Chrystal Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice looking plants you have there. The root development is great for their age. I notice that you are top feeding them, so this is obviously much more than a simple bubbler...are these drip feeders?

Just FYI, clones taken from plants into flowering can be extremely hard to root. I would just keep my best looking clone as a new mother and never put her into 12/12 at all.

Regarding your nutes...make sure that your EC meter is calibrated correctly. I have a hard time believing that a baby that small could take 2000ppm without dying, and yet it shows no sign of overfeeding.

Pot size...I start all my babies in 3" net pots. When they go into flowering, they go into a 6" pot. I have simply cut a round hole in the bottom of my 6" pots large enough so that the 3" pots will sit right down into the bottom of the 6" pot. Trim vegetation below the rim of the 6" pot and fill with your choice of medium. If I am growing from seed, I usually wait until they show sex before putting into larger pots.

Looking very good man, Love ya setup too. Hope you get some big buds!!!
Dro:cool2:

yea i donno why i decided to top feed.. i used just the bubbler before in the entire grow and it worked fine.. I acuatly set up the top feed system because i started it from seed in this bubbler and needed a way to get water to the nets... after the roots made it to the water i guess i could have taken the water pump out but... i donno.. i figured it cant hurt anything so i just never took it out.. I DID have 2 dripers on the ends of the tubes but when i went down to one plant i just put the tube going rite onto the base of the plant.. so when its on it is just a steady stream of water poring over it.. it kinda just soaks the rockwool and drips out all down the roots.. I would love to hear any advice on if i should take this pump out or leave it in and the reasons why..

i took 6 clones. What i am thinking about doing is keeping one, the best looking one, as a mother and throwing the others under 12/12 as soon as they root.. i was actualy only wanting to get 2 good mothers out of the 6 clones but due to limited space i think i will only keep one.. i figure any of the other 5 that look healthy ill just throw them in the 12/12 with the first one, why not, ya know...

as far as the nutes, i dont know exactly what the ppm was at but i mixed up nutes and fed them to her one day before i got my tds tester. This solution is what i tested today when i got the TDS. and it didnt register.. i plan on going down to the hydro store tomarow and picking up some calibration .... uhhh.... stuff.. =) But she def is showing nute burn all over.. im pretty sure she should be alot bigger than she is and prolly 85% of the leafs on her have burn on them somewhere...

I am just kinda wingn it on this grow.. i started with very small netpots and moved up to 2".. to tell you the truth i just didnt feal like buying lava rocks or those clay ball things.. i just figured id see how it went in these 2" pots with rockwool around them.. when i go to the hydro store tomarow i plan on geting a few dif sizes of net pots and some other good stuff to play around with.. im gonna get some more, dif size, tupperwares also... ive had a few people tell me i should have them in some bigger pots with medium and you are prolly rite.. but i think im gonna leave this one how it is just ta see how it goes... but i will def try out the way you do it cuz it sounds alot better than how i have it now lol... Thanks for the advice and keep it coming.. i keep learning new stuff every day and im loven it.

You learn by trial-and-error my friend. It sounds like you are figuring things out though. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

Week 6.. Flowering for 3 weeks.... Friday i got my 400w HPS.. Flushed for the past few days with just water.. today i added food.. gonna start her out at around 750ppm prolly gonna bump it up ever few days till i get her to 1000.. I also Built a new grow box due 2 the HPS.. The box is 24" X 32"... the bottom is lined with plastic in case of spills and mylar lines the inside from about a foot up.. I LOVE this HPS.. way way WAY WAY better..

So here we go.. Pix of my new grow box and HID

S - 02.jpg

S - 03.jpg

S - 04.jpg

S - 05.jpg

S - 06.jpg

Hey Bleek..Looking Great my friend..I dont do Hydro but am interested in it...How are your temps running in the new box? That HPS puts out lots more heat huh?..your plants will pay you back 10 fold my friend..I will fallow along with this the rest of the way..clones look good should start seeing bumps any day now huh? ..Keep it GREEN..and here some GREEN MOJO for the new clippings

To tell you the truth i havent checkd the temps in the box yet.. I did set my timer for a time when i am almost always home, so when it comes on i open the flap and turn on the fan.. for the most part i think it keeps things pretty cool.. i will be puting a thermometer in there in the next week so ill be able to let U know exactly..

As for the HID yea.. i love this thing.. ive had it on them for 2 light cycles now and i can see a diferance.. thing is amazing

Thanks for the mojo.. the clones are startn to look like they are trying to root.. im hoping they will some in the next week.. i want to move them into rockwool and hydro so i can stick them in the box ASAP.. i think im gonna try a few dif things with them.. Keep one for a mother and LST her... with the others im gonna try dif methods ive seen.. toping, supercroping, exc..

Good luck Bleek...I too play around in my garden..I have done super crop/LST and other silly things just to see what happens...You dont do clones in rockwool huh? I use rockwool for cloneing and then stick the 1
' cube in the soil when roots start to come threw...Will be keeping an eye on these..Thanks

Great looking grow and set up you have there man.. I remember comtemplating buying chrystal when i bought my first seeds. those are growing like BEASTS!!! Keep up the good work :D

Smoke: Yea i put them in rockwool, but i leave them in the bubbler untill they start to root.. then i will pop them in rockwool and put them in a DWI with a drip..

Thanks Bleek...I did not have much luck with my Bubble cloner...I have some "ICE" beans that they say is great for hydro..I will try my hand in it sometime..but for now Im just a DIRT farmer that cant seem to grow nothin but WEEDS...Happy Growing my friend

ite.. so Week 7... Week 4 of flowering... shes about 18" tall... bud all over her..

W4 - 01.jpg

W4 - 02.jpg

W4 - 03.jpg

W4 - 04.jpg

Clones 11 days old..

i took them out of the bubble cloner and put them into 1.5" rockwool cubes.. i then stuck the rockwool cubes into another bubbler with 6 2" netpots... no drip.. just filled the water to where it almost touches the bottom of the netpot.. air stones.. and 200ppm of food in the water.. kept the dome.. gonna leave it untill the roots reach the water..

11th day - 01.jpg

11th day - 02.jpg

11th day - 03.jpg

11th day - 04.jpg

11th day - 05.jpg

11th day - 06.jpg

And these are from today.. 4/21 3 days after i put them into rockwool and in the 2" netpot bubbler

you can see the tap roots shooting out.. i will be transplanting them into bigger rockwool cubes in the next few days.. and they will most likely go into 12/12 in the next cycle

0421081357.jpg

0421081358.jpg

Great work my friend. Nice job with the clones. The ladies are also looking spectacular. Going to be fun watching your journal. Keep us posted on the ladies. Take care and be safe.

Latest posts

Back