Beginning covert outdoor grow in N.E.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moving slowly. IMG_2718.JPGIMG_2721.JPG I like to think of the Basil and Chives as a Canary in a Coal Mine.

I see that just about everyone agrees that a small amount of molasses is beneficial to most grows. Something that I thought interesting occurred to me that maple sap could be a no cost addition. I went out and tapped 3 Maple trees on my property yesterday. Guidance says Feb-March but I have no patience. The sap started to flow immediately. It got too cold and has froze up but it will start running again as the day heats up and is not below freezing. Has anyone had experience with this? I can't think of that many uses for it but in the garden. We will probably do one boil down into syrup but that is a long and tedious process because the ratio is 40:1.

Woah! This girl wouldn't be producing a lot of syrup at a 40:1 ratio. LOL Personally, I've never used any of that kinda thing in my grow. I do soil, water and light which gets the job done. Life is already a circus around here and free time is hard to come by. I wish I had time to play around some with different aspects of the grow though. I want to work on building my own soil mix and cut out having to hunt it down and ship it in. I'm pretty sure I can do that. Maybe one day...

If you look at nutrient labels most have molasses in it. Hopefully your below the Vacationland sign. It's tough growing on the coast especially during the fog season.

Can I tie into an existing 6" dryer vent for exhausting my grow room? I cannot make a new vent in the exterior it is masonry. If I can tie in do I need a damper to keep the exhausted air from traveling back up the dryer duct? And I assume that I will have to do some research on sizing for cfm based on desire and room dimensions.

Plants are moving slowly but looking healthy. I have not installed the door to the grow room in the basement yet so I have no way of controlling the temp. Hence its 60 degrees in there. But moving slow is fine with me because they are eventually going outside and I don't want them to big.IMG_2735.JPGIMG_2739.JPGIMG_2741.JPGIMG_2743.JPGIMG_2745.JPG

Yes. Yes. And Yes.

Can I tie into an existing 6" dryer vent for exhausting my grow room? If I can tie in do I need a damper to keep the exhausted air from traveling back up the dryer duct? And I assume that I will have to do some research on sizing for cfm based on desire and room dimensions.

Set up has begun, now the addiction begins welcome to weed 101

Wondering when to transplant into a larger container? They are only 11 days old but very bushy. Also considering buying a tent to control temp and humidity in my grow room or should I just build out the grow room? Do I need a tent if I have a dedicated grow room? The room is about 8'x10' with 9' tall ceiling but it is in the basement under the front stoop. Concrete on 5 surfaces with metal decking. So its only about 64degrees currently.

yes, thx that video is my plan. Size wise my plants look to be about the same size as those shown in the video but I do not know what the root structure is like. I think that I will transplant tonight or tomorrow. I don't see how it can hurt.

yes, thx that video is my plan. Size wise my plants look to be about the same size as those shown in the video but I do not know what the root structure is like. I think that I will transplant tonight or tomorrow. I don't see how it can hurt.
Did you cut and holes or slits in cups bottom are any roots coming out?
If you see roots good to go, the root ball holds the soil together and let soil dry for a few days prior to the transfer .
They look very big for 11 days old ....

Latest posts

Back