brown sporadic patches?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shuggy4105

The grass is greener...
Reaction score
hi all:ciao:, my problem is that recently, i have noticed brown patches on one of my ladies, just the one gal. I have no clue what is causing it, my other girls are doing great.
there is no other issues with this plant except the patches, it must be a def of some sort i think....but why only this gal:confused: :confused2: .
they`ve appeared only on the main fan/sun leaves, and not much to notice untill you start inspecting. But, there "is" a problem:eek:.
any ideas from some knoledgeable dudes in this place:welcome:.
all opinions will help.
cheers,
Shuggy:fly: :stoned: :fly:

crap camera dude, any off-the-cuff diagnosis?:cool2: :eek: :cool2:

i feel you man!! i hate taking pics with my camera phone..:(

you might be leaving out some information regarding your plants so it can be diagnosed since you cant get pics.. just my opinion

this gal has had numerous problems,but she`s my first "confirmed" female.
stress on her has been high, but not now.she looks healthy otherwise, but these brown spots are doing my head in, not knowing what the problem is?????

Give us a bit of info on your grow, hydro or dirt, PH ect

Ive seen brown spots be caused by ph problems.

Growdude said:
Give us a bit of info on your grow, hydro or dirt, PH ect

Ive seen brown spots be caused by ph problems.
ph is sound at 6.4, all the other ladies are doing fine. it`s a soil grow, using a 400w HPS with good ventilation. i have around 10 girls growing now, and another few in the germ process, they`re nearly 5 weeks old.
this is my biggest and bushiest female, and she`s been stressed a alot as i "under-watered" her, but that was sorted in a week.
that help any?:confused: :bump:

here is some pics i`ve taken, not very good quality, but i hope it`ll help in the diagnosing this problem.
what d`you think??:bong: :confused: :eek: :bong:
looks like rust.

praktrica 005.jpg

praktrica 006.jpg

praktrica 007.jpg

praktrica 010.jpg

Well I am curious about this as well since my best one is doing the same thing as well. Here is a pic of mine. Tell me if it is the same thing yours looks like.

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

yeah man, it looks like the same condition, but mines is rather worse(as you can see by the pics)
have you been misting your gals with the lights on?
:ccc: :eek: :ccc: , and what sort of lighting do you use?

I have not been misting them at all which I should probably start doing. I think I am going to try sexing them soon to see what they are but the light is a 600w MH. Take a look at the link I added in my sig for my journal as I plan on keeping it up to date as much as possible. Hope we can get this figured out. I purchased a rather cheap soil tester and I think my soil ph is a little high but that may also be because of the soil I used. They are just over a month old now.

cool man, my girls are 32 days old, and don`t mist your plants with the lights on. i only misted my gals with epsom salts, disolved in water, for the extra mg. some say don`t mist at all, it`s up to you really.
i`ve I.D 3 females so far, one suspected male. sex will show between 4-6 weeks, don`t worry about pollen being released, as you`ll have fished them out yourself way before that happens.
this rusting is doing my head in man, can`t think what it could be but it is spreading, but only on the one gal, and a tiny one on another.
let me know how it goes for you dude, and i`ll let you know if i find a solution.
take it easy man,
Shuggy:confused2: :fly: :ciao: :stoned: :48:

any body know, or have any suggestions on what this could be?

this "Browning" or "Rust" patches are now on 3 other plants.
think it could be a zinc def and manganese as some leaves are twisted a little.
here`s a couple of pics taken this morning, does anyone know what this is? second pic are of the culprits with the condition.:confused: :eek: :confused:

praktrica 027.jpg

praktrica 024.jpg

I keep reading posts like this because I am having similar problems... but I havn't come across any answers yet. This is depressing. where are all the pro's at ????

i`ve been having the same problems man, as you can see from my thread.
despite having these "patches" it doesn`t seem to be affecting the overall grow. i`m now in flower and the ladies are lookin good man,i`m only 4 days into flower though, but things are lookin "normal" for lack of a better word:cool: :) :cool:

i had this problem and fixed it . my rust colored spots and yellowing leaves is gone so far . mine were in smaller pots when it was going on . I think the Ph was locked up and i did several flushes on them and finally transplanted to bigger pots . when i transplanted i trimmed off the affected leaves . any leaf that was abnormal before , even if you fix the problem , will remain to be that way . I dont think the leaf that was patchy will get better but the plant sure will . i have also stopped using nutes and i use superthrive every other feed . secondary growth has increased and all new growth looks good . when i had the spots , growth had slowed ALOT . not sure this will help you guys , but this was my situation . i have also started foliar feeding with plain water and superthrive .

PEACE

thanx for the reply man, i`ve heard great things about "superthrive". thinking about getting some for my next grow. the brown patches i had, have remained. however they have gotten no worse since i got my ph sorted, there seems to be no adverse affect due to stres or whatever.i`m in day4 flower, i veged for 8weeks. like you say, probably down to the ph.

hey shuggy hope i find you and your babies in good form.you know from my threads i was havin the same prob so i stopped the nutes and jus watered instead,seems to definatly helped,the new growth has no burn,hope this is of sum help,,,peace out man.

thanx for the reply man, yeah i`ve been doing the same, just water for the last 2 weeks, and it has improved big-time.
i have them in flower now, for about the last week, they`re starting to look good and are huge in height with tight nodes:) .are you gonna start nutes again, and what?
cheers:bong2: :stoned: :bong2:

Latest posts

Back