attempting a new grow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondewannabe33

blonde mentality is alive
Reaction score
since the death of our last poor plant we have decided to try again. We have one plant started around 9-8, that is 2 feet tall, another that is the same, but kinda skinny. when new branches come out, the leaves where this happens turn yellow and fall off...is this normal? a few more questions,
1. are they ready to flower?
2. are flouro lights acceptable for flowering when thats all i can afford?
3. if flouros are ok, what color should be used?
thanks for the help in advance guys, maybe we won't kill these, or have males!;)

If the plant is 2 feet tall i'm going to assume it isn't too stretched and has alternating nodes... if thas a yes.. then it can be flowered.
Flouros are ok... yield will just be less
You want warm 'colored' bulbs

have it in miracle grow soil, we tried the nutes as per directed, it burned the last ones, so now using rain water and a multi-manure cocktail(rabbit ,cow manure, blended w/ water and filtered). most of the lights are flouros, 1 bulb is a red bulb that was taken out...can put back in if needed. total of 7 flourescent bulbs altogether. they seem to be doing ok since i've been studying this forum. just started the cocktail yesterday, all natural so we figured it wouldn't hurt. by the way, we have a steady supply of rabbit poo, if this helps.

just started giving shultz 10-15-10 plant food plus 1/2 dose for every 3-4 waterings. also, is it normal for it to want water (about a gallon) every day?

If it wants that much water it may be root bound... (which doesnt' really matter if ur flowering neways...) Altho if it is bound... and u transplant into something bigger b4 flowering that plant will get HUGE.

got transplanted to 5 gal bucket last week. started 12/12 last night, i'm pretty sure it's a girl!!!! as posted b4, no way for pics, but at the top braches there are a couple of places at the nodes that have 2 small white hairlike things sticking out:rolleyes: . let's hope it doesn't turn hermie!:eek: has some trouble with some of the leaves turning kind of a lime green color, we're thinking from other posts it may need the epsom salt, so we're getting that today.

Oh, u already got her into a big pot... well in that case I'd say she'll explode in size.

HI again, just to update, yes it's definately a girl, and not a hermie. The epsom salt is getting her color back. We took the aluminum foil down after reading the post on it the other day, though ours weren't getting any burns on them. Thing is, it hasn't exploded in growth yet. is this normal? It has been on 12/12, it hasn't really bushed out anymore, but has grown 2 1/2 inches. :confused: is this normal?

OK guys,new grower here.my first plant turned out to be male,turned it to oil,that went fine.but now i have a rescue plant i took from my friend.i've had it about 1 month now.i first seen it probably 5 months ago on his deck,about 12 inches then.when i took it it was 1 month ago and it was sad looking,about 18 inches,tiny little buds.they had moved it indoors,had no lights for it,just sitting in the living room.its in a good sized pot but i can see they have put the roots in a burlap bag sort of thing.should i take it out and replant it without the roots bagged up?now its growing with 2 small floro lights,20-20-20 nutes,in a vented closet with foil.i'm running lights at this point 18 on,6 off.it has started growing again,its about 2 ft.high now,buds are growing.the new leaves that are coming out of the top of the buds are not like the 6 leaf ones,but rather 2 or 3 leaves,and covered in sticky smelly white kinda crystal.is this all normal?what is topping?how long should i let this go?HELPPPPPPPP?

ok, sheeba, I think you might have posted in the wrong place if you'd like an answer(this is a grow journal) maybe you'll get an answer though.

New questions i need to ask please...on the light on system, is 12/12 as low as you want to go, or can you do 11/13 or so. we added more nutes in small doses yesterday, and our girl is looking great, grew another inch. I can't wait to see her buds, maybe just in time for christmas. If we can get our hands on a camera, we will give you all pics.

in addition to the lighting under post 1/13 from today, in our grow room, instead of a fan, we have an air purifier (hospital grade) set on super, set sideways to blow on plants while also purifying the air. as asked in the 11/13, will this lighting be sufficient for 12 plants, though will probably pull 6 that are in sad shape and will probably hermie due to inexperience and experimentation. but this site has helped us to fix many mistakes that we have made, hence our one growing, lovely lady. She is growing in pure miracle gro soil, with nitro spray on her every few days( all natural, made from worm ****, guaranteed not to burn plants), not to mention manure cocktail hubbie mixed in blender(which seemed to really boost plant growth). We definately have 3 females, others have not shown sex yet. any feedback is really appreciated guys!

Sunday, we gave in, cashed in the change jar, and went ahead and got the red bulbs. we have a definate 4 ladies:yay: , possibly 1 hermie???, and one we don't have a clue. It has a small cluster of little fat looking flower pods all over the top of the plant. it doesn't look like the others. Our ladies are covered with little white hairs coming out everywhere. the red lighting seemed to make a big difference. How long until we start seeing buds, and what will they look like (when they start out)? :confused2:
I really value ya'lls insight, and look forward to your answers.:banana:

Well if u dont see hairs and u see balls then get rid of that girl!! There is no doubt when seeing a male... a lil ball will appear... then more and more... then pollen..
A full change into flowering takes up to 21 days. If you were to always blindly feed your plants... u'd pick 21 days after switching to 12/12 b4 feeding the strong flowering nutes... can be as quick as 14 days... but 21 is a safe 100% sure estimate.

Congrats on the females. ;) Hope to see some pics of your grow and set up in the future if possible. Good luck on your grow and may the GREEN MOJO GODS be with ya. :aok:

yes very nice good job on the females keep up the good work

just an update. my girl is really growing! we keep trying to keep her out of the lights, but every day we have to raise the lights. 4 sets, extended on chains, each one having to be manually lifted, every day. I guess i should be happy??;)

Well, another update guys, we have 6 females from bagseed! we pulled one out that had little bundles of balls on the top of it, assuming that it was a male. 1 of the females, i'm still afraid might hermie, it's kinda in bad shape(the top of the plant is the only part that looks good) lower leaves are half brown and yellow, and there are only 6 for a good foot. :eek: the top is starting to look pretty tho. a lower branch of our best and 1st female broke off last week, so we cloned it, its looking ok, but not grown really yet. :rolleyes: Our baby has pistils coming out EVERYWHERE and some of the hairs are starting to turn brown, is this normal? still no flowers yet. i can't wait!!!:banana:

here grinchie, grinchie, here grinchie...lol:confused2:

my plants have been on 12/12 for 18 days and still no sign of buds...do we need blood meal or bone meal for them? Had another hermie, so it got pulled. the rest are fairly big ladies.:fly: we have hairs coming out everywhere, and they are getting longer. No signs of bud. any suggestions??:confused2:

:grinch: thanks.

Just sit back and relax... it takes 14-21 days for the plant to turn into flower mode.. the hairs will get mre plentiful... just as long as your dark period is totally dark.

Latest posts

Back