Bromance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well said, brother.

Irish said:
rinsed once, flushed twice...:eek:

no idea whats going on around here. I can just imagine. seen the flip of seasons come n go many times, but I never seen it ever get better past 09, only went downhill. many of us old timers shied away because of the drama. was a time I enjoyed teaching my skill here. learning advanced. I think we could get this site moving forward again with some changes. I can openly swap genetics at most sites I inhabit, but mp is still stuck on no trades. why is that hick? i'm in a med legal state. i'm an adult. i can swap seeds, or gift them elsewhere, then bring them here for a show, but i best not say where i got them? that's hoo ha. we need more forward thinking mods that will get their head out their behinds, and act like they belong here and got some pride in a great grow show. not just sit back and dictate the pot calling the kettle black.(i'm guilty) we lost many good men and women growers that were teachers of an art because of drama. let it be known, drama don't grow here, just mj learning and teaching, and if your not down with that, sayanora, don't let the door split ya. theres other places you can check into. if the community wants change, there will be change. you growers on top of your game need to contribute to MarP. weather you came here at the top of your game, or you learned what it is you now know by others here. you have got to give back to your community. its what makes a community great. if you don't want to teach the newbs coming in to learn, go kick rocks elsewhere. you want to be an equal? talk like one, act like one. don't degrade any member. bring them up to your level. mentor them.

that goes for you too hick!! you used to get involved mentoring and teaching our art. what happened? where did we get so far off track from learning and teaching brother?

maybe we can have some open discussions on changes to move MarP ahead again? i'm down. i'm sure tired of standing on the sidelines shaking my head, and wondering whos the next og to fall victim to the drama been getting slung all over here for years. theres whole crews standing on the sidelines in disgust at whats happening in our house, and were defenseless to step in and stop it. we want to come back in but theres got to be changes first. if we don't talk change today, there won't be nothing left to talk about soon.

this is my house!! i built this house!! i had a lot of help building this house!! this is your house too!! we built this house together!! we called one another brothers, and sisters. we built a community on pride, and it showed on every single page!! most could not wait to return here to lift another up, with a kind word, to help with their grow, to share ideas, or just to say thank you. we were only as good of a grower as our members that joined today, and never held a seed.

were all children of the plant. it brought us here in hopes that someone would be able to teach us to grow it proper. how many have we left to their own means? how many are still searching? what can you offer?

i hope this motivates my people to move their feet. most of you know my passion for growing, teaching, and talking the good fight. i'm just a simple man when i stand alone humbled. but when i got my brothers and sisters standing with me, lookout...

can we talk change, or am i spinning my wheels? untie my hands brother. wake up the giant. tell him banjobuzz is banging on the front door ready to lead us into the conversation of change. i know the way. i already been there once...;) :cool: we can't afford not having the talk...i'm sure you hick know what it's all about too...we gotta summon the boss first...;)

you know i speak from my heart, and i speak the truth. if we unlock the past, we will see change. if its a cash flow issue, i'm ready to give back. he said it wouldn't work before, but i'm watching it work all over, and by not unlocking the past just shows us were doomed by drama...we've gone so far backwards here, whats scaring him? cmon MarP, lets talk...(open the keys) i want to chat...this exercise or whatever you call it ain't working out...my hands are tied...i want my house back brother...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Irish again.

I will stand yur side anyday pilgrim big logs going on to fire in calibration, the masses I knew were watching from the bush line are coming in to make warm again!!! Off to cut more stumps think we might need some ;)

;) BWD

Melvan said:
Orange and Brown all the way to SuperBowl Town!

Please tell me what strain you've been smoking, I gotta try it.

