Big or Little Reflector?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terky

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

So I will be ordering my X-mas present today. A 600w HPS Digital Greenhouse setup. I cant decide If i should get a big reflector like the "Big Kahuna" or if i should get a cooltube.

It will be in a 4'X4' tent. I was thinking that a big reflector would allow me to get closer to the plants and still spread the light to all corners. But I dont know if my Tent frame can support that beast.

A cooltube can definitely be hung in the tent but it doesn't seem like it points the light downward.

Anyways let me know your experiences with reflectors in tents.

terky,

I'm not familiar with the BIG KAHUNA, but if your tent frame will not support a remote ballasted reflector, then I would sure be questioning the durability of the tent. A possible solution if you can do it, is to run a rope or wire cable from the ceiling down through the top of your tent and use that to suspend the reflector from. A 3/16" wire cable will more than support any reflector, assuming that your method of securing it to the ceiling will support the weight, and it takes less than a 1/4" hole in your tent. If you make your height adjustments between the lower end of the cable/rope and the piece attached t the reflector so the cable/rope isn't moving around where it goes through to the tent, you could even seal around the cable/rope with either black RTV or foil duct tape to prevent any air/light leakage.

Good smoking.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

If it is a legitimate grow tent then it will handle the weight...I hve a 600w in a cooltube and it is not light...but the tent handles it with no problems...also it does not look like you get a good light spread with those cool tubes but the small reflector that comes with them does a great job spreading the light around...a non cooled 600w in a tent will cause some heat issues for sure...my 400w in the same size tent heats it up a lot...

Cool thanks. I haven't even opened up my tents yet. I am piecing everything together as funds become available. I ordered 2 tents off ebay for $100 each. I came home to find they had sent me 4 for no extra cost.

check out the SUNLEAVES sunspot 6".....i use 2 of em' with 2 1000's and i love em..

hxxp://www.wormsway.com/detail.aspx?t=prod&sku=SSSC190&AC=1 ..here ya go...it is very well built and as sturdy as they come..

i just read in another one of your posts that you had heat issues with a 1000w ...the reflector i posted IS your answer...my 2 don't even get close to warm with a 400 cfm fan...i cooled 1 of em' the same with a 180cfm squirrel cage blower..

Latest posts

Back