attic grow room advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z400rider8787

Reaction score
so i have a very large area in my attic i plan on growing in. the only problem or obsticle i should say, is the distance from the bottom of the floor to the bottom of the trusses is only 2 1/2 feet. but the good news is the spaces between go all the way to the roof which slopes from 3' at the back to 7' in the front. the area is 14'x12'. thats all the backround info. now my plan is to make 2 rooms (veg and bud) one on the right of the entrance and one to the left. in the veg room im gonna seal it up the best i can and put in two roof vents with two small clip on fans pointing either direction for intake and exhaust. and a similar set up in the bud room. im hoping by doing a "supply chain" grow style i can have twenty plants growing at a time and have one bud about once every week or two. feel free to fill me in on anything you would change or add please let me know. thats why i posted this thanks

Im having trouble picturing your setup, but last winter I grew 2 plants in DWC in a room i built in my attic. I have since removed the room and moved my growop downstairs. Im not sure where you live, but temperatures, as im sure you well aware of, tend to be in the extrema in attics; so if you have HVAC ducts accessible in your space i would recommend 'T'ing one of them and using it to heat/cool your rooms.

When I grew in my attic it was in the dead of winter, and where I live that means lots of snow, and lots of snow on my room. Needless to say, my roof was the first one to melt, lol. I got paranoid about it real quick and decided to insulate the sh*t out of my grow room, so good insulation is another thing you should consider. I would also think about maybe making a platform and simply tossing 2 grow tents up on it, rather than framing in a room.

Hopefully this helped a little. If i think of anything else ill chime in. Feel free to PM me with any questions. Good luck to ya! :farm:

Latest posts

Back