CFL Growing could i grow????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweetnug said:
CFLs are not good. HIDs are sooooooooooo much better even if its a 50 watt

If someone is only growing a small area and can't afford to buy a HID, then CFL's will work fine when in the proper amounts of lumens per/square foot of growing area.

HID's are WAY more efficient in electric usage, so on a larger area, they are the best deal. HID's also have a better light spectrum for growing.

HPS are the absolute best for flowering.

But a 50 watt HPS is better than any flo. They are 30 bucks

well it all seems like a bunch of amatuer growers telling me what they would do i need a growqer who actually knows thast cfl will not bring atleast 400+ grams if i had the right lummens and area

well what about vegg under cfl and flower under hps would yield be 400+ with the right strian if course

DeathPanx420 said:
well what about vegg under cfl and flower under hps would yield be 400+ with the right strian if course

If you use 5,000 lumens per/square foot of growing area while in vegetative cycle, using CFL's until your plants are about 15-18 inches tall and have about 20 square feet of area with about 8 to 10 plants, then use an HPS for flowering until your Trichchomes are half cloudy to half amber, yes, you'll have about a pound of weed.

After more than 40 years of growing pot, I hope I've passed the "amateur" level.

You'll have to use a world class nutrient mix and make sure your lights are as close as possible to your plants.

To cover that area with 400 watt HPS, you'll need two for proper coverage. One larger light won't have the same effect.

Growing weed isn't free. It's just way less than street crap after you get all the equipment.

Good luck man.

thanks man thats all the information i needed plus i just came up on a hps systeme so ill be getting those girls to flower thansk alot

Latest posts

Back