CDL liscense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todoobie

Reaction score
Does anyone one here have commercial drivers liscense?

todoobie said:
you could drink a 12 pack of beer the night before , but not smoke weed.

That wld depend on if there is no alcohol in your system at the time of the test...but yes...pot stays in the system way longer. That is the reason I will not get a CDL...luckily driving the regular package cars and 24 foot box vans for UPS does not require one...

hell up until a couple of years ago I couldn't keep my regular drivers license for more than a few months and they were takeing it away again...lol...I could never drive for a living, I'd have to stop everytime something caught my eye...not to mention, driving makes me sleepy.

I had one many, many years ago :hubba:. I used to deliver fuel oil to industrial companies. What a hoot - 53' tanker trailer, power shifting 12 speed transmissions, Eaton 2 speed transaxles... Whites, cab-over IHs, I drove 'em all right out of high school. My favorite was an old rattle trap White - by the time I got my left foot on the clutch and my right hand on the shifter, I was fully extended lmao. With my best girl by my side, black sabbath and grand funk on the 8 track. Making more money than I knew what to do with. It's true what they say - our best days are behind us :D Another flashback, the 2nd tonight! Sorry! Please return to your regularly scheduled illegal activities!

ha ha ha, a cdl? i have'nt even had a drivers license my entire life. i look at it like this. if i get caught driving, what can they take away from me that already has'nt been taken? got pulled over last year, and it is now mandatory, you must go to jail for driving on a suspended license...

heres the kicker, i've never applied for a license my entire life.:eek: . so go figure this one out. how can i go to jail on a suspended, for something i never had to begin with?...(you'll love this one)...

It doesnt matter if u get caught driving with out one they automaticly suspend them, so if u got caught once your license and driving privleges are suspended..how do i know this u ask? been there done that lol had 6 suspensions in a row cost $300 a pop to get em back thats $1800 plus cort fees ect......

i had one for 20 years, used to love hittin the roads with a big sack full, finding diffrenet strains to smoke frome different places, then they started drug testing, i played the game for a while then said the heck with it, not worth the time and money anymore.i now make more money and i am home every day:D

todoobie said:
Does anyone one here have commercial drivers liscense?

yes been driving trucks before the cdl. if you take two boxes of sure gel find it in the grocery store its used in canning and jelly’s and jams any how 2 boxes in a 16-20oz glass of worm water, drink this all at once then drink 4 or 5 glasses of water in the next 10-15 minuets pee as much as you can before your test then hold for your test. This will be good for about two hrs. this has worked for me several times as well as most of my driver friends, but I have had two people say it didn’t work I dint know, it works every time for me. as for on the spot testing I know of anything . Good luck. :bong:

Truck drivers make good money (I know, I sign the checks) and for that they are required to submit to randon drug tests. This is a federal law, not state. Like being a pilot (commecial or personal), train conductors, bus drivers and a host of other occupations you have to decide if smoking weed (I'm talking recreationaly) is worth the trade off financialy. Alot of people (including drivers) don't realise the extent of freedom you surrender when you get a CDL. If you get a DWI while in your personal car, on your own time, at a minnimum you will be unemployed. More likely than not you will have your regular license susspended and your CDL will be gone like a fart in a hurricane.
As far as all these methods for beating drug tests, convienience store clerks, drywall hangers, and pizza delivery boys have not figgured a realistic, reliable form of masking. Not really suprising. If any of these methods worked they would be incorporated into the test as well. The test is not just for drug use but also for substances that can be used to mask said drug use. When people say "I have'nt been caught yet" the important part is "yet" because you will be.
I've lost a few good drivers because of these tests. I wish there was a way to pinpoint when the person last used, but untill there is, people will have to decide what's more important, weed or your CDL.

Cubby....doesnt a Hair Folical test kinda pinpoint last use? I got a husband with one of those special licences, he NEVER smokes while employed or even for the six weeks before he expects to be employed. It is about that time of year right now.

