tent zipped up a couple fans one blowing fresh air in the other circulating the air in the tent . I have not got climate control . just fans

Yeah that is the cause of the heat in in your grow space. I assume your tent has air ports at the top and bottom? As soon as you can, you need to get a centrifugal fan and attach it at the top of the tent so that it will pull the heat out rather than trying to force cooler air in. Air seems to work better when it is pulled rather than pushed. The centrifugal fans are just like the blowers on vacuume cleaners, they create a strong vacuume that will suck all of the heat out of the top of the air space, and that vacuume pressure will pull the cooler air in from the bottom where it will rise up and deliver the fresh co2 to the plants.

Even if you have it in a space where the air isn't conditioned, drawing the heated air out at the top will still keep them cooler than trying to blow air in on them. Then you can use a small fan to push the fresh air around as it comes in through the low ports. :)

Don't even bother with the duct fans as they don't create any vacuume. They say that they push x amount of cfm but that is when they are unhindered by anything including air pressure. It is like putting a box fan in the window but then keeping the door to the room closed. You will barely get any wind out of it. Open another window and turn the fan to blow out and you will get more wind from the window without the fan than you did from the fan itself because it is now unencombered by air pressure. :)

IMO i think its salt build up in your medium blocking out other nutrients when was last time you flushed ????? might want to do it then give it proper feeding i think the 12 tsp of bloom is what cause it ....
i add 1 teaspoon of bloom per 5 gallons your adding it to 3 ???
anyways those leafs are no good flush out your medium and then give them another shot of food is what i would do then discard all the damaged leafs

DR fever I went with it took the lid off the buckey got to the water hose and ran water in the medium for five minutes or so lots of dirt came out the bottom for when I had transplanted them into the medium I germinated the seeds in soil then put them in dwc with the dirt still attached to the plant silly me. I hope that helps her out I still had some stuff stuck in the roots that the water could not flush out so I left it there cause I do not want to cut the roots. I will watch her close for the next few days to see if theres an inprovement thanks for the info

Latest posts

Back