Blue Spectrums/Red Spectrums?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Ya'll,:D
I'm delighted to see this discussion gave me all kinds of different points of view and info.:yay: I'm leaning towards the response to grow under nothing but my hps because it does have a 30% blue spectrum for "maximum plant growth" as well as the red spectrum, but I'm still going to give the experiment a try.:cool:

Thats what its all about man, test, learn, improve.

Hey Ya'll,
Here's some new pics. :D Notice how the plant was a little droopy before the hps.:( Look at it three-five days after the hps and alot of stress.:) The transplanting, diff soil, (richer in N less in P, & K.) and new kind of lighting?:confused: I think that it was a major accomplishment. But anyways those are the three seedlings under the Fluoro's in that other pic.Feedback Please!:cool:

may22 pic 1.JPG

may22 pic 4.JPG

may22 pic 5.JPG

may22 pic 6.JPG

may22 pic 7.JPG

Hey ya'll,:D
Just tested my water with my ph kit and it was low.:( So I decided to go ahead and add my nutes. Perfect mix.:farm: And I found out they're organic nutes! I was thrilled! It came with a third bottle you add more of for the flowering stage. I'm Psyched!:headbang2: Hope I see major improvement. :cool:

I personally used my HPS from start to finish, but the plant does prefer more of a blue spectrum during the veg. The only problem with using a HPS is it may take longer to grow during the veg. But you can use both...no problem.

Can anybody tell me how to post my pics easier.:mad: Is there access to a place like that on the forum somewhere?:confused: Please help!!:)

Richy-B said:
Can anybody tell me how to post my pics easier.:mad: Is there access to a place like that on the forum somewhere?:confused: Please help!!:)

when you make a post there is a button at the bottom that says manage attachments click it and it'll open up a new window where you can upload the photos to this site. Then close that window once they are uploaded and submit your reply.

i heard that there are new LED lights that only shine blue and red and u use them instead of 1000watt hps lights and the plant responds great

I've tried that numerous times. It always says failed. Even with one pic. I'm getting really tired of resizing my pics before I can put them on this site. To much damn trouble. There has to be an easier way to do this instead of closing the forum, going to my photo impression 5 resizing every single pic one at a time!:mad:

Richy-B said:
I've tried that numerous times. It always says failed. Even with one pic. I'm getting really tired of resizing my pics before I can put them on this site. To much damn trouble. There has to be an easier way to do this instead of closing the forum, going to my photo impression 5 resizing every single pic one at a time!:mad:

Almost all digital cameras have a way to set the resolution and format of the pic. Mine will take a 1 Gig pic as a BMP, but I've got it set to take pics about 15K as JPEGS.

Look in your instruction book and set your resolution smaller and to take the pics as JPEGS.

Good luck man.

Richy-B said:
Dont forget about your plants dude

Hey Everybody, :cool:
I finally got some time to post these pics. They are a little old though, the date on the picture is the real date not the date it's saved as. The plant currently has 11 different tops just pruned in the last three days. I added a humidifier to the setup and my humidity is pretty much perfect according to the gauge. 53% humidity. Temp is even dropped. It's at 76 degrees. Pretty good:D to me! The pics I'll be sending soon are even better as you can imagine. With those changes and previous ones! Ther's a pic with those three seedling's under Fluorescent only right now. PH Kit is also reading perfect after using the organic nutes! I'm so psyched!! Feedback wanted. :)

MAY 25 PLANT PICS 001.jpg

MAY 25 PLANT PICS 002.jpg

MAY 25 PLANT PICS 003.jpg

MAY 25 PLANT PICS 004.jpg

MAY 25 PLANT PICS 005.jpg

MAY 25 PLANT PICS 006.jpg

Richy-B said:
Hey Everybody, :cool:
I finally got some time to post these pics. They are a little old though, the date on the picture is the real date not the date it's saved as. The plant currently has 11 different tops just pruned in the last three days. I added a humidifier to the setup and my humidity is pretty much perfect according to the gauge. 53% humidity. Temp is even dropped. It's at 76 degrees. Pretty good:D to me! The pics I'll be sending soon are even better as you can imagine. With those changes and previous ones! Ther's a pic with those three seedling's under Fluorescent only right now. PH Kit is also reading perfect after using the organic nutes! I'm so psyched!! Feedback wanted. :)
hey my friend the cfl can go closer about 2-3 inches apart thats the good thing about it and the cost of energy comparing to hps

Hey Ya'll,
It's richy-b. Just wanted to let you guys know I've got some yellow/brown leaves. I think the problem is to much Nitrogen. From soil and liquid nutes! OOPS! I guess the PH could have been up a little bit, not much though. This water container will have less or no liquid nutes with extra N. (Nitrogen) Other than that, it has this new amazing growth from the very bottom of the plant right above the soil. On both sides! Which I pruned! Got amazing results from that too! I have more of a fuller plant than my uncles, which is outside. His are tall but mine have more nodes than his at a smaller size as well. Very bushy for how short it is! Sound Great Right!??!:fly: :cool: :fly: :cool: :fly: :cool: :fly:

Latest posts

Back