CFL's for flowering.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey that looks good but you can't beat hps for flowering. look you can go to home depot and cad can a 100 watt hps for 59.99 its puts out around 9,500 lumens and add that to you flowering room and if you need to make a remote ballst for the heat then we can show you how to do that to . its better to get the right lights. now then lateer

Sin inc said:
if you need to make a remote ballst for the heat then we can show you how to do that to .

I will be looking forward to the help on that too. I appreciate the input too.:bong:

hey bro those lights are cool and work good enough but you can get those at ace hardware or many other stores 2700k cfl for 2-5$a piece i got a bunch of 30 watt bulbs for 2.98 a piece if your looking for the best go hps but if heat or other probs concern you dont buy cfls from that site RIPOFF

are the screw in cfl's a lot hotter than hps?

man those lights will only last you for veg and berely that for veg the min i requre is a 500 watt floresents but i use a 1000 watt hps at all times faster grow and the plants love it

Shoot guys ! I thought it would be easy to find some 2700k cfl. I have been to wally world , kaymart, Lows,untrue value, and home dippo and have only seen 3000k and up. The three 2700k's that I own were free from city light.

Now I have seen a couple cfl that claimed to be in the orange to red spectrum, But they didn't have a kelvin rating, instead they said 300-500 MA.

What is mA.

Not intending to hijack your thread newgreen, just so many cfl threads I thought I would spare us all a new one

2700k is usually "soft white". i know that home depot and walmart carry them carrying the GE brand name in 26watt bulbs. mA is your amperes(milliamps), it has nothing to do with kelvins, its how much power the light is using. your standard wall outlet will handle 15 amps.

yes those are the bulbs I found ( soft white ) but they didn't mention kelvins so I wasn't sure. Only said milliamps on the bulb.

here's the diff. in using cfl and hps. same strain pot size nutes light cycle! The hps produced 17 nodes, cfl produced only 7. U decide Here's a plant currently at 31 days flower under 1400w hps!

DSC01107.JPG

DSC01113.JPG

DSC01110.JPG

good lord! you can't compare a 1400w with us closet growers and between 135-260 watts. i will hopefully have an hps someday but until then we will do our very best. i also dont really like the idea of how much heat an hps puts out when growing in such small spaces. if you have the room(and $$$) then hps is by FAR the way to go.

Get the soft white and try to get 5000 to 6000 lumens per square foot, basically doubling the 2k to 3k lumens needed for veg growth.

yea if you want the 2700k cfl you have to go to a floursenct retail you the one that only sell lights and other stuff to do with lights and electric that's where i get mine at. they might have some stuff that you havn't seen yet

U closet growers need to learn a thing or two, because u can use a 400w hps in a 2'x2'x3' space( smaller thann any closet i know) so stop wasting ur time with florals and take a little pide in what u do! My 1400w is also in a closet thats not that big!

Boaboi86, it is not about not having pride it is about budget. Unfortunately some of have not the finances to purchase HID yet and maybe some won't but I hate to sound argumentative but take it easy. We will get there soon enough.

It is more of a heat and ventaltion issue for me, thus the reason for cfl's. I would and will hopefully switch to HPS in the future, I live an a very small apartment and don't even have much closet space.

But thanks for rubbing salt on my wounds

so soft white is the way to go?

Latest posts

Back