Are we up $hit creek???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, sorry everyone. Soapbox time for fadeux. (i get in trouble when I do this)

I am not a particle physicist, I know very little of orbital mechanics. I don't even really understand chemistry. BUT

This machine is NOT going to end the world. It is possible that they may create a microscopic black hole, but it would be so molecularly unstable that it would dissolve before ever reaching the outer walls of the machine.

These scientists are not hoping to "recreate" the big bang, just hoping to replicate a situation where they can study a similar effect. They don't need to succeed in recreating the big bang in order to study the effects of an event similar to it.

We have NOTHING to fear from this experiment. The "doomsday" people do though. Its something that they can use to manipulate the actual data and scare us all Sh**less... Heres a fun fact though. "Doomsday" people have been around since man first walked upright. These scientists are a lot smarter than we are, and KNOW that this will not destroy the world. There isnt a scientist alive today that would allow an experiment if there were a probability of it harming people.... Science is a GOOD thing...

Religion just tries to scare us into behaving. (according to THEIR standards of course...)

zipflip said:
has anyone ever herd of this 12-21-2012 doomsday theory of the planet x that crosses thru our solar system and creates all sorts of global devastation such as all kinds of hurricanes/storms earthquakes volanic eruptions pole shifts plates shifting etc etc... global devastation wipin us out by its magnificent gravitational pull....
google planet-x or planet nibiru, or the 12-21-2012 doomsday theory.
maybe this contraption is a mere enormous laser of some astonomical proportions with the ability to blow this thing to the heavens when it crosses here some links to some videos i found interesting on it. i periodically read up on it a bit and google videos an such. its all quite interesting if ur not such a skeptic and just do some reading on it an such. also why in the heck do u think our government and nasa so hard up to find other planets that are inhabitable for us? etc etc... also why does the ancient mayan calendar end on 12-21-2012. and about 36oo years ago which is the time it takes to come by us every 3600 years. this was bout the time of noah's flood
and it talks of these ancient alien beings inhabiting the erth and crossin the genetics of animals with their genetics creating us humans as their slaves/workers then later they started to breed wit us etc etc also they claim that thjis is wat really could have coused world wide extinction of the dinopsaurs. just google some videos on it. it really blows my mind and makes more sense then the theory that we were just created thru evolution or by god etc.. (not to get on religion) but all wat iu have read an watched an herd etc.. makes more sense than anythin else i've ever been told or taught growing up etc...
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXdx-SSwsQI&feature=related
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpN_KD7b0NQ&feature=related
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoWrtZX6J4c&feature=related
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZbhr5z6qXM&feature=related
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZbhr5z6qXM&feature=related>>>this one here is crazy i think but it really gets my brain boggled on facts and wat have u. i know i cannot discredit it.
just go wit the serch on youtube there are hundreds of videos on it.
so anyone think its some crackpot theory or anyone think its possible that this is true as to why we been experiencing a tremendous rise/increase in global natural dissasters as it states that from now which was 2007 at the time of the last video link until 12-21-2012 erth will be experiencing a rise on all disasters and growing more an more as time nears 12-21-2012
its got me lil concerned cuz i know dam well that our government would in no way inform the public of such an event if true anyways or there would be total worldwidespread panick and mayhem etc etc.. good reason for not tellin i guess but at same time crappy deal for us uninformed.
maybe this thing they building isnt really wat it is they say it is but maybe its a weapon of mass destruction to prevent this disaster or somethin to simulate a controlled magnetic gravitational field to keep it steady wit the norm as this planet does pass by thus throwin off the gravitational pull and causin all hell on earth

This is crazy babble talk... Sorry, but its all just random speculation... Space is very very big, and any "planet" orbiting our own sun, would be known by now. That's just NOT the way orbits work... You want a doomsday theory? Look up the collision between the milky way and the Andromeda galaxy. That's ONLY about 200 million years away. Better start canning food!

And the "government not informing us." You live under the notion that our government has full control over our lives. I assure, they dont. Granted, they try to take more and more of it every day, but they couldn't fire 9 lawyers without the media calling them out on it. I doubt they could cover up global slavery. Dont worry about these things. Worry about your own community. Worry about how you can make things better on a local level. Earth will not be destroyed by its "evil alien masters" anytime soon. I will put a lot of money on it. The government does suck, and it does try to take our rights away daily, but it has nothing to do with pyramid building aliens....

