Can I START 12/12 FROM SEED UP.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILoveganja.com

Reaction score
I though the only seeds you could do that with is the lowriders(auto-flower). People been saying that you can do this with any seed. Ok well if so do they same rules still apply ex. like the time it takes to vegg,and like the time it takes to flower. Does this speed the process up or does it stay same or get slower. Basically, If I grew a seed in 12/12 from seed up what would be different from me growing it growing 18/6 then 12/12, besides my electric bill. Please all comments.

Some people do grow 12/12 from seed...

The plant will need to be sexually mature before it will start budding, regardless of the light schedule--generally 2-4 weeks when it starts producing alternating nodes. So, even if you start a seedling at 12/12, it is going to take 2-4+ weeks longer than the breeder's "flowering time", which is an estimate anyway. Plants put into 12/12 from seedling stage generally never get very large and generally do not produce much. I was forced by circumstances once to go 12/12 with only about a week veg time. The yield was disappointing.

Ive grown that way a couple times and I found it took atleast a month to start budding even under 12/12. Like the Goddess said, the plant needs to be sexually mature before it starts to bud.

I ended up with a bunch of single cola plants with little to no branching.

last time i vegged 24hrs a day for a week then switched to 12/12 for space reasons

some LST and Supercropping and it worked very well for my small space

i got a SSH that never sprouted when i first started to grow. the seed would not open in the paper towle way had it in there for a week so i thew both of them in a cup with soil wated a week. nothing. thew 2 more in the cup an they came up in a week. so i had left the first 2 seeds in the cup figgering they did not want to grow. so anyways it had been 3 weeks so far an them first seeds did not sprout so i said f em an forgot about them. well i vegged for 3 more weeks an put them to flower. a week after that one of them first SSH seeds sprouted an came up. that was a 7 week time for a plant to sprout!!! no bull!!! need less to say its been in 12/12 its whole life an sexed about a week ago an is a female. like THG said its dinkie lookin an ant going to pruduce much maybe a few grams lol.

Thats hilarious:rofl: ,I probably wont do a 12/12 from seed then. What about these lowriders then. I know how they work but do they produce nice amounts of yeild. I wanted some stuff that doesnt take as much time as normal and want to aleast grow 10-6 plants at a time. Just wondering how the low riders work a little better and know if they are a good idea. Please all comments!

I think it's a good idea to think carefully about what you want to grow, if you intend making it a regular thing. Because once you start taking clones you will tend to keep the same pheno in growth ... and you don't want to be saying "this is ok but the yield/potency is blah". For example, I did a lot of investigation before choosing an indica strain to grow, and even after the first grow I was going "potency great but yield a little low ... do I continue or order new seed" (something I hate risking) but my second grow was so good that I decided to use it as my reg'lar strain. So consider carefully the dimensions of your grow space, the potency you would like, the type of high, resistance to disease, the size of a mature plant, the time to harvest .. ..

well.......

i went from seed, some new years stuff... birthdays of 1/1/09 (some a day earlier)

the biggest is over 24" now, on day 30. it's LSTd but grows 2 inches a day, on most branches. i hope i can keep it tamed, there are like 30+ budsites all blooming huge. i just updated the grow.

now if you were all indica or something okay, but this sativa is gonna be a biggie!

hxxp://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=407782

Latest posts

Back