Chrystal Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bleek187

higher than captain kirk
Reaction score
ok so i got my seeds and decided to go ahead and grow a few plants.. so check it
----------------------------------------------------------------
Chrystal is a White widow re-back-crossed with Northern Lights. Chrystal's buds are big and sticky with an almost kerosene like aroma and a quick hitting high. A F1 hybrid, Chrystal produces outstanding yields of top quality (and priced) grass. Much easier to manicure than White Widow. Chrystal is a first place winner of the Dutch Highlife Cup, 2002
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Plant type: Best suitable for indoor growing.
Plant height: Medium - Indica/Sativa Mix
Stoned or high?: Stoney yet high - Allround Buzz
THC level: Strong 15 - 20%
Flowering Weeks: 8/10
Yield ( Sea of green on one m2) : 375-475
Harvest Month: 9/10
Grow difficulty: Moderate
-----------------------------------------------------------------

ok so i started Germination on 02.28.08 Pic 1 and 2
they germinated for 5 days and stopd on 03.04.08 Pic 3

1 - Starta.JPG

2 - Container.jpg

3 - Day 4.jpg

whoah man those taproots are pretty long maybe next time only wait till they are a inch or two long and pop em in a pellet or strait into your medium

On 03.04.08 i put the plants in 2" rockwool cubes and moved them to the Bubble Starter, as i call it.

** - 01.jpg

** - 02.jpg

** - 03.jpg

** - 04.jpg

** - 05.jpg

Day 1 (P1).jpg

Day 1 (P2).jpg

Day 1.jpg

Yea i didnt check the seeds at all for 5 days.. just popd them in and forgot about them.. when i lookd at them i was like WOAH... time to plant lol

ok on 03.07.08 i added Nuts.. the plants were 3 days old from when i put them in the bubbler.

these pix are from the day after i started nuts.. Day 5.... 03.08.08

Day 5 (P1) - 01.jpg

Day 5 (P1) - 02.jpg

Day 5 (P2) - 01.jpg

Day 5 (P2) - 02.jpg

Lookin good so far. Keep us posted my friend. I will be pulling up a chair and firing up a fattie. Good luck and take care.

Day 11.... 03.14.08... These are pix i took today... added more nuts and im gonna put some mylar in there.. mylar on the top of the bubbler... and i plan on going to 12/12 soon but not sure when i should so im just kinda playing it by ear.. Plant 1 is about 3" tall... and plant 2 is about 1.5" tall

Day 11 (P1) - 01.jpg

Day 11 (P1) - 02.jpg

Day 11 (P1) - 03.jpg

Day 11 (P2) - 01.jpg

Day 11 (P2) - 02.jpg

Day 11 (P2) - 03.jpg

ok so these pix are from monday, 3.17.08.. The plants are 2 weeks old exactly in these pix.. i plan on taking pix every monday from here on out and posting on here ASAP after taking them.. They are looking good still and in the past few days they have started to put off a very plesent smell :) I think im gonna wate one more week and put them into 12/12 on mondy when they hit 3 weeks old.. im also thinking about taking a few clones rite before i put them into 12/12, 2 from each plant... i think it might not be a great idea to cut them and change the light at the same time but im not sure.. also im thinking that by cuting them and starting 12/12 at the same time might keep them very low growing plants.. but i donno..... if anybody has any thoughts on that let me know... Thanks

Week 2 (P1) - 01.jpg

Week 2 (P1) - 02.jpg

Week 2 (P2) - 01.jpg

Week 2 (P2) - 02.jpg

Here are a few changes i made to the grow room.. i coverd it with mylar.. i just took cardboard and cut it to tha shapes i needed and taped the mylar to it so i dont have it taped to the wall and i can use it agin if i move the grow room..

