auto lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistertee

Reaction score
hi guys.just a quick question about my lighting for my auto soviets.ive only got a 600 hps so am i safe to use this from seed or should i invest in a prop lamp? money is a bit of an issue so i was hoping i could just use the hps but further away from the plants to start then gradually lower it to them.any ideas would be a great help as i,d rather not toaste them.not yet anyway:)

it will depend on the size of your growing space ,,,,,but a 600 hps is a proper lamp :D for growing/flowering

you will need a minium of 5000 lumens per sq ft and your lamp will be giving off around 90 000 lumens

and do as you said and start of further away and gradually lower down ,,providing you have adequate ventalation and fresh air movement ,,you should be good :peace:

thanks for that.i,ll be using a secret jardin drs 120.which is 1.2x1.2x2m it has a carbon filter fitted also.how far should i start the light off from germination?

this is very hard to recommend as there are many variables. Is it possible to get a small cfl lamp. I actually use those "trouble lites" that is a extension cord and can hold 1 lite. This will only work for 1-3 plants and you can have it as close or as far as necessary. I have torched(400 hps) several seeds in babyhood which is the hardest part of a grow for me. Start with your light at its highest point and lower it according to your plants response to the lite. :D for your grow

thanks mate..do energy saving light bulbs emitt the rite spectrum of lite needed? if so i could rig something up using a few(or a lot)of these.if it would suffice for the first week or two untill they can handle the 600 that would be good.cheers in advance:)

Go with a CPI CFL's if u can until they get a 2nd set of leaves....I hve tried to use my 600w hps to start them and it never works as well as putting them under cfl's...just keep the cfl's right on top of them...

Latest posts

Back