Can anyone identify these spots on my leaves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you check ph? The problem is creeping up if you look closely.

most leaf issues are ph related if you have a full spectrum food and dont feed to much.

I just got a PH tester. I'll check it out.

I looked today and the spots are still isolated and not getting bigger. In fact, one kind of faded. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks

That seems more like minor damage from something erroneous rather than a internal issue. But it depends on whether it is uniform across a section of the plant or on a couple random leaves. Uniform(or semi-uniform) discoloration is a sign of impending internal problems, like pH, deficiency, etc.

I think you are right.

I was foliar feeding by accident so it could be nute residue. As long as it's not spreading, I'm not alarmed right now.

Thanks

is it spreading though?
i'm with tril; i thought it looks like a spill, but on the bottom pic, it appears it might be spreading

I'll get an updated pic today but last time I looked, it appeared to be fading away. I'll post a pic in a few and we can see for sure.

ok sorry, to clarify; are there anymore?
notice that tiny spot on the bottom pic under the big spot.. is that one getting larger
(that's what's meant by spreading. not the dot spreading, but more dots appearing and getting larger)
;) :)

Look at how the leaf is getting lighter in other areas on the last pic.... it might be fading away now but you can tell its a ph issue in the last pic.

the grower wasnt checking ph in anyway.

if it was foliar feeding burn it woukd not creep up it would be a burn on that area...not slowly form over days in a dif area.

please know what your talking about when giving advice as to not confuse the OP.

all ive ever asked is to not give half informed advice based on a guess but instead use your experience. If you dont really know dont even go there.

ive seen ppl know it all but cant tell a hermi from a non hermi.

this deters the grower(s) from doing all sorts of other things that might possibly compound the issue.

if its an opinion- say so and why....that JMO. LOL

I might come off as rude but I am here to help.

Yeah I agree. I suspect the issue is past and plants are looking much healthier now :)

I'm getting ready to top that pretty one. I hate topping but these are mothers and I need as many clone clippings as I can get. I am hoping to take about 25 cuttings from 2 plants. I think that's a lot to expect. I may top it twice if I don't see it branching the way I want.

I'll leave the other one go without topping. I want to see the growing characteristics of this strain so I know what to expect from the clones. Plus, I'll want most of my clones from the best pheno so this plan should work out OK.

Well, I definitely have a problem. The leaves are showing symptoms similar to Magnesium deficiency but I am using Fox Farm Grow Big Soil and it lists magnesium on the label so I am thinking that TA is right and my PH is probably bad. I am soaking my new PH meter so I can calibrate it and take a reading. I will check the water tonight but I won't be watering until tomorrow so I can't measure the run off until then.

View attachment spots062114-1.jpg

View attachment spots062114-2.jpg

Well, I definitely have a problem. The leaves are showing symptoms similar to Magnesium deficiency but I am using Fox Farm Grow Big Soil and it lists magnesium on the label so I am thinking that TA is right and my PH is probably bad. I am soaking my new PH meter so I can calibrate it and take a reading. I will check the water tonight but I won't be watering until tomorrow so I can't measure the run off until then.

Looks to me like you are headed to a nute lockout. Please check ph and adjust, your showing a trace element deficiency, which is your first sign your headed to a full lockout. Best of luck to you, ...your problem looks like you may have accidentally overfed causing a salt build-up and if your lights are a little low it will burn the leaf tips and inter-nodes easily.

Yeah, I looked at my calendar and I definitely overfed them a little. And, there is a tiny bit of tip burn so I'll back off on nutes for a while.

I did a PH test on my water and it is 7.5 so I'm sure that is adding to the problem as well.

I watered tonight with Deer Park Spring Water. It was PH6.8. Fortunately, there are only 2 small plants and I always have an ample supply of Deer Park Spring Water on hand because it's what I give to my dog (wouldn't give this crumby city water to my dog) LOL.

So, I will water the next few times with straight spring water and hopefully, that will bring the root PH down and also flush out any nute buildup.

Plus, these are ready to be transplanted into bigger pots so I can help the situation by doing that. However, I just topped one of them and I want her to recover for a couple weeks from that before I transplant

However, I am going to find a long term solution for this problem. I can't use Deer Park to water all the clones all all that, forever.

What is the best way to adjust the PH in my water supply?

Hackerman , how do your usually adjust you ph?

I never have. I have been using the same water for decades without ever even checking the PH. My old strain didn't care about PH. You could throw mud balls at those plants and they would grow.

These new seeds are way more sensitive to stuff like PH.

I am thinking of using Apple Cider Vinegar rather than store bought PH up and down. I am going to keep using the Deer Park until I figure out what to do.

Latest posts

Back