Buying a Vaporizer

• Thread starter The Hemp Goddess
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

The Hemp Goddess

My best friend's birthday is coming up in March and I would like to buy him a vaporizer. What would you recommend in the $200-300 range? He is a disabled vet and smokes every day.

I hve a cheapie but I wld love a Da Buddha......:)

It is freaky to think you can get one on amazon.... amazon.com/Black-Buddha-Vaporizer-DBV-Herbal/dp/B002T6LYBM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328387394&sr=8-1

189.00 with free shipping for prime members(which I happen to be:))

THG... I like my Da Buddha it is a whip type that one can attach a bong to for added cooling. I have had it for over 2 years with no problems. It is quite rugged also. I use it much like one would use a water fountain, I leave it on and when I need to hit it I just walk over to it and hit it. There is no temp gauge but with only a little bit of practice it is quite easy to know where to set the temp at. Also the vapor does not get stale.

here is the link and my set up is in my signature.

hXXp://dabuddhavaporizer.com/da-buddha-vaporizer-1.html

I really love the Extreme Q. They are out of Canada and mine has a fan and all the bells and whistles. I just ordered some extra parts and enjoyed the service too.

Thanks HL, pc, and Rosebud--I will check both these out. It seems they are both available on Amazon and Prime eligible (I love Prime) for under $200. That fits better with my finances now. I have until the end of March, so figured if I make a decision, I will be able to save enough by then.

He will love it THG -- I think my Q was 239 bucks -- if you can get it under 200 it's a good deal for sure.

HF

Rosebud said:
Whats prime eligible THG?

Prime is a membership that gets you free 2nd day shipping on a lot of items and upgrades to next day shipping for just a cpl bucks. I hve been a prime member for a cpl years. It saves you a lot on shipping if you order from Amazon often.

I've got a Volcano that I'm very happy with but am impressed by my friends Extreme Q which even has a remote control for lazy arse stoners! :)

DSC_0008-1.JPG

I have been using my DaBuddah for about two years with no problems at all so far. I really like it a lot. It is nice and easy to clean as well, which I always find as a plus.

Lol if it packed the weed itd b a lazy vap.

I just bought a cheaper yesterday. VR001#, works for a budget vap

Hamster Lewis said:
Prime is a membership that gets you free 2nd day shipping on a lot of items and upgrades to next day shipping for just a cpl bucks. I hve been a prime member for a cpl years. It saves you a lot on shipping if you order from Amazon often.

I miss our thank you button. Thank you Hammy.

Rosebud said:
I miss our thank you button. Thank you Hammy.

Your welcome Rose....I miss the Thank You button too. Too many times I go to gve Rep to someone and get the "You gve too much rep" thing.:(

THG, I have a Volcano Digital, and I really like it. Very smooth smoke. German engineering. Expensive, but a great vaporizer.

You can get the Volcano Classic (analog controls) for less than the Digital model, with the same quality. Well worth the money, but there are cheaper alternatives that perform well.

Good luck.

Unfortunately, I cannot afford a Volcano--that was the first one I looked at. I'm thinking that both the Extreme Q and the Da Buddah look like they are in my price range and both have good reviews. It will boil down to one of those, most likely. My buddy is the kind that would really like the remote control feature of the Q, I believe.

Hammy, this is just my second year with Amazon Prime, but I love it. I had a 40" TV delivered overnight for $3.99! Plus I stream videos and have access to the Kindle Lending Library. I have a Kindle Reader and a Kindle Fire--love them both.

My brother in-law loves his Purple Days, though I personally enjoy my VripTech Heat Wand with my bong. He says, "I love my Purple Days. *It is the most efficient and healthy vaporizer that anybody makes.*Each one is handcrafted out of wood by a very nice couple in Oregon. They take 30 minutes to heat up, but when plugged in it uses about as much electricity as a night light and is made to just be left plugged in all the time.*It's direct draw, no bags or motors to mess with, which I like a million times better because you can just hit it whenever, rather than waiting for bags to fill up."

I don't think it's available on amazon but it's at hxxp://www.purple-days.com. He's a total miser so I can't imagine it being pricey like the volcano. Happy shopping!

Rockster said:
I've got a Volcano that I'm very happy with but am impressed by my friends Extreme Q which even has a remote control for lazy arse stoners! :)
I am about to pull the trigger on amazon for one with a case! Any recommendations???!!!:holysheep:

Hello THG, I use the "Vopormatic" Digital Vaporizer. It has Bags that the vapor stays in for along time. I have never checked how long, don't last that long around me.lol. It's forsure not hot or raspy tho, and great for your health. We want you around for along time Ms. Hemp Goddest. Peace.

Check out the Silver Surfers, they are similar in style to the Da Buddha but all the reviews i have read seem to be much more liked, i love mine.

Latest posts

Back