Ballast??? YES? NO?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcolvv89

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm getting all the equipment to build my grow box but was wondering about the lighting...first let me say...my one plant has been sitting on the window sill and I don't know if I put it in a box with light will affect it so will it?

Also I was going to get a grow bulb from my home depot but was wondering do I need a ballast or can I just have it plug right into a outlet?

I'm trying to get everything right

So if u guys want you can tell me of some good ideas on what to do for a good grow box..

Thanks!

It depends what type of bulb you are buying. CFL's will plug into any light socket. While HID require a ballast.

how about before you go any further you go get yoursekf a good grow guide..and read the frequently asked questions found on the site...before you buy anything...

and yes any hid light will need a ballast.most cfls have ballasts built in and tube flos have them in the fixture.

read man and expand your mind before yu go buy a bunc of stuff that dont work.

Take Mr. Wakenbake advice and read read and read some more.its all on this form good luck...

Alright I will read more and more on this...

But I have 2 questions for you guys

1. My plant thats on the window sill is growing nice, when I put it in the house with a light and fan it seems to start to not look good cause the leaves tend to bend down...whats up with that?

2. I see ppl on the site with there weed growing in what looks to me some brown type balls...what are they?

Latest posts

Back