Can you tell if these are male?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amateur Grower

Blending in...
Reaction score
My plants are about to be 7 weeks old, total. I put them under 12/12 400w HPS a few days ago. I've got 7 total plants and a couple were showing female pre-flowers before I started flowering them. All but one of the rest are pre-flowering now that they are under 12/12.

I believe that I've identified 5 females already, with one unknown and this one, which I'm thinking is male. This EyeClops cam I'm using won't go less than 100X magnification, so that's why the pictures are so close up.

AG

PIC001.jpg

PIC002.jpg

looks like balls to me bro pistols should look kinda like cones with hairs growin out of them

I agree with stone hands, they look male.

I would wait too. Sometimes those are side branches that haven't shot up yet. A couple days should tell.

Ok, so after 1 1/2 weeks flowering, here's more pics and after looking at Hippy's pics, I'm still not sure. My problem is I don't want to wait TOO long if it is a boy to move him out. But of course, if it's about to put out pistils, I don't want to scrap it. What do you think and how long do I have before it would start dropping pollen if it's a male?

AG

PIC001.jpg

PIC002.jpg

PIC003.jpg

male end of and hie that must have been a hermie as females dont exhibit ball sacks for fun.

lol

a good rule of thumb imeo is males tend to grow faster and more vigorously than the females of each mj strain.

skallie

So every day I become more sure it's male-should I go ahead and yank it now? Is there ANYTHING I can do with this male plant besides destroy it? Is any part smokeable?

I hate to be so elementary with this, but I don't want to jump the gun and kill a female and I SURE don't want any of my other 6 beautiful girls to get pollenated!

AG

PIC006.jpg

PIC010.jpg

PIC011.jpg

skallie said:
male end of and hie that must have been a hermie as females dont exhibit ball sacks for fun.

lol

skallie

I'm going to let it seed itself, I want its offsprings pollen for an experiment.

:peace:

HippyInEngland said:
I'm going to let it seed itself, I want its offsprings pollen for an experiment.

:peace:

So the pic you posted above-is that a hermie?

Latest posts

Back