"Cabello en Fuego" Royal Purple Kush/Papaya

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YYZ Skinhead

RIP Neil Peart 9/12/1952 -- 1/7/2020
Reaction score
OK Go! These are the Emerald Triangle Royal Purple Kush and my workhorse Nirvana Papaya that I got from TAS last week. I sowed three of the PK first and managed to snap one of em in two trying to oyster it out of the shell, woo hoo! So I sowed the remaining two PK and three Papaya. You can barely see them turning German in the pic of the damp Oasis cubes. The PK growing in the single cube (along with the three Papayas) will end up in my resurrected drip tank.

royalpurple3.jpg

royalpurple1.jpg

royalpurple2.jpg

royalpurple4.jpg

These shots are downright boring, but at least the greens they are a-growing. The drip hydros are growing more rapidly than the individuals in dirt, which was the main reason I decided to do both hydro and dirt in this grow, because I have had Papayas in dirt grow more quickly than when I grew them in my drip tank.

Edit: The first pic is a Royal Purple Kush growing in the hydro tank. The second is the same strain in dirt. The third is a Papaya in the tank.

royalpurple7.jpg

royalpurple6.jpg

papaya30.jpg

very nice and informative. How's the potency/effect of the papaya?

Papaya is a heavy couchlock indo that seems to spread throughout your anatomy, starting with your head and creeping down into your limbs. It is a great nightcap that tastes of sweet pipe tobacco. I call it Nature's Valium because I take it to prevent an addiction to/tolerance of my prescribed Valium.

Have you grown the Papaya before? I have looked at that as a possible breeding tool, but never heard anything good or bad about it...

YYZ Skinhead said:
Papaya is a heavy couchlock indo that seems to spread throughout your anatomy, starting with your head and creeping down into your limbs. It is a great nightcap that tastes of sweet pipe tobacco. I call it Nature's Valium because I take it to prevent an addiction to/tolerance of my prescribed Valium.

Be careful with those please. My wife is a Doctor and she tells me horror stories of people trying to get off those things. And I was addicted to pain pills for a few years because of my back, and it was hell for me to get off those. My wife says you can die if you cold turkey Valiums, you cant die from withdrawing from opiates....you only feel like you are. Valium withdrawal is as bad as alcohol withdrawal because they both do the same thing physiologically. And trust me when I say I am not judging you in any way. All I'm saying is be careful if you decide to stop..it could be deadly.

Oh yes. Papaya is my workhorse strain. It is Nirvana Seeds' version of Mango. It grows big with long fat buds that can get so heavy the stems need propping up. All of my grows include at least a couple Papayas.

MG Canna said:
Be careful with those please. My wife is a Doctor and she tells me horror stories of people trying to get off those things. And I was addicted to pain pills for a few years because of my back, and it was hell for me to get off those. My wife says you can die if you cold turkey Valiums, you cant die from withdrawing from opiates....you only feel like you are. Valium withdrawal is as bad as alcohol withdrawal because they both do the same thing physiologically. And trust me when I say I am not judging you in any way. All I'm saying is be careful if you decide to stop..it could be deadly.
I wouldn't even try to quit without my shrink telling me to do so, but I had no idea you could die from quitting. I have read up on and been prescribed all sorts of benzodiazepines that did nothing for me. Xanax worked for a while but after six years of it I developed a tolerance to it, which is why I was eventually prescribed Valium.

the little ladies are looking good so far! Green mojo! I've been taking oxycontin for almost 2 years now for the nerve damage I have in my arm. I find that I grow such a tolerance to them so quickly that If I don't regularly get a stronger dosage, within 2 weeks the dosage I was prescribed does nothing and I'm back at the doctor. now I take 2 weeks worth of my oxy then stop taking them for the remaining 2 weeks of a month and just increase my cannabis intake. That way I've been able to cope with taking 60mg per night as opposed to being upped to 80mg or 100mg. With this I find I don't have any real withdrawl symptoms from stopping the pills. I'll probably be restless for the first night or two but after that everything is great.

I was on dilaudid for six years because of extensive orthopedic surgeries on my feet. When they cut off my supply I turned to growing a strong cut of skunk to help compensate....that, too me that is the true medicinal powers of cannabis/ I went through withdrawals (but were'nt that bad)but didn't go pill hunting because of cannabis.

I probably, maaaaaybe ought to have included this in the first post (thank you, propranolol :doh: ). I am using Foothillhydroponics.com's Grow and Hard Water Micro in the drip tank. The dirt is Fox Farm Ocean Forest.

These shots are more seizure-inducingly exciting than the last bunch. As you can see, the whelps in my Dirt v Tank "experiment" have essentially grown to about the same size. :hitchair:

papaya31.jpg

royalpurple8.jpg

royalpurple9.jpg

My Doctor told me if I went on a program to quit smoking cannabis, she would prescribe me some pain meds. What an idiot. Great looking plants skinhead. :)

powerplanter said:
My Doctor told me if I went on a program to quit smoking cannabis, she would prescribe me some pain meds. What an idiot.
:eek: Sheesh. It's supposed to be the other way round.

powerplanter said:
Great looking plants skinhead. :)
Props. :cool2: I tell my kittens the good feedback I get for posting pix of them. They grow more enthusiastically.

One of the dirt-potted Royal Purple Kush is outgrowing the other RPKs and the tank Papaya. This may even out in another couple of weeks.

royalpurple10.jpg

papaya32.jpg

royalpurple11.jpg

This potted RPK is having a growth jump and is suddenly outgrowing all the other individuals of both strains in both media.

royalpurple12.jpg

YYK, have you ever had problems with the papaya losing its luster, or hermie on you? I want to grow the papaya i learned to love and i heard nirvana's genetics are rapidly degrading

drfting07 said:
YYK, have you ever had problems with the papaya losing its luster, or hermie on you? I want to grow the papaya i learned to love and i heard nirvana's genetics are rapidly degrading
I have read the Nirvana "slipping" reports and have never had any flaws with Papaya in particular. I have successfully grown Papaya for at least eight years. The last batch I got from our previous sponsor and it was as good as the packs I have got from Seedboutique.com. I would still recommend Papaya.

(Of course, I may be the wrong grower to ask because the only Nirvana strain I grow is Papaya.)

Latest posts

Back