broken ranch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yaoming

Reaction score
have a plant that a branch broke half way off what can i do to save this branch its 4' so i would like to keep it
please help asap
ty

Well if it broke all the way through you might as well break it the rest of the way off. Now if it's just a small break you can use a piece of tape and try to mend it back together. ;)
yaoming said:
have a plant that a branch broke half way off what can i do to save this branch its 4' so i would like to keep it
please help asap
ty

If it is a severe break, you can root it like it were a big clone. Something of that size, I would most definitely use a bubble cloner of some sort though.

if the break is not too severe, meaning over 3/4 of the way threw you may have a chance of splinting her back together, take a piece of clothes hanger about 4-6 inches . brace the branch up , take the splint and place it on the brach , take some twine like hemp twine or that brown twine and wrap it all the way down the length of your splint lika an ace bandage ,
wet the twine and in a couple of days you will know if it was sucessful keep the branch braced and straight, 50/50 chance of survival if it stays alive in 2 weeks remove the splint but keep it braced for another week or so sorry so long but this does work 50/50

also to help by tieng to the stalk while have the crutch

i had the same thing happened to me, it was a little over 3/4 ripped off, i enede putting a wire tie and within 2 weeks the plant healed itself and the break, took the tie off and no problems..

Latest posts

Back