Beginning to grow outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BonghitsforJesus462

Reaction score
Hey, some friends and I have decided to start growing outdoors. We do not want to start with too many plants. Any suggestions for good soil to start with and also...any suggestions for fertilizer? Thanks

Thanks.
We will probably end up trying to grow about 10 plants. Any advice on what to do exactly when planiting outside. I have been researching all day but have not found any good instructions. How spaced should they be and how deep should the soil be?

start the plants inside for the first week or so, then transplant outside, if you can't do it this way thats fine.
I would suggest spacing them out so it looks like they've grown naturally there.
less of a chance someone will notice them if by chance walking by.

if you get 'ready to grow' soil, dig a hole 2ft down and wide and mix the old soil (25%), with the soil you have (75%) to conserve on the soil, if not, it would cost a whole lot to fill up 10 2"x2" holes.
if you have the cash, I would.
mound the dirt on the top, it will settle within the first 2 waterings, or rains.

hope some of this helped.
good luck man

Thank you very much for the help, it's deff. helped and I will post in a week or so if I see any growth.

I guess there is no way you can sex the plants before putting them outside, but if you decide to grow next season I would suggest that ... It's so painful for grower to put so much work into a plant and have it turn out to be a male ... hopefully you will get a good ratio for females ...

... you will find ... if you do it right that growing outdoors is a wonderful experience ...

... using hair and dog fur will help keep deer away ... and once the plant gets a certain size and age they will leave it be ... try to get morning sun for your plants if you can ... at least 6 hours of direct sunlight ... good luck to you.

Yeah, I hope to get a good ratio of females. And with the dog fur do you just spread the fur around the plants? The spot I have will get a lot of direct sunlight, the spot is in the woods but open enough for a lot of sunlight. I have also heard that piss keeps the deer away, is that true? Thanks

Yep ... piss will keep deer away ... and you don't have to put the fur on the plants just near them ... once the deer gets a sniff it will leave the area ... once they get so big the deer will leave them along ... they like young plants ... :hubba:

Latest posts

Back