Birth Control pills Increased Growth ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDISGUD

yes it is
Reaction score
i found this in the forums has anybody actually tried it ? :eek:

BIRTH CONTROL PILLS
A solution of one pill to one gallon of water has been reported to cause increased growth speed in tomato plants. It is possible this will help herb plants too. One treatment administered before flowering and one administered a few weeks before harvesting might help the plant mature faster.
One grower told a story of the same type of plants, one administered the estrogen grew to 20 feet, while the other was 7 feet. This may be purely anecdotal, but it may work. Try it and report back to us on results.

so would you have too back off on the nutes you were feeding too the plant if i added the pill (wich i havnt i might say lol)

thats true but its up here in the forums in the growing guides so maybe someone has tried it :)

TURKEYNECK said:
I'd save the pill for my old lady IMO.. Birth control is for humans.

Yeah, the pill is meant for humans.Maybe it does work on pot, but really? Regardless of the prescription, it is still a hormone intended for Human Women. We don't know enough about it's effects on HUMAN WOMEN alone to say its 100% effective. Imagine the logical gap between that and "itll help you grow better weed."

I say, No dice on this one, but feel free to try it, and let the rest of us know how it turns out.

remember guys the question was "has anybody tried it"

Not to negate the original question, but it seems irrelevant towards the claims being made. I applaud the question, but cannot begin to see it in logic, anymore than I can see the question, "Does Vicodin mixed with Tequila grow better weed?"

The question is valid, but the responses need to be no more than, "Well, I added rittlen to my nutes, and that made the plants concentrate on the light more.

I would love to know if "Enzyte" actually increases that "Male Body Part," but logic tells me that guys aren't pushing their c**ks around in shopping carts, so it probably doesn't work.

fellafrompocatella said:
Hey you could just put one of those Nueva Rings (also BC if you haven't heard of it) in there and it would be like a timed released nute. ;)

:rofl:

ya... as soon as the seedling breaks ground, place one of those rings around the sprout.:D ... and maybe if you put a kack ring around the seedling... it'll prevent it from going hermie on you.... :rolleyes: :giggle:

:rofl: on putting the nuva ring around young stems TCVG. Y'all're ridiculous.

Birth Control is bad news all around. Like Fadeux said, we have no idea what the long term effects are on humans, let alone plants. The early BC from the 70's is one of the causes of the breast cancer epidemic we have now--women who took it for a decade (or less sometimes) lost their boobies and sometimes their lives. Horrid horrid horrid. That stuff is never coming near my body or my plants.

For me, i grow organically, and there ain't nothing organic about BC.

Still, a good question. I don't have anything against experiments ;) Try it and let us know :D

slowmo77 said:
i've read that condoms are for safe sex. does that mean i can put a condom on a hermie and let it keep growing?

:) probably actually, if you knotted it around the branch that was herming....

BUDISGUD said:
remember guys the question was "has anybody tried it"

I've tried it, does not help at all. Is just a myth that dates back in the '70s for me. I was led to believe it caused more females.

i know the secrets to the biggest buds and plants anyone else wanna know?

here you go.. genetics, optimal conditons. thers is nothing that you can give them to make them better than they would be geneticly. jmo

sorry Jack, theres no such thing as magic beans!

Maybe this rumor stems from the "sugar" pills that are in birth control. Seems more logical that they would have a better effect than estrogen. I wouldn't put estrogen in my plants. The last side effect I want from smoking is man breasts:(.

You know what, I'd say that this is plausible. Like bombbudpuffa said, it's estrogen. Estrogen promotes growth of organs that are characteristic of the female sex. In principle those compounds and elements would aid in the development of the female flower? Right? I'm not saying that it would work scientifically, but theoretically it sure sounds good!

Latest posts

Back