auto soviet first time grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistertee

Reaction score
hi folks..well they,re here.6 auto soviets by femseeds.orderd 2 days ago so quite quick really.just been placed in peat pellets and in a dark warm place so fingers crossed.this is my first ever grow so dont expect to much.due to being broke i,m gonna stick to bio bizz products for this grow.bio bizz light mix is my medium of choice,under a 600w duel spectrum sunmaster light in a 1.2 x 1.2 x2m mylar tent(drs 120) with a standard carbon filter.thats about it for now i,m afraid,not much else to say untill they show their heads.i,ll keep posting as i go.anybody with tips about my grow feel free to involve yourself as all help will be greatly received..hell i mite even have u round for a smoke:) ...happy days...teee

how exciting good for you! I cant wait to start my autos.

Way to go mistertee :)

Congrats on getting them so quickly :aok:

No feed for 4 weeks then flowering nutes, I use biobizz too, great stuff.

Good luck :)

:peace:

so just water for a month.then straight to bio-bloom? and thats it or should i get anything else? and should the nuetrients be at full strength? ta for the help fella,s...:)

I wld start at like half strength the first feeding and see how they take to it...some strains are fickle on how much nutes they can handle...then if all is good up it next feeding to 3/4 strength then to full strength...

cheers for that fella.shall i just stick to bloom or would you put anything else in? such as topmax or fish-mix? because i am using bio-buzz products so i,ll just get the ones i need all at the same time..cheers for the info peeps :)

mistertee said:
cheers for that fella.shall i just stick to bloom or would you put anything else in? such as topmax or fish-mix? because i am using bio-buzz products so i,ll just get the ones i need all at the same time..cheers for the info peeps :)

I am not familiar with bio-buzz products so I really can't answer that...I wld not get to fancy with autos...keep it simple...they love light, gve them 18-20 hours a day of it...water but don't over water...and put them in good sized pots...good luck..autos are tons of fun...

ok folks just 1 quick question b4 they pop up..i might b able to afford a 125w cfl instead of using my hps on them whilst they,re small.with them being autos should i buy a red spectrum from the start or would blue spectrum be better? i,m unsure which to start with as they will flower either way...thanks for the help guys:)

this will be a fun grow to watch.

mistertee said:
ok folks just 1 quick question b4 they pop up..i might b able to afford a 125w cfl instead of using my hps on them whilst they,re small.with them being autos should i buy a red spectrum from the start or would blue spectrum be better? i,m unsure which to start with as they will flower either way...thanks for the help guys:)

I thought I answered this question the other day but I guess I was either really high or it didn't post...

I wld use a full spectrum like this for veg....hxxp://www.1000bulbs.com/40-Watt-Compact-Fluorescents/39206/

As always change xx to tt....

cheers hamster.think u did tell me b4,just couldnt find 1 till u posted the link.anyhoo a happy day has arrived my fist girl popped up 2day.she,s luvvly.we (i) have decided to call her beyonce....:)

ok folks..still just the 1 thats popped up.hope her sisters r not far behind.today i purchased a 150w envirolite and placed my little 1 under it.i also purchased some ionic bloom for when its needed.for now i,ll just be playing the waiting game i suppose..just praying the other five show up soon or i,ll b having to get more seeds......:)

hello folks.i went to check my five pellets that hadnt popped yet to discover they where going moldy.i decided to dig them out and discoverd 3 had cracked but had not broken the surface.these 3 r now replanted in small pots of miracle grow.the other 2 r germin in kitchen roll so fingers crossed.the 1 that sprouted last week is lookin rather healthy under the 150 cfl.i have no idea how long ago the moldy seeds may have sprouted but i hope they,ll be ok.i have placed them under the light about 3 hours ago and nothing has happend yet....:)

I hope they pull through for you...I m going through a rough patch myself with getting beans to crack the soil...good luck..lots of green mojo to you and your little ones...

Greetings....
Nice post...I am very new to this also...annnnd my info is you put the peat pellets under lights just as you put the seed into pellet ...sooo
i dunno which is right..no light or lifgt with the pellet method...u c im trying the same and have practiced with pellets +sunflower seeds
right under lites ...abd wow 2 days later a head poped up and i did 3-5 more same way and they all sprouted...on the other hand i had some old bag seeds and tried both methods and a sponge method and a paper towel method and only got 1 from a pellet that was under light .
Soooo u c im confused ..and soon i will have some real good ones to grow and am not sure just which 1way to usr...whacha think ?

EJAY

------------------------------------------------------------

mistertee said:
hi folks..well they,re here.6 auto soviets by femseeds.orderd 2 days ago so quite quick really.just been placed in peat pellets and in a dark warm place so fingers crossed.this is my first ever grow so dont expect to much.due to being broke i,m gonna stick to bio bizz products for this grow.bio bizz light mix is my medium of choice,under a 600w duel spectrum sunmaster light in a 1.2 x 1.2 x2m mylar tent(drs 120) with a standard carbon filter.thats about it for now i,m afraid,not much else to say untill they show their heads.i,ll keep posting as i go.anybody with tips about my grow feel free to involve yourself as all help will be greatly received..hell i mite even have u round for a smoke:) ...happy days...teee

i,m not sure myself ejay.only one of my pellets came through for me.3 went moldy and 2 where no shows and r currently in a paper towell and a plastic bag.i have bin told both the ways u said is the correct method for pellets..ie with and without.i used without and only 1 popped so i wouldnt recomend that 2 u.i can tell u there r quite a few good growers on this site who will b more use to u than i am but any help i can be i,m happy to give.try posting ur question in the appropriate forum and hopefully u,ll find a pro with the correct answers.i hope u have a better grow than i,m currently undertaking...good luck...:)

When I hve used the Jiffy pucks to germ I put them under CFL's and hve had no problems...

well folks.the 3 moldy jiffy seeds have failed to appear.the 2 that hadnt popped still havent popped..so,ive just got the one(beyonce) she,s about ten days old and looks luvvly and seems to be growing quite quickly.yesterday she was placed in her 11 ltr pot.i decided that because i only had 1 i wasnt buying 50 ltrs of soil so she is in miracle grow potting compost instead.about 9 ltrs of that and 2 litres of perlite is the mix.hope it works.i will continue this plant under cfl,s only.i am not turning on my 600 w hps for one plant.this is a learning curve for me and if i get this auto to finish well(or half well) i,ll be happy..next time i,m gettin more seeds as i would rather have had the six plants i was expecting but i guess it wasnt to be..this time......teee:)

Latest posts

Back