carbon "can filter" - effective?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuckdee123

Roland Burnett
Reaction score
starting to plan my 3x3 diy flower tent, and i think it's gonna have to be located in an area where oder is a problem.

anybody used these?

hXXp://cheaphydroponics.com/store/view-all/can-filter-33-6-/prod_67.html

chuckdee123 said:
starting to plan my 3x3 diy flower tent, and i think it's gonna have to be located in an area where oder is a problem.

anybody used these?

however they are heavy, and cannot be re-used. they work great don't get me wrong, but you have to replace them every 6mo-1yr and that aint cheap. I have found a better and superior product called THE AIR BOX with replaceable pleated filter inside, no more throwing away can filters. You pay once and replace the inside filters...

thanks for the reply tint... i didnt even realize they're one time use. i'll have to do some more reading before i make any investments..
peace

I own a Can filter and can style fan.

It's a Can Filter model 66 and has over 60# of carbon in it. All of those filters are reusable with a little DIY common sense. All of them are refillable with new carbon.

I would suggest going atleast 1 size bigger than what you need to sufficiently filter the smell.

2 years on my filter and i can still stick my head in the attic and I get no smell.

No smell outside either.

The 6 mos to 1 year comment is his opinion.

I will continue to run the filter until i can smell something in the attic. Until then.... it will blow on.

A good carbon filter is the best odor remover.

The filter I run is about 5x the size i actually need for the space i run, so i figure i can get 5 x the use out of the carbon before i order replacement carbon.

I have a can 33 and it's great. Been using it for over 6 months and it still smells like fresh air in my room. Even with my dirty laundry in here.:D

I bought a Honeywell® Enviracaire® True HEPA Air Purifier - 50200 for $132 that has a reusable HEPA filter and a replaceable carbon mat prefilter. It sits in my grow room and for over a month now, it's kept it perfectly clean smelling during full flowering. I love the thing.

Here's where I bought it from if you're interested:

kaz.com/kaz/store/product/305bb71e091a2df27d7f64ec5b9bc3ec/

chuckdee123 said:

anybody used these?

Yes, they work great. Didn't check the link, so not going to see the price, but EBAY has them as well, and can get them a lot cheaper a lot of the times than most places

I've had the same can filter going on it's 5th grow, and it's still takeing the funk out.

Latest posts

Back