Blown and have crohns in Detroit Michigan!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

AH!Charlie

Hey. I'm new here. I'm 20 years old.
I've been smoking since I was about 17 and I've had crohns disease since I was 15.
I live in the metro Detroit area in Michigan.
Recently we passed proposition 1. Which legalized medical Marijuana in the state. But I'm sure you guys knew that.
Apparently I qualify under this proposition and I'm planning to take full advantage.
It has been a critical aide to the treating of my symptoms.
But its hard to find information on the acquiring of said license, explaining why I looked into joining this form. I hope that it helps out in my venture for legal marijuana. And I look forward to meeting new people with similar interests as my own.

Any help or tips are much appreciated. I can't wait to get my card and start growing my plants! :D

welcome to the best forum for cannabis on the internet

im not sure of the process since my state sucks but there are plenty of people on here that know your answer

they'll be along shortly

Hey Charlie welcome to the forum! Congrats on the Med Marijuana, I have to say i'm pretty jealous. This should point you in the right direction. Taken from the NORML website:
Michigan

SUMMARY: Sixty-three percent of voters approved Proposal 1 on November 4, 2008. The law took effect on December 4, 2008. It removes state-level criminal penalties on the use, possession and cultivation of marijuana by patients who possess written documentation from their physicians authorizing the medical use of marijuana. Patients diagnosed with the following illnesses are afforded legal protection under this act: Cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immune deficiency syndrome, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Crohn's disease, agitation of Alzheimer's disease, nail patella, or the treatment of these conditions. Patients are also offered legal protection if they have a chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or treatment of said condition that produces 1 or more of the following: cachexia or wasting syndrome; severe and chronic pain; severe nausea; seizures, including but not limited to those characteristic of epilepsy; or severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those characteristic of multiple sclerosis. Patients (or their primary caregivers) may possess no more than 12 marijuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility or 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana. The law establishes a confidential state-run patient registry that issues identification cards to qualifying patients.

AMMENDMENTS: No

Contact Information:
Michigan Coalition for Compassionate Care
http://stoparrestingpatients.org/

Thanks man! That's actually the site I went to and discovered this amazing news!

I've been looking it over, I'm just having trouble finding out where I go to apply for my card or whatever I have to do to get it.

From what I understand I need to get two notes from physicians.
But another thing I read said I have to find a physician that will prescribe it.
And that there are clinics that will do that for you.
I've really been ran around in circles with this. haha

wellcome to the wonderfull world of growing bro. it is a wonderfull place to lurne. there are lots of growers medies an just us that enjoy the wonder herb to smoke.

Welcome aboard, matee! :D ... to the good ship lollypot :cool:

lotsa peops here ta help ya get on yer way to self-medication.... :aok:

Michigan hasn't hammered out the details yet. I believe they have until April 4th to get everything in line.

yo bro,i too am in Mi. and my dr. tole me to come back in feb. and he would know more on what he needs to do for me to get my card.as THG said and my dr. said it will be apr.4,thats the 120 day deadline for the state to have it worked out and begin issuing cards.welcome aboard mate

Welcome AH!Charlie, to Mp forum. From what ILA posted, it seems that you'll qualify for a card. I'm sorry to hear about the Chron's disease.

Its no big deal considering the benefit. :p

The funny thing is....APRIL 4TH IS MY BIRTHDAY! HAHAHA

I really cant wait!

cool,maybe this was meant to be hehe?happy birthday in case i forget.

Thanks maaan. Considering the momentous occasion that its sure to be, I plan on forgetting its my birthday as well! haha

HAHA thats great man! That should be one of the better bdays that you'll have ;) Good luck getting everything squared away and please, take full advantage, some of us still live in the simple minded states...

Dude, it will be the best!
I'm going up to Ann Arbor, because it just so happens
HASH BASH is on my birthday as well!
I've never loved the date I was born so much in my life! haha
I need to make a shirt with a catchy phrase
relating to the fact that its my 21st bday and I'm getting stoned lol

ha ha thats great im also from michigan and cant wait for this years bash i know its going to be good

I've always JUST missed it, or I didnt smoke.
I can't wait! My buddy lives in Ann Arbor! I'm pumped.

Welcome
A very good friend of mine has crones but our state does not have MM laws, and prob. never will at the rate we are going.
I would also qualify in other states with my epilepsy, but......

Latest posts

Back