raoulduke2.0 said:
I dunno......... I do believe that there is definately SOMETHING left out of the history of the world that explains several of the ancient rapid progressions of mankind (Mayans, Egyptians,etc), and a separate race of beings would fill a lot of those holes but, I need more proof....... Are there any more pyramids to find?
this is bout basically wat io feel as well. i wasnt tryin to imply that i was all a firm beleiver in this like as it were part a religious deal or not. was just point out some informatioin that tied wit this planet x comin by erth thing and how wat the contraption this thread was posted about i was thinkin was maybe some gravity magnetic simulater to keep the earth in check as its balance will be disrupted to unearthly magnitudes and devastation caused by this planet x event...
our way of fighting this event and while i was veiwing videos on it i got into these alien things and the theory behind all that. i found it very interesting kinda like it was easier to make sense of life as wee know it in that sense vs wat we were all taught thruout growing up in life. JMO

i mean, fadeaux, u said somethin bout them wantin to create a small black hole sorta right? well wat is a black hole full of so full that a black hole the sixe of a baseball i was taught in school could suck our whole planet into it that its density is so astronimical that the largest cranbe in the world could not lift the weight of a black hole even half that size. its mass density caused by its extremely astronomical gravitational pull and that it basically in lamens terms, sucks all in its path into it making it more an more dense. or somethin along them lines anyway. but couldnt such be used in such a way to say jump start our magnetic fields or say give em a lil more oompf to with hold the opposing pull from other planetary or outerspace bodies with gravitational pulls so strong as described wit this planet x and with its projected chain of events and its effect on our erth's magnetic polar field shift stufff.... thats wat im tryin to get at. sorry for the way i explained it in terms of that of someone uneducated maybe but i hope u understand wat it is i'm sayin. u just sound like a man of good intelligence in this sort stuff is all.

zipflip said:
has anyone ever herd of this 12-21-2012 doomsday theory of the planet x that crosses thru our solar system and creates all sorts of global devastation such as all kinds of hurricanes/storms earthquakes volanic eruptions pole shifts plates shifting etc etc... global devastation wipin us out by its magnificent gravitational pull....
google planet-x or planet nibiru, or the 12-21-2012 doomsday theory.
maybe this contraption is a mere enormous laser of some astonomical proportions with the ability to blow this thing to the heavens when it crosses here some links to some videos i found interesting on it. i periodically read up on it a bit and google videos an such. its all quite interesting if ur not such a skeptic and just do some reading on it an such. also why in the heck do u think our government and nasa so hard up to find other planets that are inhabitable for us? etc etc... also why does the ancient mayan calendar end on 12-21-2012. and about 36oo years ago which is the time it takes to come by us every 3600 years. this was bout the time of noah's flood
and it talks of these ancient alien beings inhabiting the erth and crossin the genetics of animals with their genetics creating us humans as their slaves/workers then later they started to breed wit us etc etc also they claim that thjis is wat really could have coused world wide extinction of the dinopsaurs. just google some videos on it. it really blows my mind and makes more sense then the theory that we were just created thru evolution or by god etc.. (not to get on religion) but all wat iu have read an watched an herd etc.. makes more sense than anythin else i've ever been told or taught growing up etc...
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpN_KD7b0NQ&feature=related
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoWrtZX6J4c&feature=related
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZbhr5z6qXM&feature=related
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZbhr5z6qXM&feature=related>>>this one here is crazy i think but it really gets my brain boggled on facts and wat have u. i know i cannot discredit it.
just go wit the serch on youtube there are hundreds of videos on it.
so anyone think its some crackpot theory or anyone think its possible that this is true as to why we been experiencing a tremendous rise/increase in global natural dissasters as it states that from now which was 2007 at the time of the last video link until 12-21-2012 erth will be experiencing a rise on all disasters and growing more an more as time nears 12-21-2012
its got me lil concerned cuz i know dam well that our government would in no way inform the public of such an event if true anyways or there would be total worldwidespread panick and mayhem etc etc.. good reason for not tellin i guess but at same time crappy deal for us uninformed.
maybe this thing they building isnt really wat it is they say it is but maybe its a weapon of mass destruction to prevent this disaster or somethin to simulate a controlled magnetic gravitational field to keep it steady wit the norm as this planet does pass by thus throwin off the gravitational pull and causin all hell on earth

Ok, I just watched your first video link, and this is some REALL HEAVY GRADE A Bullshouy...

Apparently, this "Planet" the size of jupiter, will enter our solar system, and leave our galaxy within 3 years. Light itself travels at 186,000 miles PER SECOND. Do you know how long it takes LIGHT to leave our galaxy? Well, I don't know either, but for it to get from HERE to the CENTER of our galaxy, its about 56 MILLION YEARS. We (earth) are about 56 MILLION LIGHT YEARS FROM THE CENTER OF OUR OWN GALAXY.

Jupiter is over 100 times the size of the earth and has its own gravity. But guess what. YOU YOURSELF have your OWN PERSONAL gravity. A Planet as big as jupiter that orbits our sun, and only does so every 3300 years DOES NOT EXIST, and will NEVER appear as large as our sun. Our sun isnt just 100x as big as our planet. ITS 1,000,000 TIMES AS BIG AS WE ARE.

