Bugs!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budman56

Reaction score
Im almost positive there is another post about this so sorry, but on one of my out door plant babies there are little circular holes on one leaf:mad: ill try to get a picture up but im guessing it was a grasshopper or something i was wondering if there is any simple thing to do to stop the madness.All help will be greatly apprecated. Thanks:afroweed:

I would try an insecticide containing neem oil, it works for a variety of pests. By the way do you notice any tiny flies hovering around your garden? You may have thrips and they are sometimes confused for fruit gnats. Here are a couple pics for reference. I hope this helps. :farm:

thrips%20damage%20on%20English%20laurelthumbnail.jpg

WFTsmall.jpg

Thanks is there any house hold way to do this without going to a store?

Add aspirin to water. 15 to a gallon. Feed your plants with it. It will not harm them, it's the only thing I use for bug control.

1. Tobacco or Nicotine Spray:
This mixture is great for combating many different types of bugs, but especially caterpillars, aphids, and many types of those nasty worms.
What you need:
1 cup of tobacco
1 gallon of water
Put the tobacco into the container of water. Allow the mixture to set for approximately 24 hours. After it has stood for a day, check the color. It should be the shade of weak tea. If it is too dark, just dilute it with water until it looks right.
or
Soap Spray
1 to 2 tablespoons liquid soap
1 quart water
Combine ingredients in a spray bottle.

budman56 said:
Thanks is there any house hold way to do this without going to a store?
hey my friend just add 2 to 3 drops os dish soap to a spray bottle and spray that on your plant aspirin can burn take a piece and chaw onit it will burn like hell and any harm to me is harm to my babys so the safe way togo is dish and soap do some reserch and youll see peace out

allright im going to go with the dish soap cause its the easiest and i dont have asprin so i will let u all no how it works thanks for the help

If you get the soap to hot it will burn them in the sun. Alos as early in the season it is make sure its not slugs instead of insects.

3patas said:
hey my friend just add 2 to 3 drops os dish soap to a spray bottle and spray that on your plant aspirin can burn take a piece and chaw onit it will burn like hell and any harm to me is harm to my babys so the safe way togo is dish and soap do some reserch and youll see peace out
ASPIRIN WILL NOT BURN:mad:!!! I wouldn't tell the man to use something that would kill his plants or anything I don't use myself. Salicylate is the main ingredient in aspirin and this is what the bugs don't like. It will NOT harm your plants!

I trust you to Bom but i dont have n e asprin at the time

Try a tea spoon of bread soda mixed with about a litre of water and spray every few days till mr grasshopper has dissapeared:)

does anyone know how many 15 gallons is in litres?

it's like 60 liters (not exact but near that)

And on insecticide i use seven dust 5%, i find it perfect.

1 gallon is about 4 liter so you make the math peace out

do you just spray down the leaves with a spray bottle with the aspirin mixture????

Latest posts

Back