can anyone figure this one out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazda3234wd

Reaction score
HEy guys. just a quick question,

The last 2 grows ive done ive had alot of leaves curling down like ram horns.. and all the head leaves are really really skinny compared to other leaves on the lower section of plant.. Ive used this same room with same setup, same everything for 10+ years now and i dont get it.. i thought 1st off it was the strain i was growing but now i have a different strain and im seeing the same thing. Ill post pics up. just wondering if anyone can help me with this one..
One interesting thing ive thought of.. I do use 2 x 400 wat lights as side lights... could the leaves be curling under so the tops of leaves are still getting light? trying to protect the bottoms of leaves? thats the only thing ive come up with.

and one other thing i thought i would add..... lately my nutes have had alot of black floatie stuff in them.... shop has told me its nothing to worry about but yea.... its gotta be side lights or nutes, there the only 2 parts of my growing setup that have changed.

any advice would be tops.

Cheers

you need to start with basics. A mental check list if you like. PH, watering, nutes, container size. And don't just guess...find out all this, then post back with pic if you can. It could be something simple, or could be more involved.

Ok here are the stats. and plz keep in mind its been like this for at least 6 years, this is the system that works best for me atm.

ok its DWC, 20ltr buckets. (although i only feed em 10L at a time)

Ph has been a bit strange lately. its was up in the 8's, tho its now a constant 6.5. the plants have been on about 6.5 from day 1 of flower.
About watering. since i was a bit lazy this pplant has kinda turned into a umm monster? lol its yea ull see in the pic. my largest so far and ive had single plants with over a pound on them before.
this plant is drinking 10L water/nutes every 3 days... she is one thirsty plant. every 3 days i flush with fresh water and redo nutes.
Container size about about 25L tho as said before i only fill10L cuz i have learnt over the yers theres no such thing as 2 much air at the roots. so i like the bucket to be half empty.. also 4 large air stones in each tub.. roots are always shinny white..

I ll post a pic up later tonight just waiting on camera batterys to charge..
Im lost at wats gone wrong here guys. any help would be much loved.

ive finally gotten my hands on super silver haze and i really want this plant to flower out at hard as its can.

P.S ive moved the lights up a bit and have noticed some of the horned leaves have kinda ufolded? could it just as simple as they erally didnt like light underneith and were folding over to protect the bottoms?

Ill post pics asap

Heres a pic. u can see the leaves how there curling under.

test.jpg

the only time my plants have done the above, or close to, is when I overnuted them... could be straight up burn, or step-up too quick. Can't really see too well in the pics, but from descrip...?

agree w cc in that answer is there... the pH issue flux is extreme & you are a bit high @ 6.5 even. Best.

Just a guess but with that brick wall and the heat it gives off all the time from your lights i would try circulating the air around the plants better. and not a hot dry heat. Slim

more pics the camera makes it look yellow, there is no yellow on plant at all, shes all healthy green.

curlyleavesSSH.jpg

In my exprience I have found that when plants get the classic Ram horn leaves its 1 of 2 problems, Overwatering or to much N , I may be wrong but I do think that one of those is your problem!

Phatpharmer

yea ok i agree with this one actually... cuz in my 5 years of growing it was 1 strain called durban poison and these things loved DWC buckets.

maybe the sativas dont like it, this is my first time at growing sativa. i always had the nice short and stocky indicas.

Ok so say it is over watering, how do i fix that in a DW system? Cuz only half an hour ago ive put 15 L in instead of 10 cuz im sick of changing it every 2 to 3 days.. so if it is over watering it really isnt gunna like this last nute change...

Hmm...not to hijack the thread...but is it actually possible to overwater in a DWC setup?..and if so,how would you remedy such a thing, lol...i mean...hmm...

Yea HippyInEngland i know im a bit high. i have some downer, just did a expierment then. i can get it down to 5.8 pretty easy..

Question is, since plant is already 1 month in flower. am I going to hurt by downing PH ? or will it just be happy with me for getting it right? haha Cuz im wondering if i should just let this one flower out and get PH right for next one or can i lower it straight away?
can i Go from 6.5 down to 5.8 in 1 hit or do i have to lower.2 at a time?

mazda3234wd said:
Yea HippyInEngland i know im a bit high. i have some downer, just did a expierment then. i can get it down to 5.8 pretty easy..

Question is, since plant is already 1 month in flower. am I going to hurt by downing PH ? or will it just be happy with me for getting it right? haha Cuz im wondering if i should just let this one flower out and get PH right for next one or can i lower it straight away?
can i Go from 6.5 down to 5.8 in 1 hit or do i have to lower.2 at a time?
Hi mazda,

knock it straight back to 5.8,your girls will be fine.:)

Six said:
Hmm...not to hijack the thread...but is it actually possible to overwater in a DWC setup?..and if so,how would you remedy such a thing, lol...i mean...hmm...

No, you cant over water in a DWC system.

I start my pH at about 5.5 and let it drift up to about 6.0--IMO, a little pH drift is good. If you are running your pH at 6.5 in DWC, I would really suspect nute lockout. If you have a sativa dominant plant, you could have 8+ weeks left of flowering. I would get that pH down now and give your girl what she wants. Also, what kind of nutes are you using and what ppm are you running?

mazda3234wd said:
more pics the camera makes it look yellow, there is no yellow on plant at all, shes all healthy green.

the photos have a yellow cast to them from the hps. if your camera has a setting for white balance you can adjust it to remove most of the yellow cast using the incandescent setting

Just my .02 cents...
Changing water that often could be a bit of youre prob / ph issue. My buddy who's dwc guy changes his water every other week with no prob's....
In my minds eye, you are throwing away money changing it that often.

Latest posts

Back