Cant Identify

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum and had a question about a plant. A friend of mine lives by a creek and in the creek he found a plant that looks like marijuana. I told him it could be, but both of us are puzzled. The leaflets look exactly like marijuana leaflets and so far it is about 1.5 feet tall. The thing is, is that there are multiple braches of stems coming through the ground and running down the stems are single leaflets. There are no fan leaves or anything, the most leaflets which are connected are three. It does not have any smell to it yet not even a planty smell. Are there any plants that are look alikes to marijuana? Any help would be cool.

yeah, alot of plants by riverbeds...
but if it's 1.5 feet tall I really doubt it is marijuana going by what you told us..

pics would solve your problem in a second, on this forum. but from what you`ve described it aint MJ. if you smell any weed plant of that same size or smaller even, you can still smell that the plant is weed.

I drew this myself in paint so bare with me. It looks like this, except theres about 4 stems from one spot in the ground all coming up that are identical to this. The plant has long green stems.
trialleaf.jpg

that aint weed dude, for sure man. nice drawing though,lol.

go buy some trill (bird feed), plant one of each seeds in the trill, let whatever grows grow, and you will know if its hash, trust me.

nope that ant no plant i hid one of my plants in a bush of lookalike plants lol kinda what your talkin about yeah but if that pic is what it looks like it lol

yeah that aint ganja 4 show. It's alot of plants down by spring that's very similar to Our pride an joy. An wen I took My cousins to my grow they swore I had like 300 plants an It wasn't but 16 plants down there at tha time.

85cannablis, what are you talking about????? I am still unsure because it looks more and more like pot as time goes on, and that drawing was just my guess of how it looked cause i only saw it a few times. I should be able to tell whether it is or isnt real soon.

Also, can someone name all the plants that look similar to marijuana? That would help alot, because then i can really match it up.

Thanks

It isn't pot if it looks anything like that picture. Umm there are lots of things like, poison ivy and stuff people look at it and see 3 leaves in that shape and they go "hey that looks like weed". Or there's lots of other random weeds that look like marijuana but it isn't. At 1 and a half feet, you'd be able to smell a scent of marijuana unless it was a really unhealthy plant but it still wouldn't look ANYTHING like that picture. It's prolly a random weed.

sorry.

Kind of like the one on the right, but not exactly by any means. But closer than anything else i have looked at like hibiscus and ragweed.
trialjeez.jpg

google search 'potentilla'

i was fooled a month ago, and literally embarrased myself throughout the site, lol

Latest posts

Back