Irish said:
rinsed once, flushed twice...:eek:

no idea whats going on around here. I can just imagine. seen the flip of seasons come n go many times, but I never seen it ever get better past 09, only went downhill. many of us old timers shied away because of the drama. was a time I enjoyed teaching my skill here. learning advanced. I think we could get this site moving forward again with some changes. I can openly swap genetics at most sites I inhabit, but mp is still stuck on no trades. why is that hick? i'm in a med legal state. i'm an adult. i can swap seeds, or gift them elsewhere, then bring them here for a show, but i best not say where i got them? that's hoo ha. we need more forward thinking mods that will get their head out their behinds, and act like they belong here and got some pride in a great grow show. not just sit back and dictate the pot calling the kettle black.(i'm guilty) we lost many good men and women growers that were teachers of an art because of drama. let it be known, drama don't grow here, just mj learning and teaching, and if your not down with that, sayanora, don't let the door split ya. theres other places you can check into. if the community wants change, there will be change. you growers on top of your game need to contribute to MarP. weather you came here at the top of your game, or you learned what it is you now know by others here. you have got to give back to your community. its what makes a community great. if you don't want to teach the newbs coming in to learn, go kick rocks elsewhere. you want to be an equal? talk like one, act like one. don't degrade any member. bring them up to your level. mentor them.

that goes for you too hick!! you used to get involved mentoring and teaching our art. what happened? where did we get so far off track from learning and teaching brother?

maybe we can have some open discussions on changes to move MarP ahead again? i'm down. i'm sure tired of standing on the sidelines shaking my head, and wondering whos the next og to fall victim to the drama been getting slung all over here for years. theres whole crews standing on the sidelines in disgust at whats happening in our house, and were defenseless to step in and stop it. we want to come back in but theres got to be changes first. if we don't talk change today, there won't be nothing left to talk about soon.

this is my house!! i built this house!! i had a lot of help building this house!! this is your house too!! we built this house together!! we called one another brothers, and sisters. we built a community on pride, and it showed on every single page!! most could not wait to return here to lift another up, with a kind word, to help with their grow, to share ideas, or just to say thank you. we were only as good of a grower as our members that joined today, and never held a seed.

were all children of the plant. it brought us here in hopes that someone would be able to teach us to grow it proper. how many have we left to their own means? how many are still searching? what can you offer?

i hope this motivates my people to move their feet. most of you know my passion for growing, teaching, and talking the good fight. i'm just a simple man when i stand alone humbled. but when i got my brothers and sisters standing with me, lookout...

can we talk change, or am i spinning my wheels? untie my hands brother. wake up the giant. tell him banjobuzz is banging on the front door ready to lead us into the conversation of change. i know the way. i already been there once...;) :cool: we can't afford not having the talk...i'm sure you hick know what it's all about too...we gotta summon the boss first...;)

you know i speak from my heart, and i speak the truth. if we unlock the past, we will see change. if its a cash flow issue, i'm ready to give back. he said it wouldn't work before, but i'm watching it work all over, and by not unlocking the past just shows us were doomed by drama...we've gone so far backwards here, whats scaring him? cmon MarP, lets talk...(open the keys) i want to chat...this exercise or whatever you call it ain't working out...my hands are tied...i want my house back brother...

In a lot of ways it's all our on fault. You and I both know we have gotten tired on typing the same answer to the same question after a couple 100 times so we let the newer member answer those question and just post when we see a question that is a little different.

It's my understanding that Marijuana Passion was started as a site for information to help other grow and be self-sufficient. Not be like the other sites that were popping up at the time. some of these sites are still around others we all know or we're caught up in the drama of how far down hill those site went.

Since the site is sponsored by a seed dealer I can understand the no trading of seeds. IT's like if I'm at your house and pull out a cig to smoke, you say "we don't smoke in the house". I have enough respect for you not to fire up any way.

Yes we all need to step up to the plate and make MP the place it once was but at the same time we need to change some with the times.

Yes we need to help the next generation of grower achieve great new and better strains of marijuana.

see now, theres growdude. OG from the old school. (props brother) learned much from that man myself, (white widow lives on) and here to prop up MarP still today! were not going away. we need our tools back G so we can get down to work. put the wheels back on the car, and lets roll!! I know how to make this the best site out there again, and I know you do too!! whats stopping you?

I guess if you were up in here more, you could see where i'm coming from. people used to call this the 'best site on growing mj out there'...now their just laughing about what a joke its become. if you can work with us MarP, we can restore her good name. what do YOU want?

