Check out this NEW fan controller...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtyolsouth

Zen Trichome Labs
Reaction score
HI,

Well i finally found it! :yay:

A fan motor speed controller that is thermostatically controlled. :hubba: I've got a Speedster motor speed controller and it's great for manual adjustment but this sounds so much better. The Grozone TV-2 will vary the fan motor speed dependent on temps and has a lights out 'off' thermostat set point so at night the ventilation can be set to run at a speed just enough for decent air exchange and odor control. This is the first unit of it's kind that I've seen on the US market and it's only $109 which I thought was fairly reasonable since I've seen them for UK voltage for more. I just ordered one online yesterday from NEhydro.com

hXXp://www.grozonecontrol.com/TV2_en.html

Here are the main features:

# Automatically slows down or speeds up centrifugal fans to respect user selected temperature setpoints.
# Enables the user to select the minimum fan speed (Idle Speed) between 25% and 60% of full power in 5% steps.
# Enables the user to activate / deactivate the Low Temperature Emergency Stop during the day only, during the night only or at all times.
# 6 foot cord with temperature sensor precise to 2°F / 1°C.
# Can drive single phase 120 Vac induction motor type fans up to 750 Watts.
# Any forced ventilation rooms should be equipped with this type of control to promote faster and more vigorous growth.

grozonetv2.jpg

Hey Zip-

Here's the ordering info:

hXXp://www.ncwgs.com/grozone_temp_controller.php

Hey zip!
Yeah it sure does. I just popped a few and I'm having trouble keeping the seedlings warm this time of year. I'm going to have to get one of those.

Looks like it would help year round.

Thats a great find, dos :) I am going to put that one on my wish list for future purchase for sure! It would work so perfectly with the setup I have now.
Thanks for sharing the info :)

Yepperz...

I agree everyone... I ordered mine from NEhydro.com... I've used them before and always had really prompt shipment and good customer service. I think it's also cool that you just plug your fan in and go, the models I saw that were sold in the UK and europe for their voltage had to have the fan bare wired into the box... This is so much more bonehead, uh.... ME proof! :p

Here's some more info - the Instructions PDF file. It sounds like "Middle Mode" is the mode for me... The fan runs between my preset "Idle Speed" and full speed and the fan will stay on at "Idle Speed" at night... yay:)

Peace~!:cool:

View attachment User Guide_TV2_V1_0.PDF

LOL I built one of these with a fan tech speed controller and a proportional thermostat... the thermostat was $120.. I think this is a good buy..

Congrats on the find Dirty!!! does this mean I can quit trying to find the one I thought I saw???.....lol....glad you found it! Now I need to get back to work so I can get me one of them!

Latest posts

Back