Best Way To Transplant With Hydro ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUFF MONKEY

TOWELIE IS MADE OF HEMP
Reaction score
OK, i've just purchased a 3x3x7" E&F system to vegg my plants in.... i want to use organo plugs and hydroton. i will also have a separate room with a 4x6x6" E&F system for flowering...how should i plant so that transplanting is safe...i'm trying to picture it in my head but can't quite see it..thanks

any ideas ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I use rockwool cubes, space them apart enough roots dont tangle.
Then all you do is plant the cube, just burry in hydroton.

so i litteraly pull(gently) the roots that have spread throughout the veg table and just re-bury the roots with the hydroton in the flower table ???can i do this with just organo plugs and hydroton ??? or do i need a 6" rw block for stability...what about the roots on the bottom ???

if you are vegging 4 weeks or around there the roots shouldnt be too long to have use hydroton in the fist table. I veg in a table and use no hydroton and then transfer into buckets with hydroton. Just space the cubes out in the table so roots dont grow into other roots. The light is bad for roots but once roots are long enought to be shooting out all over there is enough shade from the fan leaves and its almost time to transfer anyway

MiracleDro said:
if you are vegging 4 weeks or around there the roots shouldnt be too long to have use hydroton in the fist table. I veg in a table and use no hydroton and then transfer into buckets with hydroton. Just space the cubes out in the table so roots dont grow into other roots. The light is bad for roots but once roots are long enought to be shooting out all over there is enough shade from the fan leaves and its almost time to transfer anyway

I do it the same way but ive used a little hydroton to burry roots.

I just gently lift it out but the pan is only 2" deep so the roots come up easy.

might be off subject,but.i start my seeds in the root riot cubes.they do better in them than any way i've tried.then after they are a few days old i put them directly into the 5.5 in net pots with hydroton.them under the lights and off to the races.and they always have roots sticking out.

You can use individual pots using just plugs and hydroton, and they dont have to be net pots, regular pots with holes in the bottom work just fine.

Latest posts

Back