I am passionate about growing, learning, and sharing. I can only teach if I have all my tools. you have got to unlock the door to let us back inside so we can resume our work. if the key holder don't have compassion, our house will be foreclosed upon by the bank called drama1...

you unlock the door, and we will bring the music back. the line of og's is getting shorter everyday out here. were getting older, and losing ground. you locked us out three years ago. were still hovering like good worker bees. we haven't left you. were here. we want our house back!! let us in!! (it's dave man).:)

where do you all think the seeds come from that are grown here today? to think they all come from gypsy, lol, well is laughable. were out here in 20+ med legal states, and we are fighting the good fight daily to make all the states legal. that's over 130 million legal adults, or there abouts.

oz, my brother, we ride together hard. you are another staple here. you built this place too. how many have gained knowledge from your wisdom, is just to vast a number to ever count! everyone started somewhere. you are an og because you are still here, and you want the same things as I do. teaching new growers takes special teachers as us. we know the plant inside and out. when a newb comes here asking for help, you don't belittle them, call them names, talk down to them just because they asked the same thing someone else already asked 100 times. you oversee the answer that someone else is giving out to make sure it is correct info, and if it is not, then that's when we mentor. we are guardians of the plant brother. we are teachers first, growers second. we are many.

we smoke hard in my house. we chong it up. (licker in the front, poker in the rear):p hehehe...to think all the seeds grown here come from gypsy nirvana, is just not true. that's a fairytale. I personally know at least 30 breeders off top of my head that their genetics are grown here. prolly more. I've grown nirvana myself, and I found some very good smoke there. but I don't limit myself to one breeder. no one does. we are always searching for something better, so we shop.

if MarP would come on over for a sit n smoke, I would very much like that. we've had these conversations before, I know, but I think it's time to voice my opinion again in a clear manner.

I understand the no trades deal completely. i'm not suggesting open trades. I am suggesting that MarP give us back some key features, the tools in which enabled me to lift up my community! that is all. we can set this site back on the map, if we have our tools. I teach by example. i'm among the best at what I do. I love to teach. I love to grow. I know how to bring back the harmony here. so the question is, does he want to burn it down, or build it back again?

:confused2: never thought gypsy nirvana had anything to do with us? He has nothing to do with Nirvana. It's just gypsy going down is going to effect the big seed biz overseas and how they are going to be able to do biz with us in the US. Y'all can bet he is giving up trade secrets that will effect the seed world on all levels.

:confused2: What tools? other that the "thanks" or "I agree" buttons I can't think of what tools your talking about.

IMO the trading seeds/clones if done should be done in private. The thing is that., in to days world no one will keep things private. No one is stupid they know we trade it just like the military "don't ask. don't tell". the key is find and deciding the people that you yourself feel that you can trust. This is a trust no one should take lightly.

Good to see good members again contributing to the MP family.

the chat was a key feature to garnering info in real time oz. if I could give someone an answer to a question right now, I could save a grow immediately, instead of 24 hours later...i'm a stoner stands to be corrected sometimes too, and I don't take criticism as an attack ever. I get over it and move on. gypsy nirvana/nirvana? I don't follow oz?

oz, are you in for change? drama is rampant here. I can see it everywhere. do you think I am here to fuel it on? I am not. maybe we will never get back on track, and I been toking to much product. i'll go toke on it and wait to see if I get a response from MarP...

just by the thanks, and messages from the heart tell me i'm on the right track...i'm not the only one feeling the need for something, any change...i'm gonna grow killer dank regardless. just tired of the drama, bashing, bull haha...

one love...

Irish said:
the chat was a key feature to garnering info in real time oz. if I could give someone an answer to a question right now, I could save a grow immediately, instead of 24 hours later...i'm a stoner stands to be corrected sometimes too, and I don't take criticism as an attack ever. I get over it and move on. gypsy nirvana/nirvana? I don't follow oz?

oz, are you in for change? drama is rampant here. I can see it everywhere. do you think I am here to fuel it on? I am not. maybe we will never get back on track, and I been toking to much product. i'll go toke on it and wait to see if I get a response from MarP...

just by the thanks, and messages from the heart tell me i'm on the right track...i'm not the only one feeling the need for something, any change...i'm gonna grow killer dank regardless. just tired of the drama, bashing, bull haha...

one love...

