Apology and Apparent disregard for "red" rep.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DonJones

Reaction score
I have openly apologized repeatedly, both before the screw up and after the fact for my unintentional offending of any one. If that isn't good enough, then there is nothing more I can do.

I figured the reason for my confusion about the red rep -- I'm red-green colorblind and the red shading isn't bright enough for me to distinguish it from the darker green. I'm not as color blind as a lot of people because I can distinguish signal red and signal green, but the shades are almost impossible for me to distinguish. I had to get someone with normal color vision to check it before I understood what everyone was taking about.

It might help others if the rep colors were a little brighter and easier to distinguish because a lot of people are red/green color blind and have the same problem.

I am what I am and have repeatedly and openly apologized for the way I come across, both after the screw up and in advance.

If my informaiton seems correct, then please disregard my wording or apparent attitude and use the information. If my information is NOT correct then ignore it regardless of how politically correct and sugar coated I phrase it. If you want a furhter explanaiton of my information or a source, please just ask for it rather than engaging in personal jabs, which I'm very prone to escalate, and I'll do my best to provide it.

I've been accused of having "busy fingers" and being long winded. The reason for that is I'm used to having to justify my answers in the setting I have worked in as well as wanting to try to avoid people basing their judgment of my information on my personality. It just seems like a lot of times giving the background up front avoids arguing and trying to explain the background or source to someone who diagrees and wants the disagreement on the information to be personal for what ever reason.

Please be assured that if I have something personally against you you will NOT have to wonder about whether or not it was personal.

So far as I can remember, I have never had anything personal against any member of the forum, even when I strongly disagreed with them.

I apologize again for offending any one with any of my opinions, beliefs or apparent attitudes. That was not my intent. I wish I could say that it will never happen again but it took 62 years for me to become what I am, and I'm not going to be able to change it quickly.

Great smoking.

Colour blindness has nothing to do with the friction you are getting Don.

Originally Posted by DonJones
I have learned much from some of the most obnoxious, opinionated, usually wrong people it has ever been my displeasure to know, and I'm sure it will continue to be that way because if it is correct information then it is irrelevant who said it or how.

Originally Posted by DonJones
Maybe you need to ask yourself, why someone took the time to create derogatory user ids her on the forum that seem to be a statement about your personality.

The above are just 2 samples of how you conduct yourself on the forum.

These are the reasons for the friction.

:peace:

Holy Hoots... a guy stumbled into a thread trying to see how our frozen friend LEFTHAND is doing with his mylar creation and WHAMMO! MORE Chronicles...:hubba:

:holysheep:

It's hard to imagine anything than hasn't been covered in the litany of posts about rep lately. Less bull in china shop? Less bark, more wag? We all know how the rep system works. If you keep a good 'tude & post positive info without berating the persons in the thread and/or coming across with a condescending tone - voila... positive mojo! None of us can repeatedly do that kind of online behavior and then just say it's unintentional. We all recognize experience and know how when applicable. I've pos repped whenever a poster is helpful AND neg repped when someone gets negative, surly and personal with attacks all of which are banned but still happen too often. When this happens it makes this less of a cool place to hang out....

Having said all that, all I wanna do is help others grow the dankest budz they possibly can... This world needs A LOT more meds... If I can help others lift up this miraculous plant in my own little way... Too cool.:)

Back to the MYLAR thread...:p

Happy Growing!:cool:

DJ at this point you wld be better off dropping it and just working on coming across with a more positive attitude when responding to people...I am sure more then a few people wld be willing to just let the past stay in the past and move on...it wld probably also help you in losing all those red pebbles you are carrying around...lets move on and get back to what this site is intended for...growing dank buds...

Apology accepted even though i havnt seen any of your posts don

lol

Start afresh we all get a second chance around these parts.

t4

DonJones,
I think it would be nice if the air of controversy would settle down and we could all move on. I personally feel that a step in that direction would be you removing your comments on your signature about the rep system. I and I am sure many others find it to be a form of controversy in itself. We all know the rules and we all try to live within them, as with anything we do in life. To openly harp against the rules of someones elses house that you are a guest in is not something that I would advocate.

The chef,

Can't it be both? I wasn't aware that they were mutually exclusive of each other.

Warfish,
I was thinking about doing that even before the red part was added by someone else in an attempt to inject humor, I think; and beforeany one suggested it, but a few people said they liked it just the way it is so I decided to just leave it alone for a while. They thought the way it is sounded funny, but I odn't know about that.

I'll probably do it anyway.

Great smoking.

Okay so why don't we let bygones be bygones and start anew....? The rep system is there it's not going away so lets get back to growing some super dank plants...

ozzydiodude said:
I'm :confused2:(nothing new) is that why you put the last sentence in your sig in Red(red) so you would not see it?

Now that's funny Ozzie! Good catch!

DonJones said:
the red part was added by someone else in an attempt to inject humor, I think; but a few people said they liked it just the way it is so I decided to just leave it alone for a while. They thought the way it is sounded funny

Great smoking.

i'm new here, and to computers, but, can anyone just come in and change my signature?

Hamster Lewis said:
Okay so why don't we let bygones be bygones and start anew....? The rep system is there it's not going away so lets get back to growing some super dank plants...

:yeahthat:

if it were me, I would delete this thread and start fresh with everybody..most seem willing to put aside any past offenses and get on with this business of living..and growing:)

END IT

Don it is a new year! You have a beautiful new grandbaby!!! your grow is getting bigger and more exciting all the time..life is good. Just try to be a positive force and good emotions/thoughts should come your way!

God I sound like a hippy..

the chef said:
no....no one can just come in an edit your sig.

thanx, for clearing that up for me. HHMMMM, as arsenio hall would say.

ozzydiodude said:
I'm :confused2:(nothing new) is that why you put the last sentence in your sig in Red(red) so you would not see it?

:spit: (couldn't refuse...I got a huge laugh from that)

Latest posts

Back