S - 02.jpg

S - 03.jpg

S - 04.jpg

S - 05.jpg

S - 06.jpg

S - 08.jpg

S - 09.jpg

S - 10.jpg

S - 11.jpg

S - 12.jpg

S - 14.jpg

Ok. Week 3 is done... I just moved them into flower. Flowering under cfls because that is all i can use rite now.. changed the newts for flowering.. changed the tupperware it is in also.. i put the plants into another tupperware thats a little bigger.. got them on 12/12 light.. water is on when lights are on and off when they are off.. the plants were also in small baskets or whatever you call them with not much to actualy grab and use to push up off of.. so im thinking this might have kept the plants short.. maby not but just what i was thinking.. i put them into the larger baskets with rockwool all around.. im thinking that the roots will take hold of this better and brace the plant so that it may grow up faster, rather than the roots just shooting down... this might be the dumbest thing you have ever heard but... just watching them grow it made sence to me.. lemme know if thats stupid or if it makes some sence =) ... anyway the pix are from monday 03.24.08.. plants are 3 weeks old and have been thru only the first 12/12 cycle.. my babys are growing up =) they will be turning from girls to women soon... hope they fill out like playboy bunnies ... thanks for looking .. peace

D1 (P1) - 01.jpg

D1 (P1) - 02.jpg

D1 (P2) - 01.jpg

D1 (P2) - 02.jpg

D1 (P2) - 03.jpg

D1.jpg

ok.. week 4.. the plants have been in flower for one week... the tall one was a boy =( killd um.. he was about 2ce as tall as the other one which im not sure about the sex yet but i think its a girl.. no idea if this has anything to do with sex but interesting how the guy was 2ce as big as the girl.. who knows... so i changed her to her own tupperware.. and thats about it.. the smell is oooooooo so sweet =) pix are from monday 03/31/08

View attachment W1.jpg

W1 (P1) - 1.jpg

W1 (P1) - 2.jpg

W1 (P2) - 1.jpg

W1 (P2) - 2.jpg

Week 5. Flowering for 2 weeks now... Shes def a girl =) and lookn + smelling great.. i will have my 400w HPS in about a week or so and cant wate to see what she does under that... the only thing im not sure about yet is how im going to do this... i was thinking about just taking clones, leting the mother go ahead and finish budding, and then turning one of the clones into a mother.. this way i can go ahead and get the bud off her and have more coming up... but i have heard that it is stressful to the clones to take them from a budding mother and put them in 24/7... anybody?
So the other way i was thinking about going would be to bring her out of 12/12 and back into veg, then take clones and start LST on the mother.. this way will require forever before i can get some product.. i would have to wate however long it takes her to go back to veg, prolly a week or 2.. then rooting and pre grow, another 2 weeks.. then i could start budding.. so that puts me another month out from now just starting the bud process.. i donno.. ill figure it out this week.. any sugestions would be nice.. thanks

W2 - 01.jpg

W2 - 02.jpg

W2 - 03.jpg

No body on this post? Looking good tho bro, why do you use 2" net pots, because your flowering early? And have you grown hydro before, how long?

well i used the 2" nets this time because i had the plants in 1.5" rockwool and a small net.. but i didnt like the way the roots were coming out of it so i acutaly just put that net and everything into a 2" net with more rockwool in it.. my thinking was that this would give the roots more to grab on 2 and make it more stable when the plant gets taller... maby not i donno.. this is only my second grow and the first one was hydro also.. the first one tho i didnt use netpots at all.. im new to hydro as well as growing all togather.. so i donno what im doing really lol... but im just kinda doin it how i think will work alright and with what i have..

You will learn bro, i am on my first grow also, iv bin waiting to grow for years and finally moved out of my parents and now i went mad scientist on my grow, i have 2 mother's in hydro "Afghani Kush, Strawberry cough", a SOG room "From seed", and an all organic soil going "Strawberry Cough", so i am trying at it too and learning allot n the way... I would sagest you moving on to at least 3.5" pots 5" pots would be better. The moor the roots grab the better and bigger they will get... Good Luck bro, i am tagging along on this grow. Good luck bro, let me know if you have any questions....s

Lil update.. today i got a TDS tester and found out i was feeding my lil girl way 2 much.. so i put her in just water for the next cpl days to flush her out.. i mixed a new batch of newts at about 900ppm.. she was getn over 2000ppm... so i guess i got lucky shes not dead.. anyway i also took 6 clones from her on tewsday 04.08.08 they are 3 days old now and looking great.. got them in a bubbler i made.. they are already starting to get those lil white bumps that turn into roots.. and my HPS light will be here tomarow WAAAHOOOO... so now she will be geting more than enough light, and the rite amount of newts.. i think between this week and next week i should see a huge diff..

Latest posts

Back