Sharing the passion brother

:48:

The chat is a key that I would really like to see back(but it was before I was here too) I use and am on a chat room else where just about any time I'm on line too.

Drama is something that we will always have to put up you just have to know were to keep it in private and not out where everyone is putting their 2 cents in. The human race thrives on drama

What we as member who are here for the long haul is where we are going to say the line is drawn.

Irish yual speak true and in right direction of thought pilgrim. I hope yual get yur audience yu seek and the answers we all deserve. I would also say some fresh paint and some open windows for fresh air be needed. Some new blood in management might get fires stoked warm and toasty too ;)

Irish for Mod

BWD

I don't know Ozzy, we have enough drama in real life, the passion to grow cannabis should not involve drama, unless it is plant drama. This plant is anti drama..

I have never understood what happened in 2009 like Irish, you said. I came in 2010 and because of this wonderful place I have made good friends as a bonus to the fabulous plants I grow. You guys, from my perspective as not really an old timer, is that if you want to grow, this still is the place to be.

I just watched 420 NewbieRoyce come in here and ace a first grow...Holy crap, my first grow looked like crap. This place was welcoming to him and he took off with all the knowledge he received and ran with it... It was awesome to watch. He listened and didn't try to reinvent the wheel...made me happy.

So, thanks Irish and ozzy, and WH, and all the ones that come back to this great site and try to make it greater.

I could go without the drama myself..

Constructive criticism is a great thing. Too bad some folks get all butt-hurt over it.

I remember the old chat room, it was so much fun!! Sometimes it was downright crazy, we were all stoned and enjoying each other. Good times!!

Remember the stony bud seeds that were given away in the contests? I wonder if any of those still remain...??? That was a cool perk from way back when. 2006-2007ish if I remember right.

It was different back then and a whole lot less drama. Why is that? To say its because the site was smaller isn't true. There's still about the same ammt of regular users. The mod team had a lot of fun with each other as well as the members and participated a lot more instead of having 1 or 2 that carried the load. I think there was 6 of us back then. I miss tbg like crazy. Last time he checked in, he got his wrist slapped for starting a thread congratulating the Yankees for winning the World Series. He took off for good after that. :(. I miss mutt, he was one cool dude....as were the rest of em, even hick. ;)

Yea, the no talking sports thing I'd like to see disappear. We don't even know if it would lead to fights or not. Haven't had the chance to see, or if there was, I don't remember it.

I'll add to this later if I remember anything..:)

friendly banter is healthy in my world of friends---mob mentality will quickly turn to bashing once one person gets their panties in a twist---mods step in---fighters go back to their corners---should be no big deal---would be nice to be able to talk a bit of sports or smack so long as the main objective of helping growers grow is never neglected

if there is ever any contest sponsored by marp---i would be willing to figure out how to donate beans to the winner---sure others would do the same

nice to see the positive flow of moving this place forward for the better and evolve into a cutting edge forum for the best interests of all---can't be afraid of change people---peace :D

I remember the chat box and when it went away...was the start of a few threads that are active today...The "bong hitters club" to name one..and my Favorite is "The female grower group"...Also miss poking Hick with stick:giggle:..Yall remeber Hick riding his sheep?:rofl:....I think theres Drama everywhere ya go....and WE need not feed into them///...Ill go smoke me bong now

:bong:

I can see a lot of issues talking politics and religion though. Those are 2 very hot buttons for many. We've had trouble with those here before since some folks are extremely passionate about their beliefs.

I think the chat box was diff then the actual chat room? Gosh, it was so damn long ago.

I remember one where it was on the front page and the messages stayed there for all to see, and you had to keep refreshing the page? Hated that one. Oh wait, it was shout box that I'm remembering. Hated it, lol.

Latest posts

Back