Hey TC,
The follical test dose'nt give a clue to when was last use was. What it does do is find out about build up. If you test negative due to a time out from smoking, but your employer or probation officer or whoever suspects your dirty the follical test can show the concentration of THC in your system and identify long term use as opposed to someone who smokes on weekends. The follical test is also used because unlike the urine test it's almost impossible to effect results. The follical test is rarely utilised by private employers due to the expense of it, add to that, most employers don't want to find a outside reason to fire a good employee, unless thier job is a safety concern.
Speaking for myself, if a mechanic, office worker, or janitor is smoking on thier personal time I don't care. As long as you can pass the drug test I don't care how you do it, my insurance is not based on "correct" results as long as they come back negative. Whether someone is messing with the test is the testers buiseness, but they do tell employers that a test came back either inconclusive or tested negative for THC but positive for masking agents. This is the only area where the employer has any discression. If your a good employee you'll be told of the results, given 2 weeks to get clean, retest (at the employees expense) and if it's still dirty or masking agents are still present you will be fired.
As weed becomes more and more exceptable in general society these tests are gonna' have to be re-examined or we'll end up with people choosing to do manual labor rather than submitt to a invassive test for something that may have no affect on thier job. If smoking negatively affects your employers bottom line you'll be fired for that, as you should, but not for recreational use that dose'nt affect job preformance.
These tests often pit employers against employees wich it should'nt. Drug tests are a product of the insurance companys and politicians who believe they have a right to dictate morals and social morays. Employers would rather avoid the expense, paperwork, and the intrussive atmosphere created any time you tell someone they need to be tested.

ya just let my cdl go and the only way i passed the test is to drink a gallon of water as fast as u can before the test and pis a couple times befiore that will flush ur system but go take the test as fast as u can before ur kidneys build up the thc again
u are allowed a percentage of thc in ur system just from the fact it is in diff stuff in the air but over that mark and ur busted the water flush ive never failed a test on the hair test is no way around it

budiholi said:
ya just let my cdl go and the only way i passed the test is to drink a gallon of water as fast as u can before the test and pis a couple times befiore that will flush ur system but go take the test as fast as u can before ur kidneys build up the thc again
u are allowed a percentage of thc in ur system just from the fact it is in diff stuff in the air but over that mark and ur busted the water flush ive never failed a test on the hair test is no way around it

I know I should'nt, but I have to ask, where do you live that THC is somehow magicly floating around the air? I want to live there, on a hot day you could just sit outside and get stoned, it would be like using a giant vaporizor.
I have never heard of a detectable ammount of THC being allowed as a buffer on a drug test. Any detectable amount is considdered a positive and reason to terminate employment, period. I guess it would be like a pregnancy test that says "you're kind of pregnant".:rolleyes:

eligible to get my cdl back in july, figure it will be hard to get an ins. co. to give the ok to hire me. we'll see.

cubby said:
Truck drivers make good money (I know, I sign the checks) and for that they are required to submit to randon drug tests. This is a federal law, not state. Like being a pilot (commecial or personal), train conductors, bus drivers and a host of other occupations you have to decide if smoking weed (I'm talking recreationaly) is worth the trade off financialy. Alot of people (including drivers) don't realise the extent of freedom you surrender when you get a CDL. If you get a DWI while in your personal car, on your own time, at a minnimum you will be unemployed. More likely than not you will have your regular license susspended and your CDL will be gone like a fart in a hurricane.
As far as all these methods for beating drug tests, convienience store clerks, drywall hangers, and pizza delivery boys have not figgured a realistic, reliable form of masking. Not really suprising. If any of these methods worked they would be incorporated into the test as well. The test is not just for drug use but also for substances that can be used to mask said drug use. When people say "I have'nt been caught yet" the important part is "yet" because you will be.
I've lost a few good drivers because of these tests. I wish there was a way to pinpoint when the person last used, but untill there is, people will have to decide what's more important, weed or your CDL.

:rofl: Really slick the way you worked the fart joke in, cubby :hubba:. And I haven't heard that one before, very original! Mind if I borrow it and use it here and there? Hurrican season is on the way :hubba:

Class A CDL with every endorsement except passanger (for buses).
I dont drive for anybody anymore though. Glad thats over.

ArtVandolay said:
:rofl: Really slick the way you worked the fart joke in, cubby :hubba:. And I haven't heard that one before, very original! Mind if I borrow it and use it here and there? Hurrican season is on the way :hubba:

Go for it Art, I don't even want credit as orriginal soarse....LOL. I don't know where things come from, I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or crabbier or a combination of the two. I recently told a woman that spending time with her was like a picknick......with turd sandwiches. She was less than pleased.
Back to the subject of this thread. I would be currious to hear of drivers experiences in states with MMJ. How do these people maintain their licences? I've broached the subject at a few industry meetings and it seems the overwhelming response is "fire them". States like California that allow MMJ may make allowances as far as in state motor carriers but interstate as well as cross border carriers will never be able to allow it. Just carrying your meds across state lines could get you a long prison sentence, nevermind crossing into Canada or Mexico. There's also the fact that most people who run trucking company's have bought into the anti-MMJ rhetoric and believe MMJ is just a way for people to get around the law. Texas and Florida have legislation pending that would require out of state truck companies to disallow MMJ or be denied state road use permits. The subject is creating a political/social brier patch.

Latest posts

Back