Bugs in my roots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranek Icewalker

Reaction score
I got some clones from local Dispenser last saturday, i noticed that of the 6 i got only 3 are doing well, throwing big roots, so i pulled the weakest looking one out of its hydrotron and looked at its roots, and the roots were covered with a tiny brown round bug, they were crawling all over and clustered on the roots right where it they came out of the rockwool, i checked the other plants and dont see any of the bugs.

Anyone have any idea what these were?
I looked at common pests/bugs for and they didnt resemble the fungus gnats or centipede type things, they were just really small and round completely brown, and they were living under the water level.

I shoulda got a pic but i kinda freaked and got rid of the plant asap.

Is it true that Hygrozyme will kill most pests in the water?

Thanks all.

Is it true that Hygrozyme will kill most pests in the water?

yes...it will also throw ya PH for spell....Ya did right by trashing that plant...do we know where them buggers came from?..and ya sure the others are okay?....Take care and be safe

:48:

yes, Be aware however that the color of a nutrient solution will stain the roots, turning them yellow or brown. This is also true of many nutrient additives.

I would think this would be yet another good use for the beneficial nematodes?

Latest posts

Back