Can I take clones from my plant?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john_peace

Reaction score
Hi people,
I have a white skunk plant which has been in flowering for 46 days,the main cola is full of crystals and the white hairs are starting to turn brown slowly.
In general it's a beautiful plant and everything is going good.

My question now is,can I take clones from this plant?I was thinking to take clones from the bottom branches.What do you think?

46 days into flowering I assume means you threw the switch to 12/12 46 days ago but the plant has been flowering maybe 35 days. IMO you have past the point of no return. In my short experience the longer you spend in flower the harder it is revert to veg. Some would say, what can it hurt to try, while others will argue that taking cuttings this late could stunt the plants growth. Interesting question, I will have to check back and see what the general consenus is. I have rooted cuttings as far as 2 weeks into flower but I wont know for another 2 weeks how they do.

Yeah I was also thinking it might be too late.I probably won't try it because this is my first grow and I don't want to hurt my plant.

Yes, it could be done. But, it is not advisable. As far as it is along in flower, it probably would take quite a while to take root if it made it. The bud production would take up more resources than a cutting could produce, IMO.

i was told before that u can take a clone from a plant when its in flower but its not ideal,,i think go ahead and take a copple what will it hert them lower branches dont realy get no buds on them any ways as u already no im shure ,i no id do it ,all u can do is try i got mine to root in straight tap water ,im kind of tight on money now since its winter work is very slow so i dont got no rooting harmone ,,but my point is i took branches from mine while it was in flower and they rooted so its doible

yes you can take clones anytime, it may take longer to root when switching back to veg mode, but it should not be a problem.

TheStickyIcky said:
Yes, it could be done. But, it is not advisable. As far as it is along in flower, it probably would take quite a while to take root if it made it. The bud production would take up more resources than a cutting could produce, IMO.
So true, I have noticed the larger the forming bud is on the top the quicker the leaves will yellow while its trying to root.

Latest posts

Back