This video that you have posted is absolute nonsense, from a source that very obviously does not understand casual english. The grammer is terrible, and the facts are worthless. Planets dont have planets, the CIA isnt hiding this, and NOAH DIDNT SAVE EVERY CREATURE TODAY FROM A FLOOD.

How effin high are you? And what do you grow? Cause I want some of THAT!

zipflip said:
this is bout basically wat io feel as well. i wasnt tryin to imply that i was all a firm beleiver in this like as it were part a religious deal or not. was just point out some informatioin that tied wit this planet x comin by erth thing and how wat the contraption this thread was posted about i was thinkin was maybe some gravity magnetic simulater to keep the earth in check as its balance will be disrupted to unearthly magnitudes and devastation caused by this planet x event...
our way of fighting this event and while i was veiwing videos on it i got into these alien things and the theory behind all that. i found it very interesting kinda like it was easier to make sense of life as wee know it in that sense vs wat we were all taught thruout growing up in life. JMO

i mean, fadeaux, u said somethin bout them wantin to create a small black hole sorta right? well wat is a black hole full of so full that a black hole the sixe of a baseball i was taught in school could suck our whole planet into it that its density is so astronimical that the largest cranbe in the world could not lift the weight of a black hole even half that size. its mass density caused by its extremely astronomical gravitational pull and that it basically in lamens terms, sucks all in its path into it making it more an more dense. or somethin along them lines anyway. but couldnt such be used in such a way to say jump start our magnetic fields or say give em a lil more oompf to with hold the opposing pull from other planetary or outerspace bodies with gravitational pulls so strong as described wit this planet x and with its projected chain of events and its effect on our erth's magnetic polar field shift stufff.... thats wat im tryin to get at. sorry for the way i explained it in terms of that of someone uneducated maybe but i hope u understand wat it is i'm sayin. u just sound like a man of good intelligence in this sort stuff is all.

Do you have any idea what a "Black Hole" actually is?

If so, you have a jumpstart on EVERY physicist on this planet. The most intelligent ones say "if you think you understand it, then you dont understand it." You are comparing black holes to our magnetic field. With all due respect, you have NO IDEA what you are talking about. Its like saying your cars computer could be taken over by snickers bars at the local 711. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, get high and watch some Carl Sagan. Get his series "COSMOS". Its 28 years old, but still explains it. Or, get some PBS NOVA from last year. It explains it a lot better. If I could explain to you what a black hole was, I would win a nobel peace prize next year. But, if you do a little REAL research, you realize that you dont have to understand them, and that the TOP PEOPLE in the fields that do understand them, have no desire to destroy the universe. Also, they have no religon to promote, which seemed the opposite of the first video link you posted.

You obviously have an open mind, but please dont let it "fall out."

Do some more REAL research and reading before you take this stance, because it just makes you look foolish...

Very few people grasp the area of our "Solar System." A solar system is a star with planets.

We exist on the "Orion Arm" of the Milky way Galaxy. A GALAXY consists of hundreds of MILLIONS of stars. There are more stars in the milky way than there are grains of sand on ALL of the beaches of earth. If you had a ship that could travel at the speed of light, it would take you 56 MILLION YEARS to reach the center of our galaxy. The nearest galaxy to us is ANDROMEDA . It has just as many stars in it. There are COUNTLESS galaxies in this universe. It is a scientific fact that within 200 million years, the two galaxies(milky way and Andromeda) will collide. Needless to say, GALAXY is not a term that astrophysicists use lightly.

I am NOT trying to show you up with knowledge, but its hard to if this is your case. ABANDON IT.... The planet is fine. The PEOPLE may be screwed.... We need to focus on a way to coexist, as opposed to adopting religious doctrine to survive something that may never come.

Fadeux, where do you find the information that you know? I believe you completely, I would just like to be able to read up on it as well.

Oh cool we are still here!:eek::D
I was half expecting to wake up to a post apocalyptic world were everything was either getting sucked into a giant vortex and everything was going backwards....ya know...black is up and and white is east etc....
I was thinking of starting a pool...anyone like to guess when our doomsday will be?!
I'm guessing dinner time friday:rofl::rofl::rofl:

They have to actually collide the particles first Old Toby, all they did was start it up yesterday.

godspeedsuckah said:
They have to actually collide the particles first Old Toby, all they did was start it up yesterday.

Oh goody...so we still have some time!!:giggle::giggle:

Yep still have time enough to finish our grows, if your grows are finishing within a month.

godspeedsuckah said:
Fadeux, where do you find the information that you know? I believe you completely, I would just like to be able to read up on it as well.

