baffled by yellow leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkkent

Reaction score
I don't understand. I just started over with some new bag seed. I think I had a water problem last time and had yellowing leaves so I figured I'd start fresh.

New plastic cups, new starter soil NO NUTES, distilled water, floros and setup that have produced before.

So they've been in dirt for like 4 days and look good but at least one has a yellow tip on second set of leaves already. ***? I've only watered them once, about an ounce each cup. I didn't initially water them when I put them in the dirt from the papertowel.

What's going on? Could it be too hot? I don't think it's getting over 85F and there is an exhaust fan, but no regular air-moving fan.

Interesting,
The babies need good moisture right off the get, and temps hovering around 76* to 78* degrees would be about ideal. I would recommend placing them around 8 inches below the lights to start, then slowly over a couple of weeks move them to within 3-4 inches. I allowed mine when they were older to get within 2 inches, but no closer. Any lil critters crawling or flying around ??
ps. set your temp gauge right at the exact that your darlings are at for as accurate a read as possible.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

maybe i'll try moving the lights. they don't seem hot or anything but I keep them close cuz everyone says to, lol. and so they don't stretch.
i don't know for sure about the ph. i have one of those probes that check water,ph,light but i don't know how reliable it is.

pics would help. so many things can cause yellowin its really hard to say with out seein it. good luck

yeah, i don't get it. i'm ready to quit. i moved the lights, been going easy on the water and their still dyin. i still don't have the pics but they are like an inch tall, the first set of leaves was great, green. the second set came in and went straight to pale yellow. now the bigger leaves are drooping and still green, but with brown along the vein or at least in the middle of the leaf.
this will be the second try in a month that i had to abort. i've never had anything like this happen. (not that i have tons of experience, but i've had two successful grows, littered with small issues)

try and get some pics up here. hard to say unless we can see ;)

Latest posts

Back