beware world of seeds columbian gold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrspliffy

Reaction score
i purchased 3 feminized columbian gold seeds from world of seeds via everyonedoesit.com.evetything went fine till i switched em to 12\12.low and behold all three were male.i know my conditions were perfect as my three afgan kush all turned out to be female.when i ordered my columbian seeds i was told they were out of stock but would arrive in 10 days.i feel that everyone should know about this and avoid this strain.can i stress that i've not had this problem before with WOShowever it might be strain related.SOMEONE SOMEWERE IS TAKING THE.......BEWARE ALL

With femenized seeds you still have the chance to get males and hermies..

I dont mess with fem seeds because of this, you pay a lot more money and have increased odds of bad results...

Hope future plants will be better for you...

Thanks for the heads up Mrs spliffy ! Peace and take care !

so are you saying that feminized seeds are more liable to hermie or be male than the seed banks make out?

mrspliffy said:
so are you saying that feminized seeds are more liable to hermie or be male than the seed banks make out?

I been growing now just over 2 years..and all I have seen from people growing these beans is just That...Now i have not grown any myself nor will I...I will save my Money and grow Bagseed..IMO..you have better luck at females. Now b4 you go all postal on the seed bank..chalk it up as a learning expierance..and grow them out with a eagle eye:aok: and get some regular good genetics..Take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

From what I understand, feminized seeds are the result of a hermie pollinating "its"self. Someone once told me they give the plant some kind of hormone that makes it grow a male branch. Not 100% that they would be more likely, but it sure sounds possible.

Fem seeds are a gimmick. They give you a promise that cant be promised. From what I've learn hanging with you guys Fem's are not stable. Then too how do you even know they are "fem" seeds? I have not seen anyway to tell seeds apart. Yeah I'll stick with unaltered seeds. Do wanna try autos though.

I just read this in a different thread ...

greenthumberish said:
It really depends on how patient you are man. If you have the time to wait, i'd suggest definately cloning it, since WW is a nice plant to have (I had 20 fem seeds, amazingly all turned to be guys hahaha). I'd also suggest, if you are that impatient, to get your other seeds, yet still clone and then flower the plant you have now, let the clones take root, and veg 'em for 5 to 6 weeks, and flower those too...basically you're looking at either way 8 to 10 weeks to flower even indicas. After waiting 2 months, what's another? Anyway, white widow as far as quality is top notch, and definately worth waiting for.

:peace:

dude you bought seeds from a site devoted to the 14-17y/o 4Chan kid smokin dank nuggets and growing a plant in his parent's basement closet under a single cfl.

ALWAYS look up reviews on seeds, breeders, and the seedbank. you really think that site runs thru their seedstock often?

Fem seeds are crap yes, but you bigger problem was buying from a non reputable breeder, from a non reputable seller.

better luck next time G!

Growdude said:
in 07 I bought 10 Fem DPWW seeds, still have 8 left.

Both plants were female and my mom and clones have always been herm free.

Jeez I was starting to feel like an outcast with my alleged "hermie prone" Fem'd seeds:rolleyes: which have all been 100% female with zero hermie offspring;)
Common since tells you that they could be more likely to herm obviously because they have hermie genetics... but IMO the odds depend on the breeder.. some of these fem'd strains have been around for years..they've had time to get it right... I mean.. I don't like autos...but to each his own right.

it totally depends on what "kind" of herm is used by the breeder, or if they use chemical means, which chemical they use.

3/4 ways ive read logically should produce crap fem seeds but one method sounds liek it may dodge the issue. nto sure tho.

I recently purchased U.K.Cheese from a co-op in L.A.,feminized.All 6 popped out female(so far week 4 flower)"MediSeeds" are good fem. seeds.IMHO

Fem seeds are made from a female being sprayed with chemicals usually silver nitrate dilluted with water and put under harsh conditions to stress out the female and make it go hermie and a good seedbank actually takes that pollen and uses it on another healthy female because the one they made hermie is an abused parent and those seeds tend to have multiple problems and if your interested to know more about it just pick up the August issue of High Times they did an article about it under the Euro Grow section.

Latest posts

Back