CFL Flowering Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Ivey

Reaction score
Wut up people. Are "warm white" 2700k cfls the same as "soft white" 2700k cfls? Cause thats all im seeing in the stores online.BTW I got this 150watt hps and about 4square feet growing space. Trying to squeeze out 3 plants in that will adding these cfls to increase lumens mess up the plants in any way? I pretty sure it wont but want to be positive:confused:

well you were quite right:D more light the better as long as you have enough ventalation :peace:

Greetings, right now with the 150 you do not have enough light. The board recommends 5000 lumens per sq foot. Like the ukgirl stated the more the merrier with lights but try to get another 150hps and you would be set. ALSO<, 3 full grown plants(unless dwarfs) will not fit into your space to well. :D for your grow

ms4ms said:
Greetings, right now with the 150 you do not have enough light. The board recommends 5000 lumens per sq foot. Like the ukgirl stated the more the merrier with lights but try to get another 150hps and you would be set. ALSO<, 3 full grown plants(unless dwarfs) will not fit into your space to well. :D for your grow
Bro, how much space would I need for 3 plants? Ill probably need like a 400watt hps huh

The 150 should be enough to supply all the Blue/Orange and such you need for the space.
Its the Red (feeding) light you need more of.
Adding some 2700 cfls will fill that feeding need. They supply tremendous amounts of red spectrum. Upwards of 80% of the light emitted.

I do not know much about the spectrum of lights. I do know I have grown good plants with an hps light and thats what I advocate. The right amount of light is important to me(5k lumens/sq.foot) instead of the spectrum. You stated you have 4 sq feet so that would be 200 watts of lights. You can look at pics all day long and see how big a healthy plant will get. I miscalculated the size of plants and had them growing everywhere, overrunning my grow room. :D for your grow

Latest posts

Back