Can I use Hps 400 and mh 400 in my flowering room?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gagneezy

Reaction score
I want to use a metal halide 400 watt and a High pressure sodium 400w in the same room on a 12 on 12 off light schedule. Will that be bad for my Budz?

I don't see it being bad...the HPS is better for flowering but I don't think the added light from a MH wld actually hurt...any reason why you don't just get another HPS light? You can get them cheap at Lowes or Home Depot...

Hello Gag, I'll let ya know...I'm hitting 12/12 today with that exact light set-up on a 2x4 tray. It's sort of my unofficial test of the multi-spec.

why not try 2 400w. and both of them running a t5 strip light on either side of the reflectors, theres a mixed spectrum.. :rolleyes:
LH
EDIT: except now your getting 800w of hps, and mixed spectrum..

This is exactly what you want to do. The enhanced blue spectrum during flowering is beneficial for trichome production and the mh puts off a small amount of uvb light which is also good for your plants, just be sure to rotate them so all of your girls can get some of each light.

Gagneezy said:
I want to use a metal halide 400 watt and a High pressure sodium 400w in the same room on a 12 on 12 off light schedule. Will that be bad for my Budz?

trying the same thing , 4 wks into flowering , buds are rock hard , cant tell though if its the spectrum change or the temp change -- previous grow temps got up to 85 sometimes a little higher ,,, this grow highs stay at 77

Latest posts

Back