Buds look like they're dying....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebel

rebel
Reaction score
Went to mine this morning, chopped 2. cloudy tri's.

Got one that has her buds appear to be dying. I thought at 1st look it has seeds, but no seeds. Buds about half filled out. any idea ??

never had a camera this morning. have to be next trip out to get some pics.

could it be a Hermie ?

Are you flushing it? Or just feeding with plain water? Did it rain hard recently? Does it have nutrients or is it yellowing off?

Its getting late in the season....maybe she has done "her thing" and shes on the way out?

Pics would help.

Any amber trics??

Maybe it's mold, that would make buds look brown and dead but still be moist.

outdoor.. if the buds aren't rotting, check lower down for any branch rot maybe?

Had a few similar. Caterpillar chewed enough of the stem farther down, killed it off and buds just dried out and died.

Melvan said:
Maybe it's mold, that would make buds look brown and dead but still be moist.

:yeahthat:

I learned today of a moth that lays eggs in the cola and the larva eat their way down the cola. So the insides are gone. I guess it is very common in Ca. and now here in Wa. I didn't get it. Lucky I guess.

Does the "dying" bud have a brownish black look? if so you have the starting of bud rot. In most cases the bud rot starts in the inner parts of the buds and works it's way out

Dude i managed to pull off 5 females this year in between all the legal troubles and all,and one of the plants seemed like instead of gradually turning yellow,within a week all the leaves turned brown and the bud began to develop a dark color.I was there to pick a couple of the other phenos that were ready and i harvested it and have been smoking it and the smoke is good.When i think back to the last time i saw that plant before it was developing a little pm on the lower leaves.I just wonder if powdery mildew could have been the cause or not.

This year was the year i learned first hand about bud rot in the drying room.After hanging all the very dense colas from those plants in an outdoor shed i went out to check on them a couple of days later and much to my horror the very tops of a few sets of colas were covered in a blue fur and i had to throw them out out.I felt like somebody just ran over my dawg or somethin,it sucked.

Latest posts

Back