beginner forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

911reagan

Reaction score
I just realized something, theres no beginner forum. I think that needs to change.

If you make a beginner forum with only beginners then there are no, more experienced growers to guide the beginners. If you make a forum where all levels of growers are welcome and have the beginners come on and ask the more experienced growers for advice then you are right back here at Marijuana Passion. :) If you want a forum where beginners can come on and tell the more experienced growers that they are wrong about everything and then get mad when the experienced growers give advice that the beginner doesn't like and the more experienced growers are supposed to stroke the egos of the kids who think they know everything already :rolleyes:.......Then you need to go to another forum :)

LOL, very good HP

I was a beginner, I came here, now i am not a beginner anymore.

Hushpuppy said:
If you make a beginner forum with only beginners then there are no, more experienced growers to guide the beginners. If you make a forum where all levels of growers are welcome and have the beginners come on and ask the more experienced growers for advice then you are right back here at Marijuana Passion. :) If you want a forum where beginners can come on and tell the more experienced growers that they are wrong about everything and then get mad when the experienced growers give advice that the beginner doesn't like and the more experienced growers are supposed to stroke the egos of the kids who think they know everything already :rolleyes:.......Then you need to go to another forum :)

Don't be getting HP all riled up :holysheep: :D

This is a community board where all knowledge/experience is shared....we don't need no stinkin beginners section.

Hushpuppy said:

LOL--like RollItUp

what i mean is a forum where experienced growers post all necessary basic growing info into one forum like 5 stickies with basic info to get a new grower started. for instance this general growing forum has a few nice stickies, then we get to mass producer's coco buckets,nute study,low stress training high stress training, subcools super soil(really? where did he run off to?) obviously a little more advanced than almost all beginner can handle. im just thinking if you had a forum devoted to just beginner topics it would help separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak

Hushpuppy said:

:goodposting:

911reagan said:
I just realized something, theres no beginner forum. I think that needs to change.

I agree, thats the first place you need to go.

911reagan said:
what i mean is a forum where experienced growers post all necessary basic growing info into one forum like 5 stickies with basic info to get a new grower started. for instance this general growing forum has a few nice stickies, then we get to mass producer's coco buckets,nute study,low stress training high stress training, subcools super soil(really? where did he run off to?) obviously a little more advanced than almost all beginner can handle. im just thinking if you had a forum devoted to just beginner topics it would help separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak

I have thought about trying to put together a "basic" tutorial, but just don't think it would really help. I think that there are just too many variables when we are talking about growing, even at the beginner level. A person's individual set up is going to be dependent on size, budget, indoors, outdoors, time they have to devote to it, whether they have a license, soil, hydro, chemical nutes, organic, local climate, etc, etc. I think it is hard to generalize enough to make a beginner guide helful to most. Probably a basic growing book if someone wants some kind of general idea. I got a book by Ed when I started growing in a closet--"The Closet Cultivator:Indoor Marijuana Cultivation Made Easy". We were just starting to get info on the internet in the late 90s, so a book was the way a lot of people went. But now we have the internet and somewhere out there, the answer to most all growing questions.

I think that if the beginners read the basic stickeys, get an idea of what they can do/want to do and then pass it by the peeps here that that works best and gives us the best opportunity to offer suggestions and alternatives.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I have thought about trying to put together a "basic" tutorial, but just don't think it would really help. I think that there are just too many variables when we are talking about growing, even at the beginner level. A person's individual set up is going to be dependent on size, budget, indoors, outdoors, time they have to devote to it, whether they have a license, soil, hydro, chemical nutes, organic, local climate, etc, etc. I think it is hard to generalize enough to make a beginner guide helful to most. Probably a basic growing book if someone wants some kind of general idea. I got a book by Ed when I started growing in a closet--"The Closet Cultivator:Indoor Marijuana Cultivation Made Easy". We were just starting to get info on the internet in the late 90s, so a book was the way a lot of people went. But now we have the internet and somewhere out there, the answer to most all growing questions.

I think that if the beginners read the basic stickeys, get an idea of what they can do/want to do and then pass it by the peeps here that that works best and gives us the best opportunity to offer suggestions and alternatives.

Everything you say is golden. :D

Read all the stickies on any forum that involves what your learning areas are, and make a post for help basically, describing the factors THG mentioned.

The sure thing is.. spend a good month or two just reading, watching and listening. Make sure any info you find is credible (this place is the bomb really) and just dig in for hours every day. Eventually you'll have something like two 4x4 Tents, both with 600watt HPS setups in it, and another 4x2 station just for vegging in prep for a flowering tent to open up.... (lol.. in other words, how I was just a few months ago ;) )

First factors.. determine your grow space requirements list (how big light / ventilation will be) and choose your grow medium and methods. That's putting it really vague lol.

I still vote THG for president of the awesome peoples club :confused2: :aok: :D

Yep, read the stickies, read many threads, ask questions, and you will be well on your way.

bigjb said:
Yep, read the stickies, read many threads, ask questions, and you will be well on your way.

Theres ya go plain and simple to point and reckon true ;)

Why make it dificult ;)

BWD

Latest posts

Back