Big bang 2nd grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I found these 2 growing in my pots.. Anyone tried this before? Is this a bad sign?

Day 076 - 01.jpg

Day 076 - 02.jpg

Haha, have no clue if it's good or bad. But i like it somehow.

I hope you are not going to eat them. Don't mess with mushrooms if you don't know the type.

Don't eat it.
They are not psychodelic unless they bruise blue.
And I don't see any blue.

Haha don't worry.. I'm use to seeing mushrooms.. I actually thing those might be edible, but I never take chances with these things.. I was more worried about the plants, if it can damage them in any way. But then I was thinking: If mushrooms can grow in the soil then the quality must be ok now. I gave them a flush today and checked the PH of the runoff. It was about 6.5 so that is perfect.

Well the plants are not growing anymore now.. I think they will just mature from now on, and the next 3 weeks

I went ahead and bought the GHE Aquafarm today. It too much effort to find all the right materials for a DWC system, and the Aquafarm has just the right dimensions for my closet. So stay tuned for my next grow

Hope the aquafarm works out well. It's a dripper system like the Flogro, right? Been thinking about bying one of those since they work like a charm with coco. But my fear of flooding my apartment kept me from getting one, dwc is the only hydrosystem i would ever have. Atleast til i get my own house...

i grew big bang... looks identical. i got about 2 oz off of my plant... wait the full 10 weeks, i waited the full 10 and i probably could have waited longer... does it smell like green apples?? :D

Not exactly green apples... But it smells kinda sweet, but I wouldn't say it is a good smell :D I might have to chop one of them a bit early since it is still dying, and the leaves are curling up.. I guess it took permanent damage of the low PH. But I'll try to let them go for as long as possible

Kebne: I don't see why a DWC system should be safer? Doesn't it contain a lot more water? I think I'm going with plain corals for my next grow, maybe another time I'll try coco, but you are right it is a dripping system.

In a dwc the water stay in the bucket. Nothing can get clogged up and lead to a flooding. That's why i don't go hydro.

Ah in that way... Well I don't hope it will not be a problem, but I will let you know.. More pictures will come soon.

Here are the pictures as promised. I just got my Aquafarm today, so I'm super excited. I had to go out and buy more clay pebbles.. It took 30 liters to fill it up :D

Day 079 - 01.JPG

Day 079 - 02.jpg

Day 079 - 03.jpg

Day 079 - 04.jpg

Day 079 - 05.jpg

Day 079 - 06.jpg

Getting kinda smelly... My parents were here to visit, and my moms first comment was: Oh dear, something smells rotten in here.. You have to throw out those plants! I'm getting use to it, so I can't smell them anymore :D I guess I smell the same way. Do any of you guys to anything to keep the smell down?

RiskyPack said:
Getting kinda smelly... My parents were here to visit, and my moms first comment was: Oh dear, something smells rotten in here.. You have to throw out those plants! I'm getting use to it, so I can't smell them anymore :D I guess I smell the same way. Do any of you guys to anything to keep the smell down?
You don't? You really should. I use a caarbon filter and a vaportec anti-smell disc. Works great! I have to since i live in an appartment.

Carbon filters and ona gel is what I use for smell. Even with all that, I like to brew up some fresh coffee for all my guests! Your plants look great man, wish I had some like that around.

I think I'll try to buy some air freshener in the super market. The budget is kind of low atm. I'm test running my Aquafarm, and I'm kind of disappointed about the drip ring. IMO it should be much bigger, and I don't think I'll be able to grow 4 plants in it. I think I'll try just with one, and let it veg a lot longer, to see how much I can get from one seed with LST

Trying the same thing next grow, one plant lst. Handwatered coco though. What strain are you going to grow? I'm doing the super silver haze from ghs.

But you really should post more pics of your girls, they look good despite the problems you had.

if you want a cheap solution for smell just use some kitty litter and rig up a fan to pull air through the kitty litter to the outside of your growspace. it works like a charm. mine is rigged up in a very sketchy manner yet it still does wonders.

Here are some pictures I took from yesterday. The first one is the BB that is doing the best. The second one is of the Nemesis. The third is of one of the small BB. I've started flushing the 2 small ones.. They will get an early harvest. The brown spots are starting to reach the buds. But the 2 big ones will go on another couple of weeks.

KK: For my next grow with LST and just one plant I'll try with the nemesis, just because I have the seeds. I saw with this grow that it had the potential to grow big, as it is already taller than the other even though it vegged for 2 weeks less.

Day 081 - 01.jpg

Day 081 - 02.jpg

Day 081 - 03.jpg

Latest posts

Back