Anyone Wanna Confirm The Bad News For Me? Male :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trent45

Reaction score
Sooooo, been in flower for 5 days under the 400 watt HPS and ain't looking too good. 2 males out of 2 is what I am seeing. Kinda sad. Ah well

Here they are..... First set is plant one, second set with white in the background is the 2nd.

P1010647.JPG

P1010652.JPG

P1010654.JPG

P1010655.JPG

P1010656a.JPG

yeah... all those guys have is their balls and their word. not funny but could not help myself.

Nah it's cool man. Those two went through a lot until I got them in their final set-up. Just put 6 seeds in to germ to make sure I get some females next time around, besides, I will be away for almost a week come Christmas and my mind will be at ease will the CFL's on and not having to worry if the HPS is gonna burn the house down.

Good attitude Buddy:aok: and everyone gets the male runs:rofl: heres wishing you nothing but females on the next grow:bolt::bong:

I feel for ya!...My last "grow", I planted 3 seeds for the H*ll of it. - 1 never broke ground, 1 seedling got broken by the cat, and 1 pretty darlin' I nursed for 6+ weeks, turned out to be a male! :eek:

I knew I was taking a chance on the "only-lonely", but, oh well. - Onto the next grow...:p (Which is a pretty, little "bush" now; sex to-be-determined soon.:watchplant:)

the plant i got at the moment had a couple of hermie branches at the bottom after two/three weeks of flower ,i removed the branches infected with gayness and now its 6 weeks and a beautiful lady ,im so glad that what happened too you didnt happen too me...at least not fully anyway lol

I had a feeling they were male after I threw them into flower. The girlfriend was more upset than I was. Hahaha. I have 6 seeds ready to pop, gonna see how the female ratio is with those and probably do a short veg with 3-4 plants in a 18 gallon rubbermaid. :)

And thanks for the kind words and support guys.

It's really not a loss by any means. Being my first indoor it was a learning process. I now have a final home for ANY plants that I start, and they will not have to be moved, transplanted, or anything. I figured out a good watering schedule and even got fmailiar with LST. So I got some really good methods and knowledge under my belt. And now that I have everything I need, these 6 seedlings coming along now are gonna have little to no stress or being moved, transplanted or bothered.

Thanks to everyone for all the help, I'll start up a new Grow Journal and end the male journal soon.

Thanks again guys (and gals :p)

i removed the branches infected with gayness
:giggle: :giggle:

BUDISGUD said:
the plant i got at the moment had a couple of hermie branches at the bottom after two/three weeks of flower ,i removed the branches infected with gayness and now its 6 weeks and a beautiful lady ,im so glad that what happened too you didnt happen too me...at least not fully anyway lol

have you any other ladys in your grow room as the balls could be hidden deep within your buds and still polinate any others??? :48:

Lol, I know, gonna chop them down tonight and get my growing medium topped off with soil and then pop some seeds in soon :)

Definatly not a total loss though. Lotsa knowledge and a fresh start :)

Healthy looking boys though. The 5 days under the HPS was like steroids for those boys. Props to everyone that made me get the 400 watt HPS :p

Well I just got through cutting those handsome lads down and taking out the root systems. Saved some of the male flowers for some added shake when I make hash.

Hoping the new batch of beans pop soon :)

BUDISGUD said:

Hello my friend...I am confussed...how does removeing lower branches on a hermie....make it a beatiful Lady? I thaught once a hermie allways a hermie..But Im New and learning..Thanks:bolt::bong:

Trent45 said:
Well I just got through cutting those handsome lads down and taking out the root systems. Saved some of the male flowers for some added shake when I make hash.

Hoping the new batch of beans pop soon :)

Heres wishing you nothing but females..KEEP M GREEN:D

4u2sm0ke said:
Heres wishing you nothing but females..KEEP M GREEN:D

Thanks bro, like I said, I have room enough for them all to grow together then pick out the males. I'd be happy with two females, bt have room for up to four, so here's hoping.

I really did notice a HUGE growth spurt in the 5 days or so I had the HPS on, we're talking about a half inch a day or more, with substantial growth at the top flower sites. Couldn't be happier with the 400 watt HPS

yeah.... now you will work on dialing in that operation..and I predict 4 Females..3 you can flower and one for Mother/Donor:aok:

The good news is they are very healthy looking males.

Latest posts

Back