brown sporadic patches?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the thing is i said i had 3 plants,that was because my 4th one was the runt and died.i didnt know what to do with it so i just left it on a table at my bedroom window,believe it or not she(i hope) started growing new leaves and just took off growing really bushy and now makes my other 3 plants look bad(lol).so now ive moved all 4 plants to my window instead of under the flouros and they are doin really good(more lumens i suppose from the sun).i was wondering if i could actually flower them by putting them in a dark proof utility press overnight,and then put them back at my window during the day(12/12).would the constant moving affect them,i just hope i can because the amount of light from the sun should make sum tight buds.:dancing:

heres a few pics of the runt that died,im not joking every leaf was dead and curled and the stem fell over only resting on the side of the pot.

weed ff 004.jpg

weed ff 005.jpg

shuggy4105 said:
yeah man, it looks like the same condition, but mines is rather worse(as you can see by the pics)
have you been misting your gals with the lights on?
:ccc: :eek: :ccc: , and what sort of lighting do you use?

I have the same exact problem. I have been trimming the rust parts off. i bought a ph meter yesterday well 2. both of them are giving me diferent readings at diferent times. I tested my ph last night with 1 of them and it said 5.9. So brought some lime. today before I used the lime i tested with my other ph meter and it said 7.9 so I go back to the 1st one i used and it said 7.8. Just to experiment i mixed the lime with water and tested with both ph meters and it brougt both meters down to the 5 range. I thought lime was supose to bring ph up to alkiline area.
does anyone have a comment about this.

got no clue about lime but do you leave your water out for a day or more so it gets to room temperature then use the ph tester(meter) on that water ....

as for spraying leafs i used to not do it but now i have flo's it doesnt effect them in a bad way anymore.

nutes in my opinion need to be decreased as the plant gets stronger , so start heavily couple weeks after potted then say a quater of a inch less than the next time (2-3weeks) , this method has made 2 of my smaller plants healthy with massive leaves , i rate these 2 over my main :)

leafs that are burnt up (brown/yellowish) ive snipped em off that way you get newer growth show better once they get to a reasonable size

sure u dont got root rot could be kidda doubt it kidda looks like a n ute problem not to sure i know when i had root rot it shows uip with brown specs the leaves are drained quick turn yellow thats why i trim them every
3 -4 days

the lime "will" raise the ph of your water/soil, and is also a soil conditioner.

my problem has returned! after i transplanted into MG soil 2 weeks b4 flower, and now i have rust patches everywhere, and the leaves become crispy/dry.
i`ve flushed but as it`s MG i think that may have added to the problem.
i`m in week3 flower and my gals are around 5ft. any suggestions??

shuggy4105 said:
my problem has returned! after i transplanted into MG soil 2 weeks b4 flower, and now i have rust patches everywhere, and the leaves become crispy/dry.
i`ve flushed but as it`s MG i think that may have added to the problem.
i`m in week3 flower and my gals are around 5ft. any suggestions??
Sup shuggy my brother from another mother. ;) The first thing that comes to mind is nute burn. How much have you been feeding them and how often?

i`ve given no nutes as i transplanted into "MG moisture control compost", i`ve only been giving water. i`ve flushed allready but it still persists. as this is MG soil will flushing do any good? it says on the bag(which i failed to notice at purchase)feeds for up to 6 months! i have them in 3 gallon pots now when i transplanted before flower. i also think for sure it`s nute burn. how can i rectify this disaster waiting to happen??:(
continual flushing,don`t know if that would do any good, and i don`t really want to transplant to even bigger pots, due to space restrictions:confused: .
any ideas TBG? i`m getting no remedies in the sick section....:eek:

I see that you said this is only going on with one plant right? Are you growing more than one strain or all the same?

it was initially only on one plant at the beggining, however now it`s spread to the majority, mainly after i transplanted to the MG soil. i`m growing widow skunk and cosmic nights, i`m in week 3 flower. these "rust patches" seem to spread from the centre of the leaf and spreads out. the leaves become crispy, and some of the lower leaves have turned a lime colour/light green, although the tips are still green and overall the gals look good. you have to take a good look to notice the discolouration, as when she turns crispy/dry, there is no difference in colour. the leaves look green and healthy, but to the touch you`d notice the problem:( :eek:

OK how bad is the problem? Is it like all over the place or just a few leaves? What is the flower time on the ladies?

it`s not a major problem "yet", only on a few leaves of all gals. this is what makes me think it`s burn and not a def of some sort, as this began when i transplanted to the MG soil. flowering time is around 56-70 days. i`m 3 weeks in, well 19 days to be exact.

Well shuggy you have two choices here. The first one is transplant into new soil. The second is ride it out. If it's only going on with a few leaves i say ride it out. We have problems with the soil every now and then but we always let the ladies go. Pluck the infected leaves off the ladies and see what happens over the next few days. ;)

Latest posts

Back