I read quite a few books about astronomy. Its really an amazing subject to me. I would recommend Carl Sagans "Cosmos" series. It's from 1981 but still holds true (for the most part) today. On the DVD's he actually does updates (early 90's) and explains what they thought wrong. Once you understand what science really is, it is fascinating. The foundation of science is to prove yourself, or someone else, wrong. It isnt about being right. It's Truth above all else. I have seen a scientist work on a theory for 15 years, and when someone came along and proved it wrong, he could'nt have been happier. He shook the guys hand and said "Thank you, I have been wrong for more than a decade...." True science is about what is TRUE, not what is thought. Pick up some books at your local library. I LOVE Carl Sagan, and also Neil DeGrasse Tyson. Pale Blue Dot by Sagan is unreal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeSv2Fmx4Pk

check out that video. It gives you basically the introduction in video form. The book talks about mans future in space, and mans future in the universe. It truly is amazing, as well as cosmos. I would STRONGLY recommend you rent the COSMOS DVD, or download it (let me know if you need help with that) Roll a blunt, smoke it, and watch what our universe is REALLY made of. I greatly enjoy cosmology, so I learn it, thats how I know this stuff...

Old Toby said:
Oh goody...so we still have some time!!:giggle::giggle:

It is simply NOT a danger to us. If you think it is, your only two options are to stop it or leave the planet. Obviously you cant leave the planet, so you need to make arguments about why it should be stopped.

SCIENCE isn't sexy people... It doesn't ever give the great answers people seek. It's just basically True or False.

People like to believe the earth will be destroyed within their lifetime. Scientifically speaking, its just not true.

People simply don't understand the reality of it all. The universe doesn't care about you. The universe simply doesn't care. Science wants to know what is fact and what is fiction. True science is pure. There are bad scientists out there, who fudge their data, but its meaningless. Science is always skeptical, and usually wrong. Its ok though. They (scientists,, the real ones) only care about truth. Not about "being right"

That is where I draw the distinction. Religion is always trying to prove itself right, science is always trying to prove itself wrong.

hey ya'll, i can eat all this jarred food in the pantry and shoot up most of my ammo now, right. i mean, daggum i thought we was all gonna be up in a ball of "far", shoot!

all joking aside brian greene's "the fabric of the cosmos" is a very sound starting point for reading and understanding the science and theory in cosmology and astrophysics.

We live on top of a tiny molten rock traveling 67,000 MPH through space.I wouldn't worry too much about microscopic black holes that won't happen in the first place.Fadeux makes some great points.Earth still has a long future ahead of it(in mortal time).Humans though...
The answers to life are out there, in or beyond our universe.Not in any ancient books that were written by even more uninformed and superstitious people then we, the current residents.We might not know the answers but one should definetly be able to smell the bull manure when it comes to things like planet-x.Plus,why are armeggedon or predicted disasters always supposed too happen on a date like 12-21-12 or Jan. 1st of every single year?Give me a break!

time4tokin20s said:
We live on top of a tiny molten rock traveling 67,000 MPH through space.I wouldn't worry too much about microscopic black holes that won't happen in the first place.Fadeux makes some great points.Earth still has a long future ahead of it(in mortal time).Humans though...
The answers to life are out there, in or beyond our universe.Not in any ancient books that were written by even more uninformed and superstitious people then we, the current residents.We might not know the answers but one should definetly be able to smell the bull manure when it comes to things like planet-x.Plus,why are armeggedon or predicted disasters always supposed too happen on a date like 12-21-12 or Jan. 1st of every single year?Give me a break!

I don't mean to be a ****, but i believe its closer to 32,000 Mph. Overall though, I agree with you 100%, I just want to get the facts right.

Earth is an amazing place. Its all we've ever known. If you learn Carl Sagans perspective, it is a cosmic one. Sagan was actually a huge pot activist. He never did so though under his own name, but aliases'.

Sagan understands life from a "Cosmic perspective." He asks the right questions. Food is an "inconvenience" for most Americans. Thus, Fast food is so popular. Its terrible for us, I eat it everyday, but its just bad. Its an easy way for us to get our "fix" so to speak. How would you explain this to an extra terrestrial here to observe our ways. There are people starving every day, and I am going to eat crap, just because I dont want to take time to make a real meal. There are a thousand different things you could argue with this, but to me its not important.

The real question is how you would explain ANYTHING we do here to someone visiting from another solar system. We are all human, we are ALL that each other has. If we can't learn to take care of one another, we WILL NOT survive.

Watch COSMOS, Carl Sagan.... It will change your life... I promise...

I watched the show you linked for us and was very impressed. Thank you for the information Fadeux.

Latest posts

Back