cheese slight problem *pics*

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tk.step14

Reaction score
Hi all, so.... i have 2 BB cheese they are just over a month into flower, grown in Biobizz all mix soil using biobizz grow, bloom, bio-heaven and top max and 3/4 recommended dose. they are being grown in a large closet under a 600w hps which sits just about a foot over the tops, mylar covering all the walls, 2 fans blowing directly on the buld one oscillating fan going across the top canopy and one going round the under growth. fresh air is bought in through a window situated near the closet. temperatures are fine in there.

So there is only a slight problem starting to develop on some of the leaves where they are starting to look dry and have rust like spots, i am thinking it could be magnesium but not sure.... they have not been flushed in a while also could be due to a salt build up? they look fine apart from that here are some pics of the plants and offending leaves. If i left anything out please ask for more info, its the morning im knackered!! thanks guys
1 month ish 1.jpg1 month ish.jpg09102008126.jpg09102008127.jpg

Attachments

• 30092008111.jpg
    30092008111.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 63
thanks for the quick reply, they have bin in flower just over 1 month, its on both plants but is affecting the one on the left a little more, haven't spilt anything on the leaves as far as i know, i did mist last week but the lights were out and they were totally dry by the morning..
tk

This could be a build up of nutes in the soil, try a flush, ive looked at mag def and I dont think thats what you have, it could simply be the stage the plant is at at flower, it shows slight similarities to too much watering, are you keeping your watering in check?

Is this damage only on the bottom leaves?

yeah im watering roughly every 3 days when the pots feel light/ is dry at least an inch down, yes its only the bottom leaves the new growth and buds all look good. ill have a go with flushing them i think thats the best way forward... how would you recomend doing this? sit them in the shower and flush till the water runs clear?? then leave to drain off before putting them back under the lights? thanks HippyInEngland really appreciate the help.
TK

A flush needs 3 times water volume to soil, so if you have a 3 gal pot then 9 gals of water, I know it sounds a lot but thats needed to flush the soil clean, I do it outside (im not an inside grower), I stand the pots on bricks so the drainage holes are not blocked, (laying it on a flat surface with a lot of water coming out the bottom of the pot often blocks the drainage holes so it cant drain easily), anything can be used as long as it strong enough to hold the pot off the surface, in a bath, shower, sink or outside on concrete, it doesnt matter, then leave an hour to let all the residue dribble out the bottom of the pot,then back under lights like normal, it will take a few days for the soil to dry out obviously :)

again thanks alot for the quality info HippyInEngland i will flush tonight and post results as follows :)
TK

That looks like the plant was fighting off a disease/infection in that part. That necrosis you see might actually be the plant cordoning off the possible contagion. In any case, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

quote - 'That looks like the plant was fighting off a disease/infection in that part. That necrosis you see might actually be the plant cordoning off the possible contagion. In any case, I wouldn't worry about it too much'

thanks for the info omnigr33n, any reason that my plants would be suffering a disease/ infection? if so what are the ways of preventing this happening again?

I flushed last night gave, seemed like endless ammounts of water going through but hopefully that will help them out! they arn't looking poorly, standard slight yellowing on lower leaves due to it being 5-6 weeks into flower. im actually very pleased with the outcome so far..... i just want every leaf to be as green and lush as the next (wishful thinking but aim high eh!!)
Cheers
TK

Latest posts

Back