Blood pressure reduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leafminer

Bloody H E L L !
Reaction score
One of the reasons I had to harvest early this time (yeah, thanks for nothing, Nirvana :rant:) is that as time went by without MJ, my BP has soared. I had to double my morning dose and double my evening med also. Which is bad bad bad. And I still can't get it to where it should be.
I find that indicas do a great job of controlling my blood pressure.
So beware: if you're on BP medication, stopping using MJ may quickly put you into the danger area.

leafminer said:
One of the reasons I had to harvest early this time (yeah, thanks for nothing, Nirvana :rant:) is that as time went by without MJ, my BP has soared. I had to double my morning dose and double my evening med also. Which is bad bad bad. And I still can't get it to where it should be.
So beware: if you're on BP medication, stopping using MJ may quickly put you into the danger area.

Good point! Not my qualifying medical disorder, but it controls my BP as a side benefit, better than the Hyzar prescribed.

GW

Hey brother how are you on the salt intake? I'm pretty sure ya monitor it but there is alot of salt in everyday food including some mixed spices.

hope you feel better soon! my pressure is always low. I cant donate blood they asked me not to because I pass out... good you are trying to control it...do you walk? I think it helps a lot.

the chef said:
Hey brother how are you on the salt intake? I'm pretty sure ya monitor it but there is alot of salt in everyday food including some mixed spices.

Hi chef ... I really enjoy cooking, I rarely eat out and then, never fast food. I don't add any salt to my food and carefully monitor ingredients; I reckon I am at less than 2g per day. Very good point! I already had a bypass, don't need another...

Alright brother! Most con't realize that everyday food has a amount of salt we don't think about such as spices, pasta is a big one! Most pasta is made with salt! Orange juice, certain canned foods...ya know miner it's a pain in the tukus but now a time when us "old" people have to actually read all the ingredients on the box! go through your cabinets and try not to freak! I find myself cussing my family line and high blood pressure! But i find it easier to look fer the low sodium or salt free items. Good luck brother Miner!

my dr said the easiest way to lower sodium is to sweat it out..

LM, there is salt in all root vegetables and many plants! Believe it or not I had to cut out chamomile tea because of the salt! It's amazing how much we intake.
An aquarium is said to lower BP.
Thanks for the info about MJ keeping BP down.
Stay healthy!

this is good news ----- now the trick is to convince a family member that ive told all their life not to use drugs to smoke some dope , lol

leafminer said:

As a long time grower, and a more recent member of the medicinal community I've found I often am defending the "medicinal need" of MJ to folks. Even some friends of mine, who smoke regularly, claim it's really just a means to get high.

I often simply ask them one question. What happens when your out of herb?
The answer always includes some negative reaction. No sleep, don't eat as well, or simply folks become more stressed out. Who knows how many people it truly helps? - even when they may not be aware of the benefits themselves. Don't get me wrong - there are abusers - but I simply feel stories like yours reinforce the good we all do.

I hope you feel better friend - and have access to quality meds when you need them - every one should.

Peace...............Jman

I'm being more careful after last night when I couldn't even find my pulse. Scary. That was only half a small Zigzag. What happened I think was that after increasing my meds, then when I toked even that much, I got a really big reaction.
One toke at a time until I can scope this harvest out. It's a lot more potent than the last.

know what ya mean LEAF. Sadly i cannot take the manmade meds i'm supposed to( plavix , blood pressure med) MJ helps me.

leafminer said:

I've had the same problem where I've stopped smoking recently and my BP goes crazy high to the point where I start to vomit.

I've also seen my weight drop when I smoke and rise over 40lbs when I stop smoking MJ.

The point of this is that there clearly IS medical value in marijuana and it is more then anecdotal evidence. Yet, the ridiculous classification of MJ continues and as a result of this stupid classification no REAL research into the medicinal values and properties of MJ can be done. By keeping this Class A drug classification, MJ is not even allowed to be studied for possible medicinal benefits...oh does this ever annoy me. :mad:

Hi,
Blood pressure is the most common factor today. To control your blood pressure you have to take regular medicines and also do prescribe exercise by the physician. Many people take too much salt in their food, salt increase blood pressure so just put little amount of salt and if possible avoid it.
Hope this helps!

I was just diagnosed with renal cancer 3 months ago. the reason my doc found this is ive been on blood pressure meds for a few years and despite religiously taking them i was still having these crazy blood pressure spikes. He sent me in for a renal ultrasound and bigo there was a mass. a ct scan later proved it to be solid and 5.5cm. all characteristic of cancer. I am going into surgery tomorrow to have my whole kidney removed. if you look up MJ and blood pressure it says that it actually raises blood pressure. if i smoke too much i definately get an elevated blood pressure as a result. I know this by monitoring it with a bp monitor. Ive honestly never experienced it to lower it for me. I do like sativas though and maybe should try some indicas from now on. I am currently working on a sativa hybrid top skunk 44 by seedsman. I hope after this surgery my bp problems go away. at times it 200/115. can we say stroke....UGH! my worst fear!

Hope yual come back on the mend pilgrem cancer be scary scary scary I have cried many a worrysome tear workin through my wifes cancer she still be battlin. I suffer from HBP too but cares more bout wifes ailment cause she be the world of trails I walk. I hope yual fend well and re join firesides here in good time. heal well pilgrem ;)

BWD

Wow!!! what an awesome information. That a marijuana could reduced a high blood pressure. But now am using an atomos-raw-vaporizer could it be still guaranteed? Thanks

Different Strains do different things.Some weed raises your BP,,some lowers your BP. I cannot smoke Green Crack,,jacks my BP up and I dont like the feeling. So far its the only Strain that has done that to me. Normally my BP stays around 117/78

I have been wondering if marijuana has an affect on blood presure I wonder what needs to be done to control it

Latest posts

Back