BB Jam seedling turning blue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loolagigi

UP UP AND AWAY!
Reaction score
is this a deficiency? i thought it was, but its blue.....never seen the discoloration so evenly spread out on the edges of the whole leaf.

2010 029.jpg

the chef said:
Dunno LG Looks like a good strain. Any other issues?
no issues yet....seedlings all look the same xcept for this bb jam....i dunno whats going on with it. everything looks healthy. just some coloration on this one bb jam.

HI Loola,

I think it might be a nute sensitive pheno and maybe the soil is a tad on the hot side for it...:rolleyes: It sure looks cool tho...:)

Rock ON!:cool:

Yo Ho LG,

I grow a lot of cymbidiums, (orchids), and other exotics along with my good grows, and this is a bit strange, but perhaps I might enlighten you.

Some genetics carry a gene that is in a fashion sorta like being a redhead, in that they are very sensitive to the sun, you know pale skin and all. Well that sorta thing can, and sometimes does pop it's head in the world of Horticulture.

You might consider easing off the light for that particular one if you start to feel any stiffening of the leaf edge, and perhaps you might also consider placing your baby nearer to an edge of the lights where it doesn't get slammed all that hard with light, you know a very strong filtered maybe what she needs while still a young-un.

Your call, but I don't see anything to get in a bunch over, rather it will be cool to watch this one, and see how it turns as it matures.

smoke in peace
KK:cool:

dirtyolsouth said:
HI Loola,

I think it might be a nute sensitive pheno and maybe the soil is a tad on the hot side for it...:rolleyes: It sure looks cool tho...:)

Rock ON!:cool:
im just using top soil and perlite. no nutes yet. watering with 70 ppm distilled water. thanks for chimming in friend.

Hmm, curious, maybe this one won't need as much light as the others, maybe this particular seedling is a low light tolerant pheno? :hubba:

loola....the Blueberry Jam is only 25% blueberry, and 75% northern lights #5, I have grown this strain several times over the yrs, and have only seen blue hues in my plants late in flower...most of the color will come in flower.

I'm not saying it's not possible to get some blue, or other coloring this early, but just that I have never seen it with this strain.

My guess is that it is some sort of environmental factor...and not the blue from blueberry showing it's self....good luck man...your going to love that smoke if you get a fem out of those!

I got 6 of them going right now myself!

Latest posts

Back