cheap lights ****

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blunt

I kill them all
Reaction score
ive bought 2 250w MH lights (budget ones) and both bulbs have died within a week. i handled them correctly too. im done buying crap. these had to be some chinese junk. frustrating when everything is going so well and you go out in the morning and find one dark. good thing is the vendor replaced the first one free. we will see what they do with this one.

just got off the phone with the vendor (HTG) and they are sending me another replacement. these are great people to work with if anyone needs supplies.

lowrydergrower775 said:
yea dont talk down on htg supply they have done nothing but good for this site and the people on it :)

just the opposite. i was praising their customer service. read it again

godtea said:
Who's HTG ?

high tech garden supply. in my initial post i purposely left out the vendor as to not give a bad rep to anyone. im the one who chose the cheap 117 dollar light. it wasnt their fault . but lowrider seems to think im badmouthing them for some reason

i had a go around with them about an order that took a week and a half to get them to ship it out but as for the equipment Ive not had a problem the service was slow,and stuff worked so i guess you have to take the good and the bad but for these guys they have an added bonus as being the most cost effective site to buy lights from so your darned if you do (slow service) and darned if you don't (lower cost and good equipment) but all in all did have to say if they said they would replace the bulbs man :cool2: cause many shops would be like you messed it up installing it so if you want to order another bulb for its its 39.99 and will be 25 bucks to ship it out, when ever we get to it.

I'm not that far away from where there store is for those who wonder if it was logistics that caused my light to take so long it wasn't. it was the point that after 3 days of it being "in process" but the funds had already been transfered in full i called and questioned their service and was told it was to ship that day 4 days later it was still "in process" so i called back and got the run around again with them about it being shipped that day and i lost it thats why they were jerks to me cause i was one to them after a week of waiting for a paid for item to get shipped out. next time i'll just drive to the store and see how long it takes them. sorry it still gets to me, incompetent and slow, but quick to kiss your arse.

I'm starting to think that training plants to stay down and running lower wattages is the way to go, like you are with the 2x250's. I've heard reports from some growers than get amazing yields this way, using SCROG technique. If the plants stay reasonably low, what is the need for higher wattages? I have a 600 hps now and yes I can flower a 3' plant quite nicely, but we're not growing for looks indoors:)

I had a similar experience with Hid Hut. Their budget line stuff is functional but cheap, I had the wiring burn in a reflector socket due to one of the wires being loose. They offered a free bulb with my next order, but I fixed the reflector myself and didn't order anything else.
I think this damage comes in shipping, UPS and the like take great sport in hurling and slamming packages around, I have heard that firsthand.

bearfootbob said:
I'm starting to think that training plants to stay down and running lower wattages is the way to go, like you are with the 2x250's. I've heard reports from some growers than get amazing yields this way, using SCROG technique. If the plants stay reasonably low, what is the need for higher wattages? I have a 600 hps now and yes I can flower a 3' plant quite nicely, but we're not growing for looks indoors:)

I had a similar experience with Hid Hut. Their budget line stuff is functional but cheap, I had the wiring burn in a reflector socket due to one of the wires being loose. They offered a free bulb with my next order, but I fixed the reflector myself and didn't order anything else.
I think this damage comes in shipping, UPS and the like take great sport in hurling and slamming packages around, I have heard that firsthand.

Because the more lumens you have the faster/better the grow, stay with the 600HPS. :D

bearfootbob said:
I'm starting to think that training plants to stay down and running lower wattages is the way to go

Amen!

bearfootbob said:

Yup, was a hurler myself for a winter :/

